Bahadir M Gulluoglu
Affiliation: Marmara University
- Efficacy of prophylactic antibiotic administration for breast cancer surgery in overweight or obese patients: a randomized controlled trialBahadir M Gulluoglu
Breast and Endocrine Surgery Unit, Department of General Surgery, Marmara University School of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
Ann Surg 257:37-43. 2013..To assess the impact of prophylactic antibiotics on the prevention of surgical site infection (SSI) and the cost-effectiveness of this prophylaxis for breast cancer surgery in overweight or obese women...
- Breast cancer related lymphedema in patients with different loco-regional treatmentsBeyza Ozcinar
Istanbul University, Istanbul Medical Faculty, General Surgery Department, Istanbul, Turkey
Breast 21:361-5. 2012..Aim of this prospective observational study was to determine the rate of mid-term and late time period lymphedema in breast cancer patients with different loco-regional treatments, and factors associated with lymphedema...
- Should we consider topical silver nitrate irrigation as a definitive nonsurgical treatment for perianal fistula?Wafi Attaallah
1Department of General Surgery, Marmara University School of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey 2Department of Radiology, Marmara University School of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
Dis Colon Rectum 57:882-7. 2014..Surgery is currently the sole treatment modality for anal fistulas. However, surgery is associated with complications such as permanent incontinence, which reduces quality of life...
- Radiofrequency ablation of benign symptomatic thyroid nodules: prospective safety and efficacy studyM Umit Ugurlu
Department of General Surgery, Marmara University, School of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
World J Surg 39:961-8. 2015..This study was conducted to evaluate the safety and efficacy of ultrasound (US)-guided percutaneous RFA for benign symptomatic thyroid nodules as an alternative to surgery...
- Predicting the likelihood of nonsentinel lymph node metastases in triple negative breast cancer patients with a positive sentinel lymph node: Turkish Federation of Breast Disease Associations protocol MF09-01Serdar Ozbas
Department of General Surgery, Adnan Menderes University, Aydin, Turkey
Clin Breast Cancer 12:63-7. 2012....
- Do antimicrobial susceptibility patterns of colonic isolates of Bacteroides species change after antibiotic prophylaxis with cefoxitine during elective abdominal surgery?Nurver Ulger Toprak
Department of Microbiology, Marmara University School of Medicine, Tophanelioglu cad 13 15, Altunizade, Uskudar, Istanbul 34662, Turkey
World J Surg 29:1311-5. 2005..Metronidazole, imipenem, and amoxicillin-clavulanate seem highly effective against both Bacteroides species. Cefoxitin prophylaxis did not significantly increase the resistance patterns against antimicrobial agents...
- Retained abdominal gallstones after laparoscopic cholecystectomy: a systematic reviewBaha T Demirbas
Department of General Surgery, Marmara University Pendik Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 25:97-9. 2015..The aim of this study is to make a systematic review of high-quality published trails regarding the complications of retained gallstones after laparoscopic cholecystectomy for cholelitiasis...
- The emerging role of national academies in surgical training: an inspiring environment for increasing the quality of health care in breast cancer managementOsman Cem Yilmaz
Department of Surgery, Breast Unit, Academic Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
J Cancer Educ 29:395-400. 2014..Briefly, SENATURK plays a significant role as the opinion leader on every aspect of health care related to conditions and diseases of the breast. ..
- Use of resterilized polypropylene mesh in inguinal hernia repair: a prospective, randomized studyAsim Cingi
Department of General Surgery, Marmara University School of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
J Am Coll Surg 201:834-40. 2005..Inguinal hernia repair consumes considerable health-care resources worldwide. Open mesh repairs are commonly used and the feasibility of using a resterilized mesh, which is a general practice in certain countries, has not been evaluated...
- Survey on a mammographic screening program in Istanbul, TurkeyVahit Ozmen
Department of Surgery, Istanbul Medical Faculty, University of Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
Breast J 17:260-7. 2011....
- Analysis of p53 gene polymorphisms and protein over-expression in patients with breast cancerMustafa Akkiprik
Marmara University School of Medicine, Department of Medical Biology, Tibbiye Cad, No 49, Haydarpasa, Istanbul 34668, Turkey
Pathol Oncol Res 15:359-68. 2009..Determination of well-known p53 polymorphisms might be a good predictor for breast cancer development especially in women younger than 50 years...
- Multiparametric analysis of preoperative lymphatic mapping with the use of combined deep plus superficial radiotracer injection technique in early breast cancerFuat Dede
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Marmara University School of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
Nucl Med Commun 29:546-52. 2008..In this study, we analysed the quantitative performance parameters of combined deep plus superficial radiotracer injection and their correlation with a set of clinical, pathological and technical factors...