Affiliation: Istanbul University
- Hamartomatous endocervical polyp with heterologous mesenchymal tissueR Ilhan
Department of Pathology, Gynecologic Pathology Division, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Pathol Int 51:305-7. 2001..Mitotic figures were not observed. Arteriolar structures did not contain internal elastic lamina. In our opinion, these pathological findings are all consistent with a hamartomatous lesion rather than with a true neoplasm...
- The values of intratumoral mast cell count and Ki-67 immunoreactivity index in differential diagnosis of uterine smooth muscle neoplasmsE Yavuz
Department of Pathology, Gynecologic Pathology Division, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, Turkey
Pathol Int 51:938-41. 2001..We concluded that the quantity of intratumoral mast cells is useful in the differential diagnosis between leiomyosarcomas and atypical leiomyomas, while the cell proliferation rate expressed by Ki-67 immunoreactivity has a limited value...
- Radiation-induced benign glandular cells in posthysterectomy smears: a cytomorphologic and clinical analysisE Yavuz
Department of Pathology, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Turkey
Int J Gynecol Cancer 16:670-4. 2006..We also propose that the possibility of encountering glandular cells in posthysterectomy smears is higher than expected, if the mucin stains have been used for the microscopic examination...
- Adenomyolipoma of the uterus: a case reportE Yavuz
Istanbul Medical Faculty, Pathology Department, Breast and Gynecological Pathology Division, Turkey
Pathology 33:96-100. 2001..The lesion had an irregular surface. Microscopic diagnosis was an adenomyolipoma. The peculiar shape and microscopic features of this lesion suggested that it was a variant of benign MÃ¼llerian mixed tumour...
- Granulomatous villitis formed by inflammatory cells with maternal origin: a rare manifestation type of placental toxoplasmosisE Yavuz
Department of Pathology, Istanbul School of Medicine, Istanbul University, Capa, Topkapi, Istanbul 34390, Turkey
Placenta 27:780-2. 2006..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first case of granulomatous villitis due to toxoplasmosis, in which formation by maternal inflammatory cells has been demonstrated...
- Positive or close margins in breast conserving surgery: is re-excision always necessary?S O Gurdal
Departments of Surgery, Ispartakule Ilgaz 1 Villa 40, Istanbul University, Bahcesehir Basaksehir Istanbul, Zip Code 34538, Turkey
Eur J Surg Oncol 38:399-406. 2012....