Affiliation: Istanbul University
- Predictors of psychological distress in survivors of the 1999 earthquakes in Turkey: effects of relocation after the disasterC Kilic
Department of Psychiatry, Izzet Baysal Medical School, Abant Izzet Baysal University, Bolu, Turkey
Acta Psychiatr Scand 114:194-202. 2006..Relocations after disasters are known to cause added distress in survivors. This study examined the effects of migration and other factors on psychological status of survivors 4 years after the two severe earthquakes in Turkey...
- [Health services use for earthquake-related psychological problems: results from the 1999 earthquakes in Turkey]Cengiz Kiliç
Hacettepe U Tip Fak, Psikiyatri AD, Ankara
Turk Psikiyatri Derg 19:113-23. 2008..This study reports on the health services use of the survivors of the 1999 earthquake in Turkey...
- Effect of relocation and parental psychopathology on earthquake survivor-children's mental healthCengiz Kiliç
Department of Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
J Nerv Ment Dis 199:335-41. 2011..Social network disruption does not seem to have a negative effect on children once parental psychopathology is taken into account...
- Prevalence of psychiatric disorders three years after the 1999 earthquake in Turkey: Marmara Earthquake Survey (MES)Emin Onder
Department of Psychiatry, Medical Faculty of Kocaeli University, Kocaeli, Turkey
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 41:868-74. 2006..The objective of the study is to describe the community prevalence of psychiatric disorder, mainly posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) 3 years after a devastating earthquake...
- Is anxiety sensitivity a predictor of PTSD in children and adolescents?Emine Zinnur Kılıç
Department of Child Psychiatry, Medical School, Ankara University, Ankara, Turkey
J Psychosom Res 65:81-6. 2008..This study aimed to investigate AS as a vulnerability factor in the development of childhood posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) following traumatic experiences...