Affiliation: Mersin University
- The effect of EGFR-related tyrosine kinase activity inhibition on the growth and invasion mechanisms of prostate carcinoma cell linesA Unlu
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Mersin, Mersin, Turkey
Int J Biol Markers 18:139-46. 2003..Our results indicate that EGF is a potent stimulative agent for both growth and invasion in prostate cancer cells, and that targeting the EGFR function inhibits not only tumor growth but also invasiveness...
- Transforming growth factor beta1 stimulates urokinase plasminogen activator system on prostate cancer cellsA Unlu
Department of Biochemistry, Medical Faculty, Mersin University, Mersin, Turkey
Int J Biol Markers 18:147-51. 2003..In conclusion, the potential contribution of TGFbeta1 to tumor invasion may be considered as positive, based on both loss of growth inhibition and stimulation of components of the invasive system of prostate carcinoma...
- Effects of Daflon on oxidative stress induced by hindlimb ischemia/reperfusionA Unlu
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, Mersin University, Zeytinlibahce Cad, 33079 Mersin, Turkey
Pharmacol Res 48:11-5. 2003..015). These overall results suggest that Daflon contributes renal protection from hind limb ischemia/reperfusion injury in some degree, by decreasing systemic oxidative stress...
- Role of oxidative stress enzymes in open-angle glaucomaO Yildirim
Department of Ophthalmology, Mersin University, Faculty of Medicine, Mersin, Turkey
Eye (Lond) 19:580-3. 2005..To investigate the role of oxidative stress and lipid peroxidation in the pathogenesis of primary open-angle glaucoma (POAG)...
- Effects of trimetazidine on tissue damage in kidney after hindlimb ischemia-reperfusionN Sucu
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Mersin Universitesi Tip Fakultesi Hastanesi, Zeytinlibahçe Cad 33079, Mersin, Turkey
Pharmacol Res 46:345-9. 2002..These overall results strongly suggested that TMZ contributes renal protection from hindlimb I/R injury by decreasing systemic oxidative stress...
- The effect of Escherichia coli-derived lipopolysaccharides on plasma levels of malondialdehyde and 3-nitrotyrosineA Unlu
Mersin University, Faculty of Medicine, Biochemistry Department, Turkey
Clin Chem Lab Med 39:491-3. 2001..In conclusion, asymptomatic infections may increase the risk of atherosclerosis by inducing free radical formation and a consequent increase in the oxidation of LDL...
- Apolipoprotein B gene polymorphisms in people in the east Mediterranean area of TurkeyL Tamer
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Mersin University, Mersin, Turkey
East Mediterr Health J 10:125-30. 2004..Neither mutation was found. In this region, Apo B-100 protein mutations are rare and causes of hyperlipidaemia and atherosclerosis may therefore be unrelated to them...
- Plasma catalase activity and malondialdehyde level in patients with cataractN A Ates
Department of Medical Biology and Genetics, Faculty of Medicine, Mersin University, Mersin, Turkey
Eye (Lond) 18:785-8. 2004..Oxidative mechanisms play a major role in the aetiology and pathogenesis of cataract, especially in age-related cataract. Our study aims to investigate systemic oxidant and antioxidant markers in cataract patients...
- The relationship between leptin and lipids in atherosclerosisL Tamer
Department of Biochemistry, Mersin University, Turkey
Indian Heart J 54:692-6. 2002..This study aimed to examine the extent to which leptin, alone or in combination with other risk factors, may be an independent marker for myocardial infarction in a region with a high incidence of cardiovascular disease...
- The effects of peroxynitrite on erythrocytesN Turkozkan
Faculty of Medicine, Biochemistry Department, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
Clin Chem Lab Med 39:1263-6. 2001..Although nitrating effect of peroxynitrite does not seem to be preventable by endogenous antioxidants, this effect of peroxynitrite may not endanger erythrocytes if the oxidative damage of peroxynitrite is prevented...