Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Hacettepe University
- Gluten-sensitive enteropathy (celiac disease): controversies in diagnosis and classificationArzu Ensari
Department of Pathology, Ankara University Medical School, Ankara, Turkey
Arch Pathol Lab Med 134:826-36. 2010..Classification of mucosal pathology in gluten-sensitive enteropathy has been a subject of controversy among pathologists and needs to be revised according to the current understanding of the disease...
- Mucins in the colorectal neoplastic spectrum with reference to conventional and serrated adenomasSibel Percinel
Department of Pathology, Ankara University, School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 18:230-8. 2007..The aim of this study was to determine expression of MUC1, MUC2, MUC5AC, and MUC6 through conventional adenoma-carcinoma sequence and polyps involved in the "serrated" pathway of the colorectum using tissue array technique...
- Gastric carcinoid tumor in a 14-year old girlCeyda Tuna Kirsaçlioğlu
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Gastroenterology, School of Medicine, Ankara University, Ankara, Turkey
Scand J Gastroenterol 49:1391-3. 2014..Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy revealed a gastric polyp, and biopsies were compatible with GCT...
- Ganglioneuromatous polyposis of the colon in a patient with multiple adenomatous polypsMüyesser Sayki Arslan
Ankara University School of Medicine, Internal Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 23:780-3. 2012..We also discuss the patients reported in the pertinent literature. ..
- Prevalence of celiac disease in healthy Turkish school childrenBuket Dalgic
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Gazi University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Am J Gastroenterol 106:1512-7. 2011..Epidemiological studies of celiac disease (CD) in Turkey have been performed only within some regions of the country. The aim of this study was to determine the prevalence of CD in Turkish school children...
- Celiac disease and autoimmune thyroid disease in children with type 1 diabetes mellitus: clinical and HLA-genotyping resultsAyça Törel Ergür
Department of Pediatric Endocrinology, Faculty of Medicine, Ufuk University, Ankara, Turkey
J Clin Res Pediatr Endocrinol 2:151-4. 2010..The aim of this study was to evaluate the clinical findings and HLA typing results in patients with T1D associated with CD or ATD...
- Granular cell tumor of the esophagus: three case reports and review of the literatureSibel Percinel
Department of Pathology, Ankara University, School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 19:184-8. 2008....
- Celiac disease: presentation of 109 childrenZarife Kuloglu
Dapartment of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Ankara University, School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Yonsei Med J 50:617-23. 2009..The clinical features of patients with celiac disease (CD) are variable. In the present study, clinical and laboratory features of 109 patients with CD were retrospectively evaluated...
- Atypical manifestation of LRBA deficiency with predominant IBD-like phenotypeNina Kathrin Serwas
CeMM Research Center for Molecular Medicine of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, Vienna, Austria Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Ankara University, Ankara, Turkey Center for Chronic Immunodeficiency, University Medical Center Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Akdeniz University, Antalya, Turkey Konya Training and Research Hospital, Konya, Turkey Department of Pathology, Ankara University, Ankara, Turkey and Department of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Inflamm Bowel Dis 21:40-7. 2015....
- De novo amyloidosis in a renal transplant patientSongül Yılmaz
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Ankara University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Pediatr Transplant 18:E259-61. 2014..Although rare, chronic infections might cause de novo amyloidosis in renal transplant patients. Therefore, amyloidosis should be kept in mind in those types of patients who present with proteinuria. ..
- MEFV gene mutations in Henoch-Schönlein purpuraUmut Altug
Department ofPaediatrics, Kirirkkale University Medical School, Ankara, Turkey
Int J Rheum Dis 16:347-51. 2013..In the present study, the mutation rate of the MEFV gene in HSP and its association with the clinical course of the disease were evaluated...
- Serrated polyps of the colon: how reproducible is their classification?Arzu Ensari
Department of Pathology, Ankara University Medical School, Sihhiye, Ankara, Turkey
Virchows Arch 461:495-504. 2012..977 for HP, 0.912 for SSA/P, and 0.845 for TSA (p < 0.001). The diagnostic reproducibility of SPs improves when strictly defined, standardized diagnostic criteria adopted by consensus are applied...
- An unusual presentation of Tangier disease with gallbladder involvementMehmet Bektas
Department of Gastroenterology, Ankara University, School of Medicine, Tip Fakultesi Hastanesi, 06100 Dikimevi, Ankara, Turkey
Acta Gastroenterol Belg 71:397-400. 2008..The case was diagnosed as rare presentation of Tangier disease with gallbladder involvement in view of the low HDL cholesterol level and systemic lipid deposition...
- An infant with severe refractory Crohn's disease and homozygous MEFV mutation who dramatically responded to colchicineZarife Kuloglu
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology, School of Medicine, Ankara University, Ankara, Turkey
Rheumatol Int 32:783-5. 2012..In cases of CD resistant to medical therapy, possibility of underlying FMF should be considered, especially in countries where FMF is prevalent...
- HLA types in Turkish children with celiac diseaseZarife Kuloglu
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Ankara University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Turk J Pediatr 50:515-20. 2008..A positive association was found between HLA B13, CW7 and DR17 in Turkish celiac patients in addition to HLA B8, DR7 and DQ2. This study also suggested that a correlation may exist between genotype and clinical manifestations...
- Macro-amylasemia in a patient with selective IgA deficiency and antiphospholipid antibodiesNuran Turkcapar
Department of Clinical Immunology, Ankara University, School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 17:140-3. 2006..It is important that clinicians be aware of their existence in order to avoid unnecessary procedures and that the patient is informed of the macro-amylasemia; moreover, it should be stated in the patient's health record...
- A rare cause of congenital diarrhea in a Turkish newborn: tufting enteropathyDilek Kahvecioglu
Division of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, Ankara University, Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Turk J Pediatr 56:440-3. 2014..To the best of our knowledge, the newborn case presented here is the first one reported from Turkey. As TE is a very rare disease, it should be considered in patients with continuing diarrhea beginning in the first days of life. ..
- Hypocomplementemic urticarial vasculitis syndrome in three siblingsZ Birsin Ozcakar
Ankara University School of Medicine, Cebeci, Ankara, Turkey
Rheumatol Int 33:763-6. 2013..The other two had ongoing skin and eye manifestations and the elder one developed lupus. Presence of these three patients is a strong evidence for the role of genetic factors in the pathogenesis of this rare vasculitis...
- The effect of age and Helicobacter pylori infection on gastric epithelial cell kineticsSahin Coban
Department of Gastroenterology, Diskapi Yildirim Beyazit Education and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Clin Res Hepatol Gastroenterol 35:661-5. 2011..Helicobacter pylori infection is a known risk factor for gastric cancer. The aim of the study was to determine the effect of H. pylori and age on gastric epithelial cell kinetics...
- A rare gastric neoplasm: gastric medullary carcinomaMutlu Dogan
Department of Medical Oncology, Cebeci Hospital, and Department of Pathology, Ankara University School of Medicine, 06590, Dikimevi, Ankara, Turkey
Med Oncol 28:945-7. 2011..A 57-year-old female patient with early stage gastric medullary carcinoma is presented with review of the literature...
- The significance of beta-catenin, E-cadherin, and P-cadherin expressions in neoplastic progression of colorectal mucosa: an immunohistochemical studyBerna Savas
Ankara University Medical Faculty, Ankara, Turkey
Acta Gastroenterol Belg 70:339-44. 2007..The purpose of the current study was to investigate the role of beta-catenin, E-cadherin and P-cadherin in colorectal carcinogenesis using tissue array method...
- A tale of two cities: typical celiac sprue presenting symptoms are significantly more common in Turkish than in US PatientsMurat Palabykoglu
Department of Gastroenterology, University of Ankara, Ankara, Turkey
J Clin Gastroenterol 42:62-5. 2008..A numerical score was assigned to presenting symptom and signs...