Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Istanbul University
- Neurocognitive functions in children and adolescents with subclinical hypothyroidismAyça Törel Ergür
Ufuk University Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pediatric Endocrinology, Ankara, Turkey
J Clin Res Pediatr Endocrinol 4:21-4. 2012..The aim of this study was to evaluate cognitive functions like active/passive attention, maintaining attention, and response inhibition in pediatric patients with SH...
- Paternal X could relate to arithmetic function; study of cognitive function and parental origin of X chromosome in Turner syndromeAyça T Ergür
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Faculty of Medicine, Ankara University, Ankara, Turkey
Pediatr Int 50:172-4. 2008..The aim of the present study was to compare phenotypic characteristics and neurocognitive pattern of 12 monosomic TS girls, according to X-linked imprinting...
- Celiac disease and autoimmune thyroid disease in children with type 1 diabetes mellitus: clinical and HLA-genotyping resultsAyça Törel Ergür
Department of Pediatric Endocrinology, Faculty of Medicine, Ufuk University, Ankara, Turkey
J Clin Res Pediatr Endocrinol 2:151-4. 2010..The aim of this study was to evaluate the clinical findings and HLA typing results in patients with T1D associated with CD or ATD...
- Vitamin D deficiency in Turkish mothers and their neonates and in women of reproductive ageAyça Törel Ergür
Ankara University, School of Medicine, Department of Pediatric Endocrinology, Ankara, Turkey
J Clin Res Pediatr Endocrinol 1:266-9. 2009..Materno-fetal vitamin D deficiency (VDD) may occur in the early neonatal period. We aimed to evaluate the vitamin D (vitD) status and risk factors for VDD in healthy newborns and their mothers, and also in fertile women...
- Evaluation of thyroid functions with respect to iodine status and TRH test in chronic autoimmune thyroiditisAyça Törel Ergür
Ufuk University School of Medicine, Department of Pediatric Endocrinology, Ankara, Turkey
J Clin Res Pediatr Endocrinol 3:18-21. 2011..The objective of this study was to evaluate the thyroid status of children and adolescents with CAT with respect to iodine status and diagnostic values of thyrotropin-releasing hormone (TRH) test...
- Latent autoimmune diabetes mellitus in children (LADC) with autoimmune thyroiditis and Celiac diseaseZehra Aycan
Department of Pediatric Endocrinology, Ankara University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 17:1565-9. 2004..Small intestinal biopsy revealed celiac disease. This patient may represent the first case of latent autoimmune diabetes mellitus in children (LADC) with autoimmune thyroiditis and celiac disease...
- The effect of age and Helicobacter pylori infection on gastric epithelial cell kineticsSahin Coban
Department of Gastroenterology, Diskapi Yildirim Beyazit Education and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Clin Res Hepatol Gastroenterol 35:661-5. 2011..Helicobacter pylori infection is a known risk factor for gastric cancer. The aim of the study was to determine the effect of H. pylori and age on gastric epithelial cell kinetics...
- Mucins in the colorectal neoplastic spectrum with reference to conventional and serrated adenomasSibel Percinel
Department of Pathology, Ankara University, School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 18:230-8. 2007..The aim of this study was to determine expression of MUC1, MUC2, MUC5AC, and MUC6 through conventional adenoma-carcinoma sequence and polyps involved in the "serrated" pathway of the colorectum using tissue array technique...
- Intestinal B cell lymphoma associated with chronic hepatitis C and celiac diseaseSahin Coban
Department of Gastroenterology, Ankara University Medical School, Ankara, Turkey
Dig Dis Sci 50:2359-61. 2005
- An infant with severe refractory Crohn's disease and homozygous MEFV mutation who dramatically responded to colchicineZarife Kuloglu
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology, School of Medicine, Ankara University, Ankara, Turkey
Rheumatol Int 32:783-5. 2012..In cases of CD resistant to medical therapy, possibility of underlying FMF should be considered, especially in countries where FMF is prevalent...
- POEMS syndrome: a case reportAli Ozden
Departments of Gastroenterology School of Medicine, Ankara University, Ankara
Turk J Gastroenterol 19:276-80. 2008..We present a case differing from the other cases with her 2 g/day proteinuria and hypertrophic osteoarthropathy...
- A tale of two cities: typical celiac sprue presenting symptoms are significantly more common in Turkish than in US PatientsMurat Palabykoglu
Department of Gastroenterology, University of Ankara, Ankara, Turkey
J Clin Gastroenterol 42:62-5. 2008..A numerical score was assigned to presenting symptom and signs...
- Focal segmental glomerulosclerosis in association with Gitelman syndromeMevlut Ceri
Department of Nephrology, Ankara Education and Research Hospital, Şafaktepe Mah Hakan sok Acar sitesi B blok No 24 14, Mamak, Ankara, Turkey
Int Urol Nephrol 43:905-7. 2011..Glomerulonephritis associated with GS is rarely documented in the literature. We present an adult patient with GS whose renal biopsy revealed focal segmental glomerulosclerosis...
- Collagenous colitis in a patient with systemic sclerosis: a rare entityFuat Ekiz
Department of Gastroenterology Ankara University Medical School, Ankara, Turkey
J Natl Med Assoc 99:681-2. 2007..We have reviewed the clinical and histopathological features of collagenous colitis with regard to its concomitance with systemic sclerosis...
- Prevalence of celiac disease in healthy Turkish school childrenBuket Dalgic
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Gazi University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Am J Gastroenterol 106:1512-7. 2011..Epidemiological studies of celiac disease (CD) in Turkey have been performed only within some regions of the country. The aim of this study was to determine the prevalence of CD in Turkish school children...
- Celiac disease: presentation of 109 childrenZarife Kuloglu
Dapartment of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Ankara University, School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Yonsei Med J 50:617-23. 2009..The clinical features of patients with celiac disease (CD) are variable. In the present study, clinical and laboratory features of 109 patients with CD were retrospectively evaluated...
- Macro-amylasemia in a patient with selective IgA deficiency and antiphospholipid antibodiesNuran Turkcapar
Department of Clinical Immunology, Ankara University, School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 17:140-3. 2006..It is important that clinicians be aware of their existence in order to avoid unnecessary procedures and that the patient is informed of the macro-amylasemia; moreover, it should be stated in the patient's health record...
- HLA types in Turkish children with celiac diseaseZarife Kuloglu
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Ankara University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Turk J Pediatr 50:515-20. 2008..A positive association was found between HLA B13, CW7 and DR17 in Turkish celiac patients in addition to HLA B8, DR7 and DQ2. This study also suggested that a correlation may exist between genotype and clinical manifestations...
- Ganglioneuromatous polyposis of the colon in a patient with multiple adenomatous polypsMÃ¼yesser SaykÄ± Arslan
Ankara University School of Medicine, Internal Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 23:780-3. 2012..We also discuss the patients reported in the pertinent literature. ..
- A patient with Crohn's disease who presented with thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura/hemolytic uremic syndromeSelman Unverdi
Department of Nephrology, Ankara Education and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Ren Fail 33:244-5. 2011..However, coexistence of TTP/HUS and Crohn's disease in the same patient has not been reported previously. We herein present a case of TTP/HUS who presented with Crohn's disease. He responded to cyclosporine treatment...
- Granular cell tumor of the esophagus: three case reports and review of the literatureSibel Percinel
Department of Pathology, Ankara University, School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 19:184-8. 2008....
- A rapid lateral flow stool antigen immunoassay and (14)C-urea breath test for the diagnosis and eradication of Helicobacter pylori infection in childrenZarife Kuloglu
Pediatric Gastroenterology, School of Medicine, Ankara University, 06100 Ankara, Turkey
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 62:351-6. 2008..14)C-UBT was more reliable than the Rapid HpSA test for the diagnosis and for confirming eradication of Hp infection...
- Inflammatory bowel disease in exclusively breast-fed infantsZarife Kuloglu
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Pediatrics, Ankara University, School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Scand J Gastroenterol 41:1364-7. 2006....
- Hypocomplementemic urticarial vasculitis syndrome in three siblingsZ Birsin Ozcakar
Ankara University School of Medicine, Cebeci, Ankara, Turkey
Rheumatol Int 33:763-6. 2013..The other two had ongoing skin and eye manifestations and the elder one developed lupus. Presence of these three patients is a strong evidence for the role of genetic factors in the pathogenesis of this rare vasculitis...
- An unusual presentation of Tangier disease with gallbladder involvementMehmet Bektas
Department of Gastroenterology, Ankara University, School of Medicine, Tip Fakultesi Hastanesi, 06100 Dikimevi, Ankara, Turkey
Acta Gastroenterol Belg 71:397-400. 2008..The case was diagnosed as rare presentation of Tangier disease with gallbladder involvement in view of the low HDL cholesterol level and systemic lipid deposition...
- Rare case of Alstrom syndrome without obesity and with short stature, diagnosed in adulthoodEyup Koc
Department of Internal Medicine, Ataturk Teaching and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Nephrology (Carlton) 11:81-4. 2006..We report a patient with Alstrom syndrome who had hypergonadotropic hypogonadism, hepatic dysfunction, hepatic steatosis and short stature with normal body weight, all of which are seen infrequently with this syndrome...
- Membranoproliferative glomerulonephritis in a patient with Wilson's diseaseZ Birsin Ozcakar
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Ankara University Medical School, Ankara, Turkey
J Nephrol 19:831-3. 2006..This case is presented to draw attention to the rare association of Wilson's disease and MPGN and to discuss the possible underlying causes...
- Gluten-sensitive enteropathy (celiac disease): controversies in diagnosis and classificationArzu Ensari
Department of Pathology, Ankara University Medical School, Ankara, Turkey
Arch Pathol Lab Med 134:826-36. 2010..Classification of mucosal pathology in gluten-sensitive enteropathy has been a subject of controversy among pathologists and needs to be revised according to the current understanding of the disease...
- Serrated polyps of the colon: how reproducible is their classification?Arzu Ensari
Department of Pathology, Ankara University Medical School, Sihhiye, Ankara, Turkey
Virchows Arch 461:495-504. 2012..977 for HP, 0.912 for SSA/P, and 0.845 for TSA (p < 0.001). The diagnostic reproducibility of SPs improves when strictly defined, standardized diagnostic criteria adopted by consensus are applied...
- The significance of beta-catenin, E-cadherin, and P-cadherin expressions in neoplastic progression of colorectal mucosa: an immunohistochemical studyBerna Savas
Ankara University Medical Faculty, Ankara, Turkey
Acta Gastroenterol Belg 70:339-44. 2007..The purpose of the current study was to investigate the role of beta-catenin, E-cadherin and P-cadherin in colorectal carcinogenesis using tissue array method...
- AA amyloidosis associated with systemic lupus erythematosus: impact on clinical course and outcomeBanu Aktas Yilmaz
Department of Nephrology, Ankara University School of Medicine, Ibni Sina Hospital, Ankara, 06100, Turkey
Rheumatol Int 28:367-70. 2008..Re-evaluation of the excised mitral valve revealed AA amyloid deposition. Post-mortem biopsies from the kidney and bone marrow also revealed secondary amyloidosis...
- A case of systemic lupus erythematosus presenting with protein-losing enteropathyNuran Turkcapar
Department of Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology, School of Medicine, Ankara University, Ankara, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 17:226-30. 2006..In the patients with systemic lupus erythematosus with edema and hypoalbuminemia without renal protein loss, protein-losing enteropathy-associated systemic lupus erythematosus should be kept in mind...
- Cytomegalovirus infection in a patient with Crohn's ileocolitisSahin Coban
Department of Gastroenterology, Ankara University Medical School, Balgat 06540, Ankara, Turkey
Can J Gastroenterol 19:109-11. 2005..In patients with rapidly deteriorating inflammatory bowel disease, cytomegalovirus infection should be kept in mind as one of the differential diagnoses...
- MEFV gene mutations in Henoch-Schönlein purpuraUmut Altug
Department ofPaediatrics, Kirirkkale University Medical School, Ankara, Turkey
Int J Rheum Dis 16:347-51. 2013..In the present study, the mutation rate of the MEFV gene in HSP and its association with the clinical course of the disease were evaluated...
- Intestinal obstruction in celiac disease: case reportSeyfettin Koklu
Department of Gastroenterology, Turkiye Yuksek Ihtisas Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Dig Dis Sci 49:1485-8. 2004
- Immunohistochemical analysis of c-myc, c-jun and estrogen receptor in normal, hyperplastic and neoplastic endometriumSema Bircan
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, University of Ankara, Ankara, Turkey
Pathol Oncol Res 11:32-9. 2005..The association between c-jun and ER appears to be lost in endometrial carcinoma. The relationship between c-myc, c-jun and ER appears to be altered in endometrial carcinoma compared to that of menstrual endometrium...
- An unusual presentation of Helicobacter pylori infection: so-called "Russell body gastritis"Arzu Ensari
Department of Pathology, Medical School, Ankara University, Ankara, Turkey
Virchows Arch 446:463-6. 2005..pylori gastritis. There are only two case reports of similar presentation and both have been called "Russell body gastritis"...
- Clinicopathological and epidemiological analysis of amyloidosis in Turkish patientsCuneyt Ensari
Atatürk Hospital Nephrology and Dialysis Unit, University of Ankara Medical School, Ankara, Turkey
Nephrol Dial Transplant 20:1721-5. 2005..The aim of the present study was to assess the correlation of immunohistochemical subtyping with clinical diagnosis in order to achieve useful epidemiological data regarding amyloidosis in Turkish patients...
- Barrett's esophagus: prevalence and its relationship with dyspeptic symptomsMurat Toruner
Department of Gastroenterology, Ankara University School of Medicine, Ibni Sina Hospital, Sihhiye 06100, Ankara, Turkey
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 19:535-40. 2004....
- Familial Mediterranean fever and membranous glomerulonephritis: report of a caseMevlut Ceri
Department of Nephrology, Ankara Education and Research Hospital, and Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Ankara University, Ankara, Turkey
Ren Fail 32:401-3. 2010..We herein represent a first case of membranous glomerulonephritis who had complete remission with colchicine treatment in the course of familial Mediterranean fever...
- A rare gastric neoplasm: gastric medullary carcinomaMutlu Dogan
Department of Medical Oncology, Cebeci Hospital, and Department of Pathology, Ankara University School of Medicine, 06590, Dikimevi, Ankara, Turkey
Med Oncol 28:945-7. 2011..A 57-year-old female patient with early stage gastric medullary carcinoma is presented with review of the literature...