Affiliation: Hacettepe University Medical Microbiology
Location: Ankara, Turkey
- Ersöz US D. [Antinuclear antibodies and disease specificity]. Mikrobiyol Bul. 1992;26:379-89 pubmed..were discussed on the basis of their biologic properties, their major role in the diagnosis and monitoring disease activity and response to therapy as well as disease specificity. ..
- Ergunay K, Saygan M, Aydogan S, Lo M, Weidmann M, Dilcher M, et al. Sandfly fever virus activity in central/northern Anatolia, Turkey: first report of Toscana virus infections. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2011;17:575-81 pubmed publisher..Infections are observed to be endemic in central Anatolia and should be considered as aetiologic agents in cases/outbreaks of fever and meningoencephalitis. ..
- Ergunay K, Saygan M, Aydogan S, Litzba N, Sener B, Lederer S, et al. Confirmed exposure to tick-borne encephalitis virus and probable human cases of tick-borne encephalitis in Central/Northern Anatolia, Turkey. Zoonoses Public Health. 2011;58:220-7 pubmed publisher..Probable cases of TBE have also been identified from Central Anatolia. The epidemiology of TBEV activity in Turkey needs to be assessed and benefits of vaccination for general population, risk groups or travellers must be considered. ..
- Ergunay K, Saygan M, Aydogan S, Menemenlioglu D, Turan H, Ozkul A, et al. West Nile virus seroprevalence in blood donors from Central Anatolia, Turkey. Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis. 2010;10:771-5 pubmed publisher..This study is the first to document WNV exposure in individuals from Konya, Yozgat, and Sivas provinces in Central Anatolia, and it also establishes viral activity in Ankara, the capital of Turkey. ..
- Us D. [Cytokine storm in avian influenza]. Mikrobiyol Bul. 2008;42:365-80 pubmed..In this review article, the immunopathogenesis of influenza infection and the mechanisms of cytokine storm caused by influenza A/H5N1 viruses have been discussed under the light of recent literature. ..
- Balaban Y, Batman F, Us D, Hascelik G, Bayraktar Y. Serum hepatocyte growth factor in autoimmune and hepatitis B-associated liver diseases. Indian J Gastroenterol. 2007;26:192-3 pubmed
- Ozdağ D, Us D, Demirezen S, Beksac S. [Investigation of Chlamydia trachomatis positivity in women with and without gynecologic complaints by cytologic and direct immunofluorescence methods]. Mikrobiyol Bul. 2007;41:51-61 pubmed..The use of DFA method together with the widely used, practical and economical cytologic examination method, would increase the sensitivity and specificity of C. trachomatis diagnosis. ..
- Balaban Y, Sumer H, Simsek H, Us D, Tatar G. Metabolic syndrome, non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH), and hepatocyte growth factor (HGF). Ann Hepatol. 2006;5:109-14 pubmed..Serum HGF levels were higher in NASH patients than in the controls, although it was statistically insignificant and a correlation with MS could not be detected in this study. ..
- Us D, Ustacelebi S. [Detection of BK virus activation in renal and bone marrow transplantation patients using serological and virological methods]. Mikrobiyol Bul. 1992;26:214-23 pubmed..Only one patient's urine sediment whom serologic reactivation was detected, contained uroepithelial cells with intranuclear inclusion bodies characteristic for BK virus when examined by Giemsa staining. ..
- Us D, Hascelik G, Diker S, Ustacelebi S. Cytotoxin production by Campylobacter jejuni isolated from Turkish patients with diarrhoea. J Diarrhoeal Dis Res. 1995;13:130-1 pubmed
- Arikan S, Tuncer S, Us D, Unal S, Ustacelebi S. Anti-Kp 90 IgA antibodies in the diagnosis of active tuberculosis. Chest. 1998;114:1253-7 pubmed....
- Us D, Hascelik G. Seroprevalence of Helicobacter pylori infection in an Asymptomatic Turkish population. J Infect. 1998;37:148-50 pubmed..pylori in our population. The high prevalence and early acquisition of H. pylori infection may be related in part to socioeconomic status and traditional living conditions in Turkey. ..
- Ayturan S, Aydogan S, Ergunay K, Ozcebe O, Us D. [Investigation of West Nile virus seroprevalence in Hacettepe University Hospital blood donors and confirmation of the positive results by plaque reduction neutralization test]. Mikrobiyol Bul. 2011;45:113-24 pubmed..The data of this study indicated that the prevalence of WNV infections, although low in our region, deserves attention to be considered in surveillance and control programs related to WNV in Turkey. ..
- Ozdemir B, Ozcan G, Karaduman B, Teoman A, Ayhan E, Ozer N, et al. Lactoferrin in Gingival Crevicular Fluid and Peripheral Blood during Experimental Gingivitis. Eur J Dent. 2009;3:16-23 pubmed..05). LF-BL followed the same pattern with LF-GCF and clinical scores during the experimental gingivitis and recovery periods, although alterations of the LF-BL appeared statistically insignificant. ..
- Ergunay K, Altinbas A, Calik Başaran N, Unal S, Us D, Karabulut E, et al. [Investigation of anti-R7V antibodies in HIV-infected patients under highly active antiretroviral therapy]. Mikrobiyol Bul. 2008;42:413-9 pubmed..Clinical impact of anti-R7V antibody assays for the management of HIV-infected patients will be revealed in the near future with the help of advanced studies. ..
- Tezer H, Secmeer G, Kara A, Ceyhan M, Cengiz A, Devrim I, et al. Cytomegalovirus hepatitis and ganciclovir treatment in immunocompetent children. Turk J Pediatr. 2008;50:228-34 pubmed..Although ganciclovir seems to be effective in progressive CMV hepatitis, multicenter randomized studies in a large study group are necessar to determine the efficacy and indications for ganciclovir treatment. ..
- Gurses N, Kalayci A, Islek I, Us D. Failure of acyclovir sodium therapy in herpes simplex encephalitis. Ann Trop Paediatr. 1996;16:173-5 pubmed..We report a case of encephalitis in a previously normal host who died after a 13-day course of acyclovir therapy with isolation of HSV-type 1 from the brain post mortem. ..
- Anlar B, Pinar A, Yaşar Anlar F, Engin D, Ustacelebi S, Kocagoz T, et al. Viral studies in the cerebrospinal fluid in subacute sclerosing panencephalitis. J Infect. 2002;44:176-80 pubmed..The persistence or reactivation of MV in SSPE may be related to other factors pertaining to the host or environment. ..
- Ergunay K, Ozer N, Us D, Ozkul A, Simsek F, Kaynas S, et al. Seroprevalence of West Nile virus and tick-borne encephalitis virus in southeastern Turkey: first evidence for tick-borne encephalitis virus infections. Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis. 2007;7:157-61 pubmed..These results suggest the presence of possible human WNV and TBEV infections in southeastern Turkey where vector activity have previously been detected. ..
- Altiparmak U, Ozer P, Ozkuyumcu C, Us A, Aslan B, Duman S. Postoperative endophthalmitis caused by Bacillus cereus and Chlamydia trachomatis. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2007;33:1284-7 pubmed..Phthisis bulbi developed in the 2 other patients. The course of infection with B cereus and C trachomatis poses a potential threat, especially because of the limited data on treatment of endophthalmitis secondary to C trachomatis. ..
- Us D. [Herpes simplex virus vaccine studies: from past to present]. Mikrobiyol Bul. 2006;40:413-33 pubmed....
- Balaban Y, Us D, Hascelik G, Bayraktar Y. Hepatocellular carcinoma and cholangiocarcinoma are associated with high serum levels of hepatocyte growth factor. Indian J Gastroenterol. 2006;25:223-4 pubmed
- Ergin A, Kocagoz T, Us D. Evaluation of 120 mycobacterial strains isolated from clinical specimens to the species level by polymerase chain reaction-restriction enzyme analysis. Scand J Infect Dis. 2000;32:657-62 pubmed..AIDS and pulmonary carcinoma were the other underlying diseases detected. ..
- Inci Fisenk B, Us D, Ozcebe O, Hascelik G. The value of increased neopterin levels in reducing transfusion-transmitted virus infections: detection of a donation from a HBsAg positive chronic carrier by screening of neopterin in Turkish blood donors. Scand J Infect Dis. 2005;37:599-604 pubmed....
- Pinar A, Oc M, Akyon Y, Farsak B, Kocyildirim E, Us D, et al. [The presence of Chlamydophila pneumoniae, Helicobacter pylori and cytomegalovirus in human atherosclerosis detected by molecular and serological methods]. Mikrobiyol Bul. 2004;38:213-22 pubmed..pneumoniae and H. pylori DNA in a considerable number of lesion and non-lesion groups' specimens, but absence in control group specimens supports the hypothesis that these agents have an association with atherosclerosis. ..
- Kiratli H, Gedik S, Us D, Bilgic S. Serum melatonin levels following enucleation and transpupillary thermotherapy in patients with choroidal melanoma. Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2003;31:505-8 pubmed..Smaller tumours were associated with more elevated melatonin levels compared to larger tumours. Serum melatonin levels fell considerably following enucleation and transpupillary thermotherapy. ..
- Us D, Gulmez D, Hascelik G. [Cyclic citrullinated peptide antibodies (anti-CCP) together with some other parameters used for serologic diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis]. Mikrobiyol Bul. 2003;37:163-70 pubmed....
- Alp A, Us D, Hascelik G. [Comparison of manual and automated (MagNA Pure) nucleic acid isolation methods in molecular diagnosis of HIV infections]. Mikrobiyol Bul. 2004;38:77-83 pubmed..In conclusion, the automatized MagNA Pure system was found to be a reliable, rapid and practical method for the isolation of HIV-RNA. ..
- Ergunay K, Aydogan S, Menemenlioglu D, Sener B, Lederer S, Steinhagen K, et al. [Investigation of West Nile virus in central nervous system infections of unknown etiology in Ankara, Turkey]. Mikrobiyol Bul. 2010;44:255-62 pubmed..In conclusion, in order to fully understand the impact of WNV and/or other flavivirus infections in Turkey, epidemiology and ecological features of these agents need to established. ..
- Us D, Hayran M, Ustacelebi S. [New human polyomavirus; BK virus antibody levels in different age groups using the hemagglutination inhibition test]. Mikrobiyol Bul. 1991;25:173-7 pubmed..Our results indicate that antibody to BK virus infections are remarkably frequent in our population and acquisition of BK virus appeared to be common in childhood. ..
- Gocmen A, Cetinkaya F, Ustacelebi S, Us D. The role of viruses and Mycoplasma pneumoniae in lower respiratory tract infections in childhood. Turk J Pediatr. 1992;34:71-8 pubmed..The test was positive in 39 of 83 patients (47%), and RSV was the most frequent agent detected serologically (15.7%). ..
- Ergunay K, Saygan M, Aydogan S, Litzba N, Niedrig M, Pinar A, et al. [Investigation of dengue virus and yellow fever virus seropositivities in blood donors from Central/Northern Anatolia, Turkey]. Mikrobiyol Bul. 2010;44:415-24 pubmed..These findings indicated that DENV or an antigenically-similar flavivirus was probably present in the study region and sporadic human exposure might have occurred. ..