Affiliation: Inonu University
- The informed consent status for surgery patients in eastern Turkey: a cross-sectional studyMucahit Egri
Department of Public Health, School of Medicine, Gazi Osman Pasa University, Tokat, Turkey
Indian J Med Ethics 5:26-8. 2008..Patients' educational level and the type of surgery--urgent or elective--were associated with the satisfaction status...
- Association between some educational indicators and dental caries experience of 12-year-old children in developing countries: an ecological approachMucahit Egri
Inonu University, School of Medicine, Department of Public Health, Malatya, Turkey
Community Dent Health 21:227-9. 2004..The aim of this study was to investigate the association between some educational indicators and dental caries experience of 12-year-old children in developing countries...
- Prevalence of goiter and urinary iodine status of 7-11-year-old children in Malatya province, TurkeyMucahit Egri
Department of Public Health, Inonu University Faculty of Medicine, Malatya, Turkey
Turk J Pediatr 48:119-23. 2006..000). In conclusion, the present study reports mild iodine deficiency in the Malatya province, despite a mandatory iodization program in Turkey which has been in force since 1998...
- Physical, emotional and sexual violence during pregnancy in Malatya, TurkeyLeyla Karaoglu
Public Health Department, Medical Faculty, Inonu University, Malatya, Turkey
Eur J Public Health 16:149-56. 2006..This study was performed to determine the prevalence of physical, emotional and sexual violence during pregnancy in Malatya province and the associated factors...
- Iodine deficiency in pregnant women in eastern Turkey (Malatya Province): 7 years after the introduction of mandatory table salt iodizationMucahit Egri
Gaziosmanpasa University, School of Medicine, Department of Public Health, Tokat 60100, Turkey
Public Health Nutr 12:849-52. 2009..The aim of the present study was to evaluate the urinary I excretion of pregnant women in Malatya Province, eastern Turkey...
- Neurofibromatosis type 1: diffusion weighted imaging findings of brainAlpay Alkan
Department of Radiology, Turgut Ozal Medical Center, Inonu University School of Medicine, 44069 Malatya, Turkey
Eur J Radiol 56:229-34. 2005....
- Can the levels of nitric oxide in the urine, serum and tumor tissue be putative markers for bladder cancer?Suleyman Kilic
Department of Urology, Turgut Ozal Medical Center, Inonu University School of Medicine, Malatya, Turkey
Int J Urol 13:1079-85. 2006....
- Risk factors for depression in postnatal first year, in eastern TurkeyTacettin Inandi
Department of Public Health, Ataturk University, School of Medicine, Erzurum, Turkey
Int J Epidemiol 31:1201-7. 2002..In this study our objective was to evaluate women from eastern Turkey in the postnatal one-year period in order to analyse the risk factors for depression...
- AIDS awareness and knowledge among married women living in Malatya (Turkey): implications for province-based prevention programsMetin Genc
Inonu University, Head of Family Medicine Department, Campus Malatya, Turkey
New Microbiol 28:161-4. 2005..These findings show that media based information does not seem to be sufficient. Therefore, it is recommended that health education should be inserted in the school curriculum and health personnel should inform the women...
- The relationship between terrorist activities and cases of malaria in the eastern and south-eastern regions of Turkey, 1984-1998Ilhan Cetin
Gaziosmanpasa University School of Medicine, Department of Public Health, Tokat 60100, Turkey
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 102:255-8. 2008..Based on this analysis, it is determined that the annual number of terrorist incidences has been associated with the annual number of malaria cases in these regions of Turkey since the beginning of terrorist activity in 1984...
- University hospital physicians' attitudes and practices for smoking cessation counseling in Malatya, TurkeyGulsen Gunes
Department of Public Health, Inonu University, Medical School, 44280 Malatya, Turkey
Patient Educ Couns 56:147-53. 2005..The findings showed that smoking cessation counseling was rarely practiced by physicians and physicians' practices differed by their smoking behavior, departments and attitudes towards smoking cessation...
- Spatiotemporal change and ecological modelling of malaria in Turkey by means of geographic information systemsHakan Mete Dogan
Gaziosmanpasa University, Soil Department, Tasliciftlik 60240, Tokat, Turkey
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 104:726-32. 2010..Consequently, the model incidence map established a good background for early warning systems to predict epidemics of malaria following environmental changes...
- The protective effect of erdosteine against ototoxicity induced by cisplatin in ratsM Tayyar Kalcioglu
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Inonu University Medical School, Turgut Ozal Medical Center, 44069, Malatya, Turkey
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 262:856-63. 2005..This study demonstrates that, in rats, erdosteine is protective for cochlear function against the disruptive effects of cisplatin as measured by DPOAEs...
- Women's douching practices and related attitudes in eastern TurkeyEmel Ege
Department of Nursing, Konya School of Health, Selcuk University, Turkey
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 33:353-9. 2007..Therefore, the objective of the present study was to evaluate the status of vaginal douching practices of women in the Malatya province of eastern Turkey...