Affiliation: Gulhane Military Medical Academy
- Effects of tamoxifen on the serum leptin level in patients with breast cancerA Ozet
Department of Medical Oncology, Gulhane School of Medicine, Etlik, Ankara, Turkey
Jpn J Clin Oncol 31:424-7. 2001..Only a few studies have investigated the relation between plasma leptin and risk of breast cancer and only one study evaluated the effect of tamoxifen on leptin levels in patients with breast cancer...
- Bilateral male breast cancer and prostate cancer: a case reportA Ozet
Gulhane Military Academy, Department of Medical Oncology and BMT Center, Ankara, Turkey
Jpn J Clin Oncol 30:188-90. 2000..Sporadic male breast cancers with another primary tumor are extremely rare. We report a 67-year-old male with asynchronous bilateral breast cancer and prostate cancer without familial breast cancer history...
- Recurrent spontaneous pneumothorax following high-dose chemotherapy in a patient with non-seminomatous testicular cancer with pulmonary metastasesA Ozet
Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Department of Medical Oncology and BMT Center, Etlik, Ankara, Turkey
Tumori 86:253-5. 2000..We present a rare case of recurrent spontaneous pneumothorax due to rupture of residual cystic lesions after high-dose chemotherapy in a patient with pulmonary metastases. Such a situation has been rarely reported...
- Colon cancer during pregnancy. A case reportS Komurcu
Department of Medical Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplantation Center, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, 06018 Etlik, Ankara, Turkey
J Reprod Med 46:75-8. 2001..The reported incidence of cancer during pregnancy is between 0.07% and 0.1%. The incidence of colorectal carcinoma in pregnancy was 1 per 13,000 liveborn deliveries during 1981-1989...
- A successful and simplified filgrastim primed single apheresis method without large volume apheresis for peripheral blood stem cell collectionF Arpaci
Department of Medical Oncology, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Ankara, Turkey
Jpn J Clin Oncol 30:153-8. 2000..We studied whether rapid and complete engraftment could be achieved by single apheresis by using only Filgrastim without large volume apheresis in previously treated patients...
- Outcome of patients with stage II and III nonseminomatous germ cell tumors: results of a single centerS Ataergin
Gulhane Faculty of Medicine, Department of Medical Oncology, Ankara, Turkey
Indian J Cancer 44:6-11. 2007..The prognostic factors in nonseminomatous germ cell tumors have been mainly derived from the analysis of stage I tumors...
- Tissue leptin levels in patients with breast cancerM Karaduman
Department of Internal Medicine, Etimesgut Military Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
J BUON 15:369-72. 2010..In the present study, the relationship between tissue leptin levels and breast cancer was evaluated...
- Changes in immunological recovery in patients who received post-transplant G-CSF or GM-CSF after autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation (PBSCT)F Arpaci
Gulhane School of Medicine BMT Center, Etlik Ankara, Turkey
Haematologia (Budap) 32:253-64. 2002..The possible role of haematopoietic growth factor on immune recovery and its clinical importance should be investigated in further studies...
- The relationship between disease features and quality of life in patients with cancer--IV Isikhan
Hacettepe University School of Social Work, Ankara, Turkey
Cancer Nurs 24:490-5. 2001..The results of this study underline the significant effect of psychosocial care programs on quality of life. In the future, assessments of quality of life can help healthcare personnel to prepare psychosocial care programs...
- Oxidative stress in patients undergoing high-dose chemotherapy plus peripheral blood stem cell transplantationT Cetin
Department of Hematology, Gulhane School of Medicine, Etlik-Ankara, Turkey
Biol Trace Elem Res 97:237-47. 2004..05). High-dose chemotherapy gives rise to an increase in the oxidative stress and the reactive oxygen species. Standard parenteral nutrition protocols were found to be insufficient to lower this stress...
- Primary non-Hodgkin's lymphoma of the liver (case report)A Ozet
Department of Medical Oncology, , Ankara, Turkey
Tumori 86:492-4. 2000..The histologic feature of the disease is a predominantly large cell lymphoma of B-cell lineage. We report a case of primary B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma which had diffusely infiltrated the liver without nodule formation...
- National survey of hemapheresis practice in Turkey (1998)O Ilhan
Department of Hematology, Ankara University Medical School, Hemapheresis Unit, Sihhiye 06100, Ankara, Turkey
Transfus Sci 22:195-201. 2000..According to these data we are planning prospective trials and will establish National Standards of Practice...
- Vanishing bile duct syndrome occurring after high-dose chemotherapy and autologous peripheral stem cell transplantation in a patient with Hodgkin's diseaseS Komurcu
Ann Hematol 81:57-8. 2002