Affiliation: Istanbul University
- Thalamic proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy in vegetative state induced by traumatic brain injuryM Uzan
Department of Neurosurgery, Cerrahpasa Medical School, Istanbul University, PO Box 5, Cerrahpasa 34301, Istanbul, Turkey
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 74:33-8. 2003..To determine whether proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS), a newer radiographic technology, would be useful in the evaluation of the thalamus of patients in vegetative states resulting from traumatic brain injury...
- Association between interleukin-1 beta (IL-1beta) gene polymorphism and outcome after head injury: an early reportM Uzan
Department of Neurosurgery, Istanbul University Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Istanbul, Turkey
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 147:715-20; discussion 720. 2005..Therefore, the aim of this paper was to search for the possible association between the outcome and IL-1beta gene polymorphism in human HI...
- Intracerebral Whipple disease: unusual location and bone destruction. Case reportZiya Akar
Department of Neurosurgery, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, University of Istanbul, Turkey
J Neurosurg 97:988-91. 2002..Although CNS involvement has been observed in the form of deep-seated mass lesions in cases of systemic Whipple disease, unusual manifestations should be kept in mind during diagnosis and follow-up review in these patients...
- Evaluation of apoptosis in cerebrospinal fluid of patients with severe head injuryM Uzan
Department of Neurosurgery, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 148:1157-64; discussion. 2006....
- Finite element model of the Jefferson fracture: comparison with a cadaver modelH Bozkus
Vehbi Koc Foundation American Hospital, Department of Neurosurgery, Istanbul, Turkey
Eur Spine J 10:257-63. 2001..The changes in the C1 strain and stress values during static axial loading biomechanically prove that the Jefferson fracture is a burst fracture...
- Association between APOE polymorphisms and mesial temporal lobe epilepsy with hippocampal sclerosisS N Yeni
Department of Neurology, Cerrahpasa Medical School, Istanbul University, Cerrahpasa, Istanbul, Turkey 34303
Eur J Neurol 12:103-7. 2005..This study has found no association between APOE epsilon4 polymorphisms and presentation of MTLE-HS in a group of Turkish patients...
- Depressed skull fracture overlying the superior sagittal sinus as a cause of benign intracranial hypertension. Case reportM Uzan
Department of Neurosurgery, Istanbul University, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Turkey
J Neurosurg 88:598-600. 1998..If venous sinus flow obstruction is revealed in the presence of signs and symptoms of intracranial hypertension, surgery is indicated as the first line of treatment...
- Adult intramedullary mature teratoma of the spinal cord: review of the literature illustrated with an unusual exampleH Ak
Department of Neurosurgery, Cerrahpasa Medical School, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 148:663-9; discussion 669. 2006..An illustrative case of an extremely unusual localization is also presented...
- Intramedullary tuberculous abscess: a case reportM Hanci
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Istanbul, Turkey
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 21:766-9. 1996..CONCLUSION: The treatment of intramedullary abscess consists of surgical evacuation of the pus. Appropriate treatment offers a favorable prognosis even in cases with severe deficits...
- Nitric oxide (NO) metabolism in the cerebrospinal fluid of patients with severe head injury. Inflammation as a possible cause of elevated no metabolitesM Uzan
Department of Neurosurgery, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, Instanbul, Turkey
Surg Neurol 56:350-6. 2001..These data indicate that the predominant cause of the higher CSF NO(-)(2) + NO(-)(3) concentrations observed in SHI is most likely inflammation...
- [Preeclampsia and antiphospholipid syndrome. Uterine artery Doppler evaluation]L Carbillon
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Hopital Jean Verdier, Bondy, France
Rev Med Interne 27:111-6. 2006..In pregnant women the antiphospholipid syndrome is associated to an increased risk of preeclampsia and complications related to uteroplacental insufficiency, and the role of uterine artery Doppler is discussed...