Affiliation: Firat University
- Aktas M. A survey of ixodid tick species and molecular identification of tick-borne pathogens. Vet Parasitol. 2014;200:276-83 pubmed publisher..crassa, A. phagocytophilum and E. canis. The sequencing indicated that Anaplasma/Ehrlichia spp. was 100% identical to the sequence of Ehrlichia sp. Firat 2 and 3 previously identified from Hyalomma anatolicum. ..
- Ozubek S, Aktas M. Molecular evidence of a new Babesia sp. in goats. Vet Parasitol. 2017;233:1-8 pubmed publisher..The survey indicated a high prevalence of piroplasms in small ruminants (21.5%). Of those detected, T. ovis was the most prevalent (17%), followed by Babesia sp. (3.5%), and B. ovis (2%). ..
- Aktas M, Dumanli N, Angin M. Cattle infestation by Hyalomma ticks and prevalence of Theileria in Hyalomma species in the east of Turkey. Vet Parasitol. 2004;119:1-8 pubmed..detritum, respectively. In H.a. anatolicum collected from shelters, the above rates were 11.8 and 17.6 in male and female ticks, respectively. The prevalence and intensity of Theileria infection was greater in female ticks than in males...
- Aktas M, Altay K, Dumanli N, Kalkan A. Molecular detection and identification of Ehrlichia and Anaplasma species in ixodid ticks. Parasitol Res. 2009;104:1243-8 pubmed publisher..The remaining two sequences detected in R. sanguineus were similar to that of the gene of Anaplasma ovis. The study presented here provides preliminary data regarding the presence of rickettsial pathogens in ticks in Turkey...
- Aktas M, Ozubek S. A survey of canine haemoprotozoan parasites from Turkey, including molecular evidence of an unnamed Babesia. Comp Immunol Microbiol Infect Dis. 2017;52:36-42 pubmed publisher..was detected in five (2.3%, CI 0.7-5.2) samples and of H. canis and B. vogeli in two (0.9%, CI 0.1-3.2) dogs. The study contributes insight into the distribution and phylogenetic diversity of canine piroplasms in Turkey. ..
- Aktas M, Ozubek S. A molecular survey of small ruminant hemotropic mycoplasmosis in Turkey, including first laboratory confirmed clinical cases caused by Mycoplasma ovis. Vet Microbiol. 2017;208:217-222 pubmed publisher..05) in the healthy sample. This is the first report of M. wenyonii in sheep. M. ovis should be considered in differential diagnosis in cases of high fever and anorexia in pastured sheep and goats. ..
- Aktas M, Ã–zÃ¼bek S. Outbreak of anaplasmosis associated with novel genetic variants of Anaplasma marginale in a dairy cattle. Comp Immunol Microbiol Infect Dis. 2017;54:20-26 pubmed publisher..The MSP4 sequence analyses showed high genetic diversity among the isolates, presenting 97.6-99.6% homology at the amino acid level. The sequences of MSP1a amplicons revealed genetic diversity providing three new tandem repeats. ..
- Aktas M, Altay K, Dumanli N. PCR-based detection of Theileria ovis in Rhipicephalus bursa adult ticks. Vet Parasitol. 2006;140:259-63 pubmed..The resulting sequences were identical to the nucleotide sequence of the Turkish sheep strain of T. ovis. These results showed that R. bursa might play an important role in the field as a natural vector of T. ovis...