Haluk R Unalp
Affiliation: Faculty of Medicine
- Urgent abdominal re-explorationsHaluk Recai Unalp
General Surgeon, Department of General Surgery, 4th General Surgery Clinic, Izmir Ataturk Training and Research Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
World J Emerg Surg 1:10. 2006..The possibility of efficiently lowering these high rates depends on the success of the first operations that the patient had received...
- Does near total thyroidectomy offer advantage over total thyroidectomy in terms of postoperative hypocalcemia?Haluk Recai Unalp
Ataturk Training and Research Hospital, General Surgery Clinic, Izmir, Turkey
Int J Surg 7:120-5. 2009..5-219.6) higher risk than NTT for moderate and severe percentage decreases in serum calcium level, respectively. NTT can offer an advantage over TT in terms of postoperative hypocalcemia in the patients with benign multinodular goiter...
- [Prognostic factors for hospital mortality in patients with acute mesenteric ischemia who undergo intestinal resection due to necrosis]Haluk Recai Unalp
Department of 4th General Surgery, Ataturk Training and Research Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
Ulus Travma Acil Cerrahi Derg 16:63-70. 2010..The purpose of this study was to review our experience in patients with acute mesenteric ischemia (AMI) and to identify prognostic factors associated with hospital mortality...
- Fournier's gangrene: evaluation of 68 patients and analysis of prognostic variablesH R Unalp
General Surgery Clinic, Ataturk Training and Research Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
J Postgrad Med 54:102-5. 2008..Fournier's gangrene (FG) is a rapidly progressing acute gangrenous infection of the anorectal and urogenital area...
- Analysis of risk factors affecting the development of seromas following breast cancer surgeries: seromas following breast cancer surgeriesHaluk Recai Unalp
Ataturk Training and Educational Hospital, 4th Surgery Clinic, Izmir, Turkey
Breast J 13:588-92. 2007..Thus, we do not recommend terminating the drainage before flow rate at 48 hours is seen and daily drainage is lower than acceptable limit...
- Lower recurrence rate for Limberg vs. V-Y flap for pilonidal sinusHaluk R Unalp
4th General Surgery Clinic, Ataturk Training and Research Hospital, Yesilyurt, Izmir, Turkey
Dis Colon Rectum 50:1436-44. 2007..This study was designed to compare the outcomes of Limberg fasciocutaneous transposition and V-Y fasciocutaneous advancement flaps in the treatment of patients with pilonidal sinus...
- Prosthetic repair of incarcerated inguinal hernias: is it a reliable method?Hayrullah Derici
3rd General Surgery Clinic, Ataturk Training and Research Hospital, 156 sok No 5 13 Bornova, Izmir, Turkey
Langenbecks Arch Surg 395:575-9. 2010..The objective of this study is to compare the outcomes of incarcerated inguinal hernia repair with or without graft...
- Rupture of liver hydatid cysts into the peritoneal cavity. A challenge in endemic regionsHaluk R Unalp
The 4th General Surgery Clinic, Izmir, Turkey
Saudi Med J 31:37-42. 2010..To evaluate the clinical presentation and early and long-term outcomes of patients treated surgically for intraperitoneal ruptured liver hydatid cysts...
- Axillary lymph node metastasis from serous ovarian cancer: a case report and review of the literatureCetin Aydin
Gynecology and Obstetric Clinic, Ataturk Training and Research Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
Arch Gynecol Obstet 279:203-7. 2009..Renal and cerebral metastases of ovarian cancer have been previously reported, but axillary lymph node metastasis is quite rare. Axillary lymph node metastasis usually occurs in the advanced stage...
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumours: outcomes of surgical management and analysis of prognostic variablesHaluk R Unalp
Izmir Ataturk Training and Research Hospital, Department of the fourth Surgical Clinics, Izmir, Turkey
Can J Surg 52:31-8. 2009..We sought to review the clinical presentation and outcomes of surgical management of gastrointestinal stromal tumours (GISTs)...
- Early prediction of hypocalcemia after thyroidectomy by parathormone measurement in surgical site irrigation fluidErdinc Kamer
Ataturk Training and Research Hospital, General Surgery Clinic, Basinsitesi, Izmir, Turkey
Int J Surg 7:466-71. 2009..Improvements in surgical technique cannot eliminate the risk of hypocalcemia. We aimed to evaluate the accuracy of PTH levels in surgical site irrigation fluid (irPTH) in predicting patients at risk for postoperative hypocalcemia...
- Analysis of early relaparotomy after lower gastrointestinal system surgeryHaluk Recai Unalp
Ataturk Training and Research Hospital, 4th Surgery Clinic, Izmir, Turkey
Surg Today 38:323-8. 2008..To evaluate the complications after lower gastrointestinal system (GIS) operations, and to investigate the reasons for and outcomes of relaparotomy (RL), and the factors influencing its mortality rate...
- [Thick-needle vacuum-assisted biopsy technique for inflammatory breast carcinoma diagnosis]Erdinc Kamer
Department of General Surgery, Izmir Ataturk Training and Research Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
Acta Cir Bras 21:422-4. 2006..Clinical suspicion of the disease followed by histopathological observation of occluded dermal lympthatics by tumor emboli leads to definitive diagnosis of IBC...
- Preventive effect of pentoxifylline on acute radiation damage via antioxidant and anti-inflammatory pathwaysGülçin Hepgül
Istanbul Medical Faculty, Department of General Surgery, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Dig Dis Sci 55:617-25. 2010..The aim of the present study was to investigate whether pentoxifylline (PTX) treatment could protect against induced acute radiation enteritis...
- Asymptomatic occult cysto-biliary communication without bile into cavity of the liver hydatid cyst: a pitfall in conservative surgeryHaluk Recai Unalp
Izmir Ataturk Training and Research Hospital, 4th General Surgery Clinic, Basinsitesi, Izmir, Turkey
Int J Surg 7:387-91. 2009..We aimed to identify the factors which are associated with the risk of occult insidious cysto-biliary communications in patients preoperatively who developed biliary leakage after surgery...
- Early diagnosis and prediction of severity in acute pancreatitis using the urine trypsinogen-2 dipstick test: a prospective studyErdinc Kamer
Department of Surgery, Izmir Ataturk Training and Research Hospital, 1834 sk No 9 4 35530 Karsiyaka Izmir, Turkey
World J Gastroenterol 13:6208-12. 2007..To evaluate the use of the trypsinogen-2 dipstick (Actim Pancreatitis) test for early diagnosis and prediction of severity in acute pancreatitis (AP)...