Affiliation: Gazi University
- Determination of the expression of lymphocyte surface markers and cytokine levels in a mouse model of Plasmodium bergheiFunda Dogruman-Al
Gazi University Faculty of Medicine, Department of Medical Microbiology, Besevler, Ankara, Turkey
New Microbiol 32:285-91. 2009..Thus, interventions to increase the Th1 lymphocyte response may be beneficial in the prevention of malarial infection...
- [Is Blastocystis hominis an opportunist agent?]Funda Doğruman Al
Gazi Universitesi Tip Fakultesi, Tibbi Mikrobiyoloji Anabilim Dali, Ankara, Turkey
Turkiye Parazitol Derg 31:28-36. 2007..Isolates resembling B. hominis have been described in a variety of mammals, birds, reptiles, and even insects. The significance of this human infection is uncertain...
- [The role of protozoan parasites in etiology of urticaria]Funda Dogruman Al
Gazi Universitesi Tip Fakultesi, Mikrobiyoloji ve Klinik Mikrobiyoloji, Ankara, Turkiye, Turkey
Turkiye Parazitol Derg 33:136-9. 2009..As a conclusion, protozoans should be considered in the etiology of chronic urticaria and stool examination should be done in these patients routinely...
- Blastocystis subtypes in irritable bowel syndrome and inflammatory bowel disease in Ankara, TurkeyFunda Dogruman-Al
Department of Microbiology and Clinical Microbiology, Gazi University School of Medicine, Besevler, Ankara, Turkey
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 104:724-7. 2009..The subtypes of Blastocystis that are commonly found in rodents and certain wild birds were not found in these patients. We suggest a model in which the severity of enteric protozoan infection may be mediated by host factors...
- Comparison of methods for detection of Blastocystis infection in routinely submitted stool samples, and also in IBS/IBD Patients in Ankara, TurkeyFunda Dogruman-Al
Department of Medical Microbiology, Gazi University School of Medicine, Besevler, Ankara, Turkey
PLoS ONE 5:e15484. 2010..This study compared diagnostic methods for identifying Blastocystis in stool samples, and evaluated the frequency of detection of Blastocystis in patients with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)...
- PCR-based subtyping of Blastocystis isolates from symptomatic and asymptomatic individuals in a major hospital in Ankara, TurkeyFunda Dogruman-Al
Department of Medical Microbiology, Gazi University Faculty of Medicine, Besevler, Ankara, Turkey
Parasitol Res 106:263-8. 2009..There were mixed infections with STs 1 and 2 or STs 1 and 3 in nine isolates. There was no statistical significance of the distribution of Blastocystis sp. subtypes between symptomatic and asymptomatic individuals (p > 0.05)...
- A possible link between subtype 2 and asymptomatic infections of Blastocystis hominisFunda Dogruman-Al
Department of Medical Microbiology, Gazi University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Parasitol Res 103:685-9. 2008..The present study suggests that subtype 2 is a non-pathogenic genotype of B. hominis...
- Oxidative stress and tryptophan degradation pattern of acute Toxoplasma gondii infection in miceAyse Basak Engin
Department of Toxicology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Gazi University, 06330 Hipodrom, Ankara, Turkey
Parasitol Res 111:1725-30. 2012..These results suggested that Trp degradation might be promoted by a pathway other than IDO during T. gondii infection and the reduction of Trp concentration favors the local immunosuppression and systemic tolerance...
- Cytokine profile in murine toxoplasmosisFunda Dogruman-Al
D1Gazi University Faculty of Medicine, Department of Microbiology and Clinical Microbiology, 06500, Besevler, Ankara, Turkey
Asian Pac J Trop Med 4:16-9. 2011..To investigate which cytokines are produced after acute infection of mice with Toxoplasma gondii (T. Gondii) RH strain...
- [Determination of anti-echinococcus IgG antibodies by ELISA in patients with suspected hydatid cyst]Merve Aydin
Erzincan Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi, Tibbi Mikrobiyoloji Anabilim Dali, Erzincan, Turkiye
Turkiye Parazitol Derg 36:61-4. 2012....
- Hepatitis B virus and hepatitis C virus seroprevalence in the elderly living in nursing homesIsl Maral
Department of Public Health, daggerDepartment of Microbiology and Clinical Microbiology, Besevler, Gazi University Medical Faculty and Department of Public Health, Baskent University Medical Faculty, Besevler, Ankara, Turkey
J Investig Med 57:717-9. 2009..The aim of this study was to determine the seroprevalence of hepatitis B virus and HCV in the elderly living in 2 nursing homes in Ankara, Turkey...
- Toxocara seroprevalence in adults with bronchial asthmaSemra Kustimur
Department of Medical Microbiology, Gazi University Medical Faculty, 06500 Besevler, Ankara, Turkey
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 101:270-4. 2007..There was a statistically significant difference when the control group subjects were compared to the patients with atopic asthma (P<0.05)...