Affiliation: Istanbul University
- Craniocervical artery dissection: diagnosis and follow-up with MR imaging and MR angiographyFazil M Gelal
Radiology Department, Izmir State Hospital, Yesilyurt, Izmir, Turkey
Med Sci Monit 10:MT109-16. 2004....
- Diffusion-weighted and conventional MR imaging in neurotrichinosisF Gelal
Department of Radiology, Izmir Ataturk Education and Research Hospital, Turkey
Acta Radiol 46:196-9. 2005..Sequential evaluation of conventional and diffusion MR data allowed us to conclude that multifocal lesions in the brain were related to multiple infarctions rather than true inflammatory infiltration of the brain parenchyma...
- Giant cavernous angioma of the temporal lobe: a case report and review of the literatureF Gelal
Acta Radiol 46:310-3. 2005....
- Islets of meningioma in an acoustic schwannoma in a patient with neurofibromatosis-2: pathology and magnetic resonance imaging findingsF Gelal
Department of Radiology, Izmir Ataturk Education and Research Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
Acta Radiol 46:519-22. 2005..Review of the literature shows that a typical MRI pattern has not been established for mixed tumors and it seems unlikely that a meningioma component can be differentiated within a schwannoma preoperatively...
- Multifocal skeletal tuberculosis involving the lumbar spine and a sacroiliac joint: MR imaging findingsFazil Gelal
Department of Radiology, Izmir Ataturk Training and Research Hospital, and Department of Orthopedics, Ege University School of Medicine, Izmir, Turkey
Diagn Interv Radiol 12:139-41. 2006..The addition of a coronal SPIR T2-weighted sequence to the routine MR imaging evaluation of patients studied for lumbar disk disease may be useful for recognizing sacroiliac joint pathology at an earlier stage...