Ozlem Bolgen Cimen
Affiliation: Mersin University
- Pulmonary function tests, aerobic capacity, respiratory muscle strength and endurance of patients with rheumatoid arthritisB Cimen
University of Mersin, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Turkey
Clin Rheumatol 20:168-73. 2001..According to this result, respiratory and aerobic exercises may be recommended to improve respiratory muscle strength and endurance and aerobic capacity in these patients...
- Behçet's syndrome coexisting with clinically occult ankylosing spondylitisOzlem Bolgen Cimen
Mersin Universitesi, Tip Fakultesi, F T R Anabilim Dali 33070 Mersin, Turkey
Z Rheumatol 61:440-2. 2002..He was diagnosed as having ankylosing spondylitis (AS). In this report we wish to emphasize the clinically occult co-existence of AS in BS and revelation of AS after a long time of BS diagnose...
- Obesity related measurements and joint space width in patients with knee osteoarthritisOzlem Bolgen Cimen
Mersin University, Medical Faculty, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Turkey
Ups J Med Sci 109:159-64. 2004....
- The effect of hand osteoarthritis on grip and pinch strength and hand function in postmenopausal womenSelda Bagis
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Mersin University Medical School, Mersin, Turkey
Clin Rheumatol 22:420-4. 2003..In conclusion, hand osteoarthritis contributes to hand dysfunction, mainly related to the severity of osteoarthritis, pain, joint involvement and the presence of nodules...
- Pulmonary function tests, respiratory muscle strength, and endurance of patients with osteoporosisOzlem Bolgen Cimen
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Mersin Faculty of Medicine, Mersin, Turkey
South Med J 96:423-6. 2003..The aim of this study was to determine the pulmonary function, respiratory muscle strength, and endurance of patients with osteoporosis who did not have compression fractures...
- Bone mineral density and grip strength in postmenopausal Turkish women with osteoporosis: site specific or systemic?Gunsah Sahin
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Faculty of Medicine, Mersin University, Mersin, Turkey
Int J Fertil Womens Med 47:236-9. 2002..The bone mineral density of the lumbar spine, femoral neck and the nondominant hand were measured by DEXA...
- The geriatric hand: correlation of hand-muscle function and activity restriction in elderlyNurgul Arinci Incel
Mersin University, Mersin Universitesi Tip Fakültesi Araştirma ve Uygulama Hastanesi, Mersin, Turkey
Int J Rehabil Res 32:213-8. 2009..Manual function can be determined by grip strength in addition to multiple available functional tools. In this study, Dreiser and Duruöz hand function indices were the best to correlate with ADL and quality of life...
- Correlation of serum cytokine levels with axial bone mineral densityGunsah Sahin
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, School of Medicine, University of Mersin, Mersin, Turkey
Singapore Med J 43:576-8. 2002..However increased production of these cytokines may occur in the local environment of bone...
- In vivo effects of meloxicam, celecoxib, and ibuprofen on free radical metabolism in human erythrocytesM Y Burak Cimen
Department of Biochemistry, Medical Faculty, Mersin University, 33079 Mersin, Turkey
Drug Chem Toxicol 26:169-76. 2003..Decreased AOP levels may indicate impairment in the total antioxidant defence system. These NSAIDs have similar effects on free radical metabolism on human erythrocytes; despite some difference in action mechanisms...
- Prevalence of dermatophytosis in patients with rheumatoid arthritisAli Bicer
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Mersin University, School of Medicine, 33070 Zeytinlibahce Mersin, Turkey
Rheumatol Int 23:37-40. 2003..This study investigated the prevalence of dermatophytosis in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and the relationship between sulfasalazine, low-dose methotrexate and steroid therapy...
- Arginase, NOS activities, and clinical features in fibromyalgia patientsOzlem Bolgen Cimen
Department of Physical Medicine, Medical Faculty, Mersin University, Mersin, Turkey
Pain Med 10:813-8. 2009..The aim of the present study was to investigate the effect of arginase and nitric oxide synthase (NOS) enzyme activities in FM with respect to their importance in pathogenesis, and the relationship with FM-related clinical parameters...
- The protective effects of acetylsalicylic acid on free radical production in cisplatin induced nephrotoxicity: an experimental rat modelBahar Ulubas
Department of Chest Disease, Medical Faculty, Mersin University, Mersin, Turkey
Drug Chem Toxicol 26:259-70. 2003..000, p = 0.029). These results show that cisplatin and ASA combination decreases the levels of urea and creatinine, reduces necrosis and improves antioxidant enzyme activities, MDA and AOP in rat kidney...