Affiliation: Istanbul University
- Effects of protective and conventional mechanical ventilation on pulmonary function and systemic cytokine release after cardiopulmonary bypassOzge Koner
Anesthesiology Department, Cardiology Institute, Istanbul University, Haseki caddesi, 34303, Aksaray Istanbul, Turkey
Intensive Care Med 30:620-6. 2004..To evaluate the effects of protective and conventional ventilation with or without positive end-expiratory pressure (PEEP), on systemic tumor necrosis factor-alpha, interleukin-6 levels and pulmonary function during open heart surgery...
- Off pump repair of aortic arch anomalies with concomitant intracardiac defects via anterior approachAhmet Ozkara
Institute of Cardiology, Istanbul University, Etiler 34337, Istanbul, Turkey
J Card Surg 21:550-2. 2006..The authors evaluated the surgical treatment of aortic arch anomalies associated with intracardiac pathologies, through median sternotomy on beating heart without using cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB)...
- The effects of internal thoracic artery preparation with intact pleura on respiratory function and patients' early outcomesAhmet Ozkara
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, School of Medicine, Istanbul Bilim University, Istanbul, Turkey
Anadolu Kardiyol Derg 8:368-73. 2008....
- Mitral valve replacement in a patient with Sneddon syndromeOzge Koner
Department of Anesthesiology, Cardiology Institute, Istanbul University, Kiziltoprak, Instanbul, Turkey
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 19:661-4. 2005
- Repair of multiple muscular ventricular septal defects: septal obliteration techniqueGurkan Cetin
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Institute of Cardiology, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
J Card Surg 20:274-7. 2005..There are various surgical techniques and approaches for closure of "Swiss-cheese" VSDs. In this study, we report the outcome of multiple muscular VSDs repair, using the septal obliteration technique...
- Procalcitonin kinetics in pediatric patients with systemic inflammatory response after open heart surgerySerdar Celebi
Istanbul University, Cardiology Institute, Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Department, Istanbul, Turkey
Intensive Care Med 32:881-7. 2006..To evaluate procalcitonin and C-reactive protein as markers of inflammation severity and their value in predicting development of organ failure after pediatric open heart surgery...
- Arterial switch operations for single coronary artery ostium or intramural coronary arteryGurkan Cetin
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Cerrahpasa Medical School, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Circ J 68:1179-83. 2004..Various techniques have been reported and the present study was an evaluation of them in 10 neonatal patients...
- Aortic arch reconstruction with pulmonary autograft patch in coarctation and interruption of the aortaGurkan Cetin
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Istanbul University Institute of Cardiology, Istanbul, Turkey
J Card Surg 20:167-70. 2005..According to our experience the technique applied in this report seems to be more advantageous than other conventional approaches...