Affiliation: Faculty of Medicine
- Investigation of the possible protective role of gallic acid on paraoxanase and arylesterase activities in livers of rats with acute alcohol intoxicationKazim Kartkaya
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Biochemistry, Osmangazi University, Eskisehir, Turkey
Cell Biochem Funct 31:208-13. 2013..We observed that gallic acid ameliorates the liver damage caused by excessive alcohol consumption in a dose-dependent way. Our results in this study showed that gallic acid might have a protective effect against alcoholic liver disease...
- Curative effect of crude exopolysaccharides of some macrofungi on alcohol-induced liver damageMustafa Uyanoglu
Eskisehir Osmangazi University, Science and Arts Faculty, Department of Biology, Eskisehir, Turkey
Ultrastruct Pathol 37:218-26. 2013....
- Effects of polysaccharide from fruiting bodies of Agaricus bisporus, Agaricus brasiliensis, and Phellinus linteus on alcoholic liver injuryMustafa Uyanoglu
Department of Biology, Science and Arts Faculty, Eskisehir Osmangazi University, Eskisehir, Turkey
Int J Food Sci Nutr 65:482-8. 2014..On the basis of our data, it can be argued that crude PSs from Agaricus brasiliensis have therapeutic potential for alcoholic liver injury...
- Preventive role of gallic acid on alcohol dependent and cysteine protease-mediated pancreas injuryGungor Kanbak
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Osmangazi University, Eskisehir 26480, Turkey
Mol Biol Rep 39:10249-55. 2012..Preventive effect of gallic acid might be dose-dependent...
- Effect of kefir and low-dose aspirin on arterial blood pressure measurements and renal apoptosis in unhypertensive rats with 4 weeks salt dietGungor Kanbak
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine
Clin Exp Hypertens 36:1-8. 2014..But not caspase pathway may be involved in the present HS diet induced apoptosis. In conclusion, kefir and low-dose aspirin used independently protect renal function and renal damage induced by HS diet in rats...
- The neuroprotective effect of acute moderate alcohol consumption on caspase-3 mediated neuroapoptosis in traumatic brain injury: the role of lysosomal cathepsin L and nitric oxideGungor Kanbak
Eskisehir Osmangazi University, The Medical School, Department of Biochemistry, Turkey
Gene 512:492-5. 2013..Protective effects of moderate ethanol consumption might be related to inhibition of lysosomal protease release and nitric oxide production...