Affiliation: Istanbul University
- Body position and obstructive sleep apnea syndromeCaglar Cuhadaroglu
Sleep Laboratory, Chest Department, Istanbul School of Medicine, University of Istanbul, Atakoy 11, Kisim, Menekse A, Daire 6, Atskoy, Istanbul, Turkey
Pediatr Pulmonol 36:335-8. 2003..Moreover, upper airway abnormalities were not considered in these studies. The aim of the present study was to evaluate the effect of body position on obstructive respiratory events in children with different upper airway findings...
- Role of Zafirlukast on skin prick testC Cuhadaroglu
Department of Chest, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, University of Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey or
Allergol Immunopathol (Madr) 29:66-8. 2001..But there is no knowledge about zafirlukast effects on skin prick test. We investigate the effects of zafirlukast on cutaneous response to histamine and specific allergens...
- Increased risk of tuberculosis in health care workers: a retrospective survey at a teaching hospital in Istanbul, TurkeyCaglar Cuhadaroglu
Department of Chest Diseases, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, University of Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
BMC Infect Dis 2:14. 2002..This study was designed to assess the incidence of TB in a teaching hospital in Istanbul, Turkey. A retrospective study of health records of HCWs in our hospital from 1991 to 2000...
- Effects of nasal CPAP treatment on insulin resistance, lipid profile, and plasma leptin in sleep apneaCaglar Cuhadaroglu
Department of Chest Diseases, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Gogus Hastaliklari Anabilim Dali, Istanbul, Turkey
Lung 187:75-81. 2009....
- Effect of uvulopalatopharyngoplasty on retropalatal regionHasan Tanyeri
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Faculty of Medicine, Acibadem University, Halit Ziya Usakligil Cad No 1, Bakirkoy, 34140, Istanbul, Turkey
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 270:1161-5. 2013..0 ± 8.2 (p = 0.011). RPSA increases in smUPPP patients postoperatively, evidencing enlarged retropalatal region. Decreased RDI levels indicate amelioration in OSA. RPSA measurements can be used to predict UPPP surgical treatment success...
- Determinants of asthma control in tertiary level in Turkey: a cross-sectional multicenter surveyHaluk Turktas
Gazi University, School of Medicine, Department of Chest Diseases, Ankara, Turkey
J Asthma 47:557-62. 2010..The aim of this study was to evaluate the level of asthma control in tertiary health services by the use of Asthma Control Test (ACT) and to assess the factors which might influence the control of the disease...
- Comparison of conventional continuous positive airway pressure to continuous positive airway pressure titration performed with sleep endoscopySenol Civelek
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Sisli Etfal Research and Education Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Laryngoscope 122:691-5. 2012....
- Endothelial function in patients with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome but without hypertensionHuseyin Oflaz
Department of Cardiology, Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Respiration 73:751-6. 2006..Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (OSAS) influences endothelial function and causes hypertension...
- [The importance of contact tracer in detection of childhood and female TB cases; a retrospective case-control study in Istanbul]Zeki Kilicaslan
Department of Chest Disease, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Tuberk Toraks 54:11-6. 2006..002). Study shows that screening the tuberculosis patients' close contact give us an important numbers of contagious cases. It also seems how to increase the female and child tuberculosis patients diagnosing...
- Sleep apnea in adult myotonic dystrophy patients who have no excessive daytime sleepinessEsen Kiyan
Department of Pulmonary Diseases, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Sleep Breath 14:19-24. 2010..Therefore, we investigated the prevalence of sleep apnea in adult MD patients who have no EDS...
- Rare cause of diffuse lung fibrotic/nodular pattern in an asymptomatic childMustafa Erelel
Pulmonary Department, Istanbul University, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Istanbul, Turkey
Respiration 71:542-5. 2004
- Eustachian tube function in patients receiving continuous positive airway pressure treatment for sleep apnea syndromeFadlullah Aksoy
Department of Otorhinology and Head and Neck Surgery, Haseki Research and Training Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 39:752-6. 2010..we evaluated eustachian tube (ET) function in patients using continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP)...
- Is sexual dysfunction in women with obstructive sleep apnea-hypopnea syndrome associated with the severity of the disease? A pilot studyKadir Onem
Medical Faculty of Istanbul, Urology, Istanbul, Turkey
J Sex Med 5:2600-9. 2008..Obstructive sleep apnea-hypopnea syndrome (OSAHS) may have a significant negative effect on sexual function...
- Occult cardiac dysfunction in patients with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome revealed by tissue Doppler imagingHulya A Kasikcioglu
Siyami Ersek Cardiovascular Surgery Center, Istanbul, Turkey
Int J Cardiol 118:203-5. 2007..Shortly, tissue Doppler imaging may represent an early stage of myocardial abnormality despite a preserved global function...
- Obstructive sleep apnea is common in patients with interstitial lung diseaseAylin Pihtili
Department of Pulmonary Diseases, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, 34 360, Capa, Istanbul, Turkey
Sleep Breath 17:1281-8. 2013....
- Quantification of retropalatal region in obstructive sleep apneaHasan Tanyeri
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Acibadem University, Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
J Craniofac Surg 23:1410-3. 2012..This was a prospective, case-control study. The study was performed at the otolaryngology department of a university hospital...
- [The concordance of manuel (visual) scoring and automatic analysis in sleep staging]Onder Ozturk
Department of Chest Diseases, Faculty of Medicine, Suleyman Demirel University, Isparta, Turkey
Tuberk Toraks 57:306-13. 2009..The differences in recording times and sleep architecture of PSG tests which examed by automatic analysis will affect all other parameters. Thus, we believe that it will make mistakes in the diagnosis and treatment of sleep disorders...
- Evaluation of sleep bruxism by polysomnographic analysis in patients with dental implantsTosun Tosun
Department of Oral Implantology, Faculty of Dentistry, Istanbul University, Turkey
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 18:286-92. 2003..The aims of the present study were to use polysomnographic analysis to confirm sleep bruxism (SB) and to evaluate clinical findings of dental implant treatment in SB patients...
- Aortic elastic properties and left ventricular diastolic dysfunction in patients with obstructive sleep apneaHulya Akhan Kasikcioglu
Siyami Ersek Cardiovascular Surgery Center, Resitpasa caddesi Salkim sokak No 2 5, Avcilar PK 9, 34840 Istanbul, Turkey
Heart Vessels 20:239-44. 2005..43, P = 0.003), using multiple linear regression. Increased aortic stiffness that is associated with the severity of disease in patients with obstructive sleep apnea may lead to diastolic dysfunction of the left ventricle...