Mine Durusu Tanriover
Affiliation: Hacettepe University
- Systemic glucocorticoid and anti-tuberculosis therapy in a patient with coexisting tuberculosis and anthracosisSeda Tutluer
Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey Department of Internal Medicine
Sarcoidosis Vasc Diffuse Lung Dis 30:308-11. 2013..Conclusions: Glucocorticoid therapy may raise some concerns in patients with TB. Here, we present a case with anthracosis and coexistent TB, who responded very well to simultaneous anti-TB and glucocorticoid therapy. ..
- Use of probiotics in various diseases: evidence and promisesMine D Tanriover
Department of Internal Medicine, Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, Sihhiye, Ankara, Turkey
Pol Arch Med Wewn 122:72-7. 2012..However, probiotics represent a very exciting and promising area of research due to the ever-increasing antibiotic resistance rates and the ability of some probiotics to modify the course of diseases...
- Extremely high parathyroid hormone concentrations associated with pityriasis rubra pilaris and monoclonal gammopathy of unknown significance: a clinical dilemmaMine Durusu Tanriover
Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Bone 51:847-50. 2012..The extremely high PTH concentrations were not only due to assay interference, but also secondary hyperparathyroidism, which was evident by the decrease in PTH concentrations with calcium and vitamin D treatments...
- Evaluation of the effects of vitamin D receptor and estrogen receptor 1 gene polymorphisms on bone mineral density in postmenopausal womenMine Durusu Tanriover
Department of Internal Medicine, Section of General Internal Medicine, Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, and Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology, Gazi Mustafa Kemal Public Hospital, 06100, Sihhiye, Ankara, Turkey
Clin Rheumatol 29:1285-93. 2010..A predominance of Bb genotype of the VDR gene was evident in this group of postmenopausal Turkish women. Moreover, the combined genotype AaBb conferred a five times increased risk for osteoporosis when corrected for clinical variables...
- Galactomannan on the stage: prospective evaluation of the applicability in routine practice and surveillanceMine Durusu Tanriover
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
Mycoses 53:16-25. 2010..5. The yield of GM testing may be influenced by many variables and each centre should evaluate the usefulness of this test in its own conditions...
- An unusual complication: prolonged myopathy due to an alternative medical therapy with heat and massageMine Durusu Tanriover
Department of Internal Medicine, Section of General Internal Medicine, Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
South Med J 102:966-8. 2009..Alternative therapies may have serious complications, and patients usually do not report them unless asked specifically...
- Hip fractures in a developing country: osteoporosis frequency, predisposing factors and treatment costsMine Durusu Tanriover
Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Section of General Internal Medicine, 06100, Sihhiye, Ankara, Turkey
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 50:e13-8. 2010..The mean hospital expenditure was $5983. Factors affecting the total cost were age and functional status of the patient and the duration of hospital stay, independent of the type of fracture and surgical procedure used...
- Pregnancy- and lactation-associated osteoporosis with severe vertebral deformities: can strontium ranelate be a new alternative for the treatment?Mine Durusu Tanriover
Department of Medicine, Section of General Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Hacettepe University, Sihhiye, Ankara, Turkey
Spine J 9:e20-4. 2009..Pregnancy- and lactation-associated osteoporosis is an uncommon condition that may be a consequence of preexisting low bone density, loss of bone mineral content during pregnancy, and increased bone turnover...
- Epidemiology and outcome of sepsis in a tertiary-care hospital in a developing countryM D Tanriover
Hacettepe University School of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Epidemiol Infect 134:315-22. 2006..In conclusion, Gram-negative bacteria remain the major pathogens in sepsis. The mortality remains very high, and a change in the clinical approach to the septic patient should be employed to improve the outcome...
- Comparison of the effect of closed versus open endotracheal suction systems on the development of ventilator-associated pneumoniaA Topeli
Medical Intensive Care Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Hacettepe University, Ankara 06100, Turkey
J Hosp Infect 58:14-9. 2004....
- Stressful life events, anxiety, depression and coping mechanisms in patients with Behçet's diseaseR Karlidag
Inonu University Medical Faculty, Turgut Ozal Medical Center, Research Hospital, Malatya, Turkey
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 17:670-5. 2003..Although many studies have been published since its discovery in 1937, the etiopathogenesis of this unique disorder is still unclear...
- Seroprevalence of Helicobacter pylori infection among children and their parents in eastern TurkeyE Yilmaz
Department of Pediatrics and Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, Firat University, Elazig, Turkey
J Paediatr Child Health 38:183-6. 2002..To determine the seroprevalence of Helicobacter pylori infection among healthy children in eastern Turkey, to assess risk factors for seroconversion, and to assess the role of parental infection status in the transmission of H. pylori...
- The organization of hospital infection control in TurkeyH Leblebicioglu
Department of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology, Ondokuz Mayis University, Medical School, Samsun, Turkey
J Hosp Infect 51:1-6. 2002..Also, incidence and prevalence of hospital infections and antimicrobial resistance in Turkey are reported...