Affiliation: Hacettepe University
- Molecularly designed water soluble, intelligent, nanosize polymeric carriersErhan Piskin
Chemical Engineering Department, TUBITAK Centre of Excellence, Hacettepe University, BIYOMUH, Ankara, Turkey
Int J Pharm 277:105-18. 2004..This paper summarizes some of our related studies in which NIPA and its copolymers were synthesized and used as intelligent carriers in diverse applications...
- Stimuli-responsive polymers in gene deliveryErhan Piskin
Hacettepe University, Chemical Engineering Department, Bioengineering Division, Beytepe, Ankara, Turkey
Expert Rev Med Devices 2:501-9. 2005..Through the use of stimuli-responsive polymers as novel vectors for gene delivery, two benefits can be obtained: high gene expression efficiency and more selective gene expression...
- Novel metal-chelate affinity adsorbent for purification of immunoglobulin-G from human plasmaAdil Denizli
Department of Chemistry, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 795:93-103. 2003..7%. The metal-chelate affinity beads allowed one-step separation of HIgG from human plasma. The adsorption-desorption cycle was repeated 10 times using the same beads without noticeable loss in their HIgG adsorption capacity...
- Imaging of poly(NIPA-co-MAH)-HIgG conjugate with scanning tunneling microscopyCengiz Kocum
Department of Chemical Engineering, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
J Biomater Sci Polym Ed 15:1513-20. 2004..5 V sample bias and a tunneling current of 10-20 pA, which clearly demonstrated the formation of conjugates...
- Monosize polycationic nanoparticles as non-viral vectors for gene transfer to HeLa cellsGüldem Utkan Güven
Chemical Engineering Department and Bioengineering Division, Hacettepe University, and Biyomedtek, Beytepe, Ankara, Turkey
J Tissue Eng Regen Med 2:155-63. 2008..The GFP expression efficiency was unexpectedly high (up to 90%)...
- BHK cell attachment and growth on EDA-plasma-modified poly(L-lactide/epsilon-caprolactone) biodegradable filmsO Aylin Gürpinar
Hacettepe University, Faculty of Science, Department of Biology, Beytepe, 06532 Ankara, Turkey
J Biomater Sci Polym Ed 14:589-600. 2003..There was no attachment in the first 12 h. Glow-discharge treatment increased significantly the attachment and growth. Pre-wetting with ethanol and cell culture medium was also increase significantly both the attachment and growth...
- Biochips: focusing on surfaces and surface modificationErhan Piskin
Hacettepe University Center of Bioengineering and Bioengineering Division, and TUBITAK Center of Excellence BIYOMUH, Beytepe, Ankara, Turkey
Adv Exp Med Biol 553:149-66. 2004
- In vitro transfection of HeLa cells with temperature sensitive polycationic copolymersMustafa Turk
Bioengineering Division, Chemical Engineering Department, and TUBITAK Center of Excellence BIYOMUH, Hacettepe University, Beytepe, Ankara 06530, Turkey
J Control Release 96:325-40. 2004..The best in vitro DNA uptake efficiency (70%) was achieved with the complex prepared with poly(NIPA)/PEI25B. However, poly(NIPA)/PEI25L was the most successful vector for an effective gene expression without any significant toxicity...
- Poly(N-isopropylacrylamide) layers on silicon wafers as smart DNA-sensor platformsGokhan Demirel
Department of Chemical Engineering and Division of Bioengineering, Hacettepe University, and Biyomedtek, Beytepe, 06800 Ankara, Turkey
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 9:1865-71. 2009..These preliminary studies demonstrated that this approach can be used switch off and on the surface reactions on smart surface by using an external stimulus (temperature in this case)...
- Cryogelation for preparation of novel biodegradable tissue-engineering scaffoldsNimet Bölgen
Hacettepe University, Chemical Engineering Department and Bioengineering Division, Beytepe, Ankara, Turkey
J Biomater Sci Polym Ed 18:1165-79. 2007..Their swelling abilities, compressive strengths and degradation in buffer solutions were found to be related with their structural properties which was controlled by changing the cryogelation recipe...
- HIgG detection by histidine carrying AFM tips (cantilevers)M Oya Cinar
Baskent University, Ankara, Turkey
Artif Cells Blood Substit Immobil Biotechnol 36:340-51. 2008..We were able to measure HIgG concentration in aqueous media down to 0.055 pmol/micro l (8 mg/dl) concentration with this AFM based novel immunosensor...
- Three-dimensional ingrowth of bone cells within biodegradable cryogel scaffolds in bioreactors at different regimesNimet Bölgen
Bioengineering Division, Chemical Engineering Department, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
Tissue Eng Part A 14:1743-50. 2008..Dynamic conditions (perfusion and/or compression) greatly improved cell ingrowth and extracellular matrix (ECM) synthesis. Alkaline phosphatase activity results confirmed the positive effect of dynamic conditions on bone cells...