Affiliation: Istanbul University
- The effectiveness of preabortion contraception counselingN Ortayli
Family Health Department, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 74:281-5. 2001..To demonstrate the impact of preabortion counseling followed by immediate postabortal provision of the chosen method on postabortion contraceptive use...
- Immediate postabortal contraception with the levonorgestrel intrauterine device, Norplant, and traditional methodsN Ortayli
Woman and Child Health Training and Research Unit, Medical School of Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
Contraception 63:309-14. 2001..The women found the levonorgestrel implants and IUDs easy and safe to use and highly effective. Bleeding disturbances, including amenorrhea, were the principal features the women disliked...
- Users' perspectives on implantable contraceptives for womenNuriye Ortayli
University of Istanbul, Cocuk Sagligi Enstitusu, Cocuk Hastanesi, Millet Cad 34390, Capa, Istanbul, Turkey
Contraception 65:107-11. 2002..Care must be taken to provide implants in a context of high quality of care with adequate numbers and distribution of trained providers and a basic record-keeping and tracking system...
- Assessing the acceptability, service delivery requirements, and use-effectiveness of the diaphragm in Colombia, Philippines, and TurkeyA Bulut
Institute of Child Health, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Contraception 63:267-75. 2001..With proper attention to quality of care, the diaphragm can be successfully offered in resource-poor settings...
- Curable sexually transmitted infections among the clientele of a family planning clinic in Istanbul, TurkeyN Ortayli
Woman and Child Health Training and Research Unit, Medical School of Istanbul, University of Istanbul, Turkey
Sex Transm Dis 28:58-61. 2001..CONCLUSION: Larger studies using more sensitive laboratory tests are needed to determine the prevalence of chlamydial infections in family planning clinics in Turkey...