Affiliation: Istanbul University
- Cognitive dysfunctions in patients with obsessive-compulsive disorder compared to the patients with schizophrenia patients: relation to overvalued ideasArzu Kitis
Department of Psychiatry, Medical School of Dokuz Eylul University, Izmir, Turkey
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 31:254-61. 2007..The goal of the present study was to compare patients with OCD to those with schizophrenia in terms of cognitive functions and to relate cognition and overvalued ideas in OCD...
- Facial emotion recognition in patients with schizophrenia and their siblingsAlmila Erol
Clinic of Psychiatry, Ataturk Education and Research Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
Nord J Psychiatry 64:63-7. 2010..Deficits in recognition of facial emotions have been widely reported in patients with schizophrenia. Previous studies that examined recognition of facial emotions in relatives of patients with schizophrenia brought out inconsistent results...
- [Association of suicide attempts with childhood traumatic experiences in patients with major depression]Almila Erol
Izmir Atatürk Eğitim ve Araştirma Hastanesi, Izmir
Turk Psikiyatri Derg 24:1-6. 2013..This study explores the influence of childhood traumatic experiences on suicide attempts in patients with major depression...
- Executive functions in patients with familial versus sporadic schizophrenia and their parentsAlmila Erol
Clinic of Psychiatry, Izmir Ataturk Education and Research Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
Neuropsychobiology 66:93-9. 2012..The aim of this study was to investigate the executive functions in patients with sporadic schizophrenia (SS) and familial schizophrenia (FS), and the executive functions in their parents...
- [Predictors of social functioning in schizophrenia]Almila Erol
Izmir Atatürk Eğitim ve Araştirma Hastanesi, Psikiyatri Kl, Izmir
Turk Psikiyatri Derg 20:313-21. 2009..Impaired social functioning is a characteristic feature of schizophrenia. The aim of this study was to determine the factors that predict social functioning in schizophrenia...