Affiliation: Marmara University
- Cost-effectiveness of new pneumococcal conjugate vaccines in Turkey: a decision analytical modelMustafa Bakir
Department of Pediatrics and Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Marmara University School of Medicine Hospital, Altunizade, Pendik, Istanbul, 34662, Turkey
BMC Health Serv Res 12:386. 2012..We compare the cost effectiveness of a 13-valent PCV (PCV-13) and a 10-valent pneumococcal non-typeable Haemophilus influenzae protein D conjugate vaccine (PHiD-CV) with that of PCV-7 in Turkey...
- Hickman Catheter-Related Bacteremia with Kluyvera cryocrescens: a Case ReportDemet Toprak
Department of Pediatrics, Marmara Univesity School of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
Jpn J Infect Dis 61:229-30. 2008..from clinical specimens is rare. This saprophyte microorganism may cause serious central venous catheter infections, especially in immunosuppressed patients. Clinicians should be aware of its virulence and resistance to many antibiotics...
- Use of T cell-based diagnosis of tuberculosis infection to optimize interpretation of tuberculin skin testing for child tuberculosis contactsMustafa Bakir
Department of Paediatrics, Marmara University School of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
Clin Infect Dis 48:302-12. 2009..More-accurate T cell-based tests of infection could enhance diagnosis by optimizing interpretation of the TST results...
- Lack of an inverse association between tuberculosis infection and atopy: by T-cell-based immune assay (RD1-ELISpot)Ahmet Soysal
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Marmara University School of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 19:709-15. 2008..003). M. tuberculosis infection whether measured by TST or RD1-ELISpot, was not associated with atopy in children with household TB contact. Presence of a BCG vaccination scar was inversely associated with atopy, as measured by serum IgE...
- Diagnosing latent tuberculosis infection in haemodialysis patients: T-cell based assay (T-SPOT.TB) or tuberculin skin test?Ahmet Soysal
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Marmara University School of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
Nephrol Dial Transplant 27:1645-50. 2012..The aim of this study is to compare the diagnostic utility of tuberculin skin test (TST) with an interferon-γ-based assay (T-SPOT.TB) for the diagnosis of LTBI in HD patients...
- Prognostic value of a T-cell-based, interferon-gamma biomarker in children with tuberculosis contactMustafa Bakir
Marmara University School of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
Ann Intern Med 149:777-87. 2008..Enzyme-linked immunospot (ELISpot) assay is an increasingly widely used, T-cell-based, interferon-gamma-release assay for diagnosing tuberculosis infection, but whether positive results are prognostic of active tuberculosis is not known...
- Extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae in paediatric wards: a nested case-control studySerap Demir
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Marmara University School of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
J Paediatr Child Health 44:548-53. 2008....
- Recurrent fatal necrotizing fasciitis due to Streptococcus pyogenes in a child with hereditary sensory and automic neuropathy type IVCanan Kuzdan
Department of Pediatrics, Marmara University Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Jpn J Infect Dis 64:147-9. 2011..pyogenes. We recommend antibiotic prophylaxis for patients with NF due to S. pyogenes, especially for those with predisposing factors...
- Comparison of positive tuberculin skin test with an interferon-gamma-based assay in unexposed childrenAhmet Soysal
Department of Pediatrics, Marmara University School of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
Jpn J Infect Dis 61:192-5. 2008..We suggest that confirmation of a positive TST by the interferon-gamma-based test would reduce unnecessary preventive therapy significantly in healthy unexposed BCG-vaccinated children...
- Potential Cost-Effectiveness of Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine (PCV) in TurkeyOzden Turel
Department of Pediatrics and Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Bezmialem Vakif University, Adnan Menderes Bulvan Vatan Caddessi, Fatih, Istanbul, Turkey
Value Health 16:755-9. 2013..This suggests that replacing 7-valent PCV with a higher-valent version could at least maintain "standard of care" if not improve it, and that it could be affordable...
- Estimating and comparing the clinical and economic impact of paediatric rotavirus vaccination in Turkey using a simple versus an advanced modelMustafa Bakir
Division of Paediatric Infectious Diseases, Department of Paediatrics, Marmara University School of Medicine, Pendik, Istanbul, Turkey
Vaccine 31:979-86. 2013..We compared the output of an advanced model with a simple model requiring fewer data inputs. If the results are similar, this could be helpful for countries that have few data available...
- T-SPOT.TB assay usage in adults and childrenAhmet Soysal
Marmara University Medical Faculty, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, T C Sağlik Bakanlığı Marmara Üniversitesi Hastanesi, Fevzi Çakmak Mahallesi, Mimar Sinan Caddesi, Üst Kaynarca, Pendik, Istanbul, Turkey
Expert Rev Mol Diagn 11:643-60. 2011..Although IGRAs cannot distinguish active TB disease from latent TB infection, these assays perform better than the TST for the detection of TB infection...
- Clinical knowledge and attitudes of Turkish physicians toward rabies caused by animal bitesIsmail Gonen
Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Department of Pediatrics, Marmara University Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Jpn J Infect Dis 64:382-90. 2011....