Affiliation: Harran University
- Determination of basal metabolic rate and body composition with bioelectrical impedance method in children with cerebral palsyCemil Sert
Department of Biophysics, University of Harran School of Medicine, Sanliurfa, Turkey
J Child Neurol 24:237-40. 2009..05). Parameters such as basal metabolic rate, body composition, and body resistance can be determined using the bioelectrical impedance method in children with cerebral palsy...
- An investigation of the heart rate, heart rate variability, cardiac ions, troponin-I and CK-MB in men exposed to 1.5 T constant magnetic fieldsCemil Sert
Department of Biophysics, Harran University, Sanliurfa, Turkey
Gen Physiol Biophys 29:282-7. 2010..Heart rate parameters (minimum HR-I, maximum HR-I, average HR-I) were decreased and rMSSD, pNN50, power, VLF, HF, LF values increased during the magnetic field...
- Intracellular Ca(2+) levels in rat ventricle cells exposed to extremely low frequency magnetic fieldCemil Sert
Department of Biophysics, Medicine Faculty of Harran University, Sanliurfa, Turkey
Electromagn Biol Med 30:14-20. 2011..Electromagnetic fields can affect intracellular Ca(2+) levels. The aim of this study was to determine the changes intracellular Ca(2+) concentration in cardiac ventricle cells of rats exposed to 0.25 mT (2.5 Gauss) magnetic field...
- Change of nitric oxide concentration in men exposed to a 1.5 T constant magnetic fieldOcal Sirmatel
Radiology Department, Faculty of Medicine, Harran University, Sanliurfa, Turkey
Bioelectromagnetics 28:152-4. 2007..The results, related to the parameters measured in this study, were analyzed by one-way ANOVA. Total nitrite concentration in post-magnetic field samples was found to be higher than in pre-magnetic field samples (P < .05)...
- Effects of extremely low frequency electromagnetic fields on hematologic and immunologic parameters in weldersSuleyman Dasdag
Department of Biophysics, Medical School of Dicle University, Diyarbakir, Turkey
Arch Med Res 33:29-32. 2002..Therefore, the aim of the present study is to investigate whether or not extremely low frequency electromagnetic fields (ELF EMF) emitted from electric arc welding affect some hematologic and immunologic parameters of welders...
- The preventive effect on bone loss of 50-Hz, 1-mT electromagnetic field in ovariectomized ratsCemil Sert
Department of Biophysics, Medical School, Harran University, 63300, , Turkey
J Bone Miner Metab 20:345-9. 2002..Our data support the notion that an EMF may prove to be an effective treatment method for osteoporosis and other abnormalities related to bone loss...