Affiliation: Faculty of Medicine
- Can Helicobacter pylori cause inflammation in the middle ear?Abdullah Aycicek
Department of Otolaryngology, Faculty of Medicine, Afyon Kocatepe University, Afyon, Turkey
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 76:1087-90. 2012..To investigate whether Helicobacter pylori causes inflammation in the normal middle ear and in the middle ear with effusion...
- Laryngeal melanosis: a case report and review of the literatureAbdullah Aycicek
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Afyon Kocatepe University, Afyonkarahisar, Turkey
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 265:1281-4. 2008..In the point of management, we have to be aware of the risks of laryngeal melanosis, such as developing neoplasm, and monitor the patients closely by periodical examinations and biopsies and advise the patients to stop smoking...
- Can Rh antigens be a risk factor in noise-induced hearing loss?Abdullah Aycicek
AKU ANS Araştirma Hastanesi, Pembe Hastane, KBB Anabilim Dali, Afyonkarahisar, Turkey
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 266:363-6. 2009..05), whereas no statistically significant difference was determined between the NIHL and ABO blood groups. In conclusion, we suggest that the people with Rh-positive blood group are more prone to develop NIHL...
- Mitral valve prolapse as a new finding in branchio-oto-renal syndromeAbdullah Aycicek
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, School of Medicine, Afyon Kocatepe University, Afyonkarahisar, Turkey
Clin Dysmorphol 19:181-4. 2010..8%), lacrimal duct anomaly in two (28.5%) and orbital anterior compartment anomaly in one (14.2%). We conclude that mitral valve prolapse can be associated with BOR syndrome. Further large studies are needed to clarify this association...
- A neck mass with brachial plexus injury: Pott's diseaseAbdullah Aycicek
Department of Ear, Nose, and Throat, Faculty of Medicine, Afyon Kocatepe University, Afyon, Turkey
Am J Otolaryngol 30:350-2. 2009..The patient had a paraspinal abscess under the sternocleidomastoid muscle that was compressing the brachial plexus...
- The effects of caspofungin and voriconazole in an experimental fungal infection of the ear due to AspergillusAbdullah Aycicek
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, School of Medicine, University of Afyon Kocatepe, Afyonkarahisar, Turkey
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 266:1703-9. 2009..05). Caspofungin and voriconazole were demonstrated at least as effective as amphotericin B and itraconazole. We suggest that caspofungin and voriconazole may be considered for the treatment of fungal infection of the ear...
- Ear protrusion after tympanoplasty and the use of mastoid dressingErdogan Okur
Department of Otolaryngology, Medical Faculty of Afyon Kocatepe University, 03200 Afyonkarahisar, Turkey
Kulak Burun Bogaz Ihtis Derg 24:74-7. 2014..This study aims to assess possible wound complications of tympanoplasty and tympanomastoidectomy with or without postoperative mastoid dressing...
- Facial paralysis and mediastinitis due to odontogenic infection and poor prognosisAbdülkadir Bucak
From the Departments of Otolaryngology, Anesthesiology and Reanimation, and Thoracic Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Afyon Kocatepe University, Afyonkarahisar, Turkey
J Craniofac Surg 24:1953-6. 2013..We aimed to attract attention to the importance of dental pathologies and increased mortality in a healthy patient. ..
- Aerobic and anaerobic exercise capacities in obstructive sleep apnea and associations with subcutaneous fat distributionsKagan Ucok
A K U Tip Fakultesi, Pembe Hastane, Fizyoloji AD, Konya Caddesi Karayollari Kavsagi, 03040 Afyonkarahisar, Turkey
Lung 187:29-36. 2009..We think that upper-body subcutaneous fat might be suitable for determining the physical fitness of patients with OSAS...
- Association of Chiari I malformation and cerebellar ectopia with sensorineural hearing lossAlpay Haktanir
Department of Radiology, Afyon Kocatepe University, Afyonkarahisar, Turkey
J Craniofac Surg 24:1153-5. 2013..These patients should also be evaluated for otologic disturbances. Further high-resolution magnetic resonance imaging studies to explain the exact cause of this currently unknown association seems required. ..
- Neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio as a novel-potential marker for predicting prognosis of Bell palsyAbdülkadir Bucak
Department of Otolaryngology, Afyon Kocatepe University, Faculty of Medicine, Afyonkarahisar, Turkey
Laryngoscope 124:1678-81. 2014..Our goal was to investigate the relationship between Bell palsy and inflammation by using NLR...
- Increased levels of mean platelet volume: a possible relationship with idiopathic sudden hearing lossSahin Ulu
Department of Otolaryngology, Faculty of Medicine, Afyon Kocatepe University, 03200, Afyonkarahisar, Turkey
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 270:2875-8. 2013..001), (p = 0.003), respectively. Our findings indicate that, ISHL appears to be characterized by ischaemic or thrombotic events. Considering the increased MPV levels; MPV may be used to evaluate ISHL as an hepler indicator. ..
- Neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio as a new, quick, and reliable indicator for predicting diagnosis and prognosis of idiopathic sudden sensorineural hearing lossSahin Ulu
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, and Department of Internal Medicine, Afyon Kocatepe University, Faculty of Medicine, Afyonkarahisar, Turkey
Otol Neurotol 34:1400-4. 2013..Neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio (NLR) is a new and quick inflammatory marker, which is being measured routinely in CBC tests without any cost. We aimed to investigate the relationship between ISSNHL and inflammation by using NLR...
- Laryngeal fracture due to blunt trauma presenting with pneumothorax and pneumomediastinumAdnan Narci
Departments of Pediatric Surgery and Otorhinolaryngology, Afyon Kocatepe University Medical Faculty, Afyon, Turkey
ORL J Otorhinolaryngol Relat Spec 73:246-8. 2011..Here we present a laryngeal fracture in a child after a blunt chest trauma during a traffic accident that presented with pneumomediastinum and pneumothorax...
- The effect of retinyl palmitate on healing of benign vocal fold lesionsErdogan Okur
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, School of Medicine, Afyon Kocatepe University, ANS Arastirma ve Uygulama Hastanesi KBB Klinigi, İzmir yolu 7 km, 03200, Afyonkarahisar, Turkey
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 270:239-42. 2013..On the other hand, whether Vit A is effective on mature and immature lesions of vocal folds at higher doses and/or longer duration of treatment or not requires further studies...
- Pleomorphic adenoma of the tracheaOkan Solak
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Medical School of Afyon Kocatepe University, Afyon, Turkey
Gen Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 60:843-6. 2012..Through a collar incision and partial sternotomy, 3 cm segment of the trachea was resected and end-to-end anastomosis was performed...
- Combined medical and surgical therapy improves olfaction in patients with nasal polyposisAbdullah Aycicek
Department of Otolaryngology, Afyon Kocatepe University, Afyonkarahisar, Turkey
ORL J Otorhinolaryngol Relat Spec 74:110-5. 2012..The aim of the present study was to evaluate the outcomes of combined oral steroid, nasal steroid and surgical therapy in patients with impaired olfaction due to nasal polyposis...
- Incidence of auditory neuropathy among the deaf school studentsKürşat Duman
Afyon Kocatepe University, School of Medicine, Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Afyonkarahisar, Turkey
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 72:1091-5. 2008..We aimed to determine the incidence of auditory neuropathy (AN) among the deaf school students that have severe hearing loss...
- The prognostic importance of trauma scoring systems in pediatric patientsAdnan Narci
Department of Pediatric Surgery, School of Medicine, Afyon Kocatepe University, Cocuk Cerrahisi AD, 03200, Afyon, Turkey
Pediatr Surg Int 25:25-30. 2009..Traumas are among important causes of morbidity and mortality in the pediatric group. Our aim was to evaluate the predicting effects of general trauma scores on mortality and morbidity rates...
- The prevalence of obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome in ankylosing spondylitis patientsOzlem Solak
1Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Afyon Kocatepe University, School of Medicine, Afyonkarahisar, Turkey
Rheumatology (Oxford) 48:433-5. 2009..To assess the prevalence of obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome (OSAS) in AS patients...
- Diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis and central cord syndrome after minor trauma: a case reportOlcay Eser
Department of Neurosurgery, Afyon Kocatepe University Faculty of Medicine, Afyonkarahisar, Turkey
Ulus Travma Acil Cerrahi Derg 19:73-6. 2013..We present a case report of central cord syndrome in a patient with DISH after minor trauma. The patient was treated surgically. We also discuss symptomatology and the common mechanism of cord injury in DISH...
- Paralysis of cranial nerve and striking prognosis of cervical necrotizing fasciitisSahin Ulu
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Afyon Kocatepe University Faculty of Medicine, Afyonkarahisar, Turkey
J Craniofac Surg 23:1812-4. 2012..We aimed to attract attention to the importance of dental pathologies and early diagnosis...
- Variations of supraorbital foramina in living subjects evaluated with multidetector computed tomographyNurten Turhan-Haktanir
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Kocatepe University School of Medicine, Afyonkarahisar, Turkey
Head Neck 30:1211-5. 2008..We aimed to evaluate the anatomic variations of supraorbital foramina/notches in living subjects using multidetector CT (MDCT) related to age, sex, and side...
- Expression of cyclooxygenase-1 and 2 in chronic tonsillitisFatma Husniye Dilek
Department of Pathology and Ear, Nose, Kocatepe University, School of Medicine, Afyonkarahisar, Turkey
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 53:451-4. 2010..In addition, their expression in adult patients is compared with that in child patients...
- Oncocytic lipoadenoma of the parotid gland: a case report with fine needle aspiration cytology findingsCigdem Tokyol
Department of Pathology, Medicine Faculty of Afyon Kocatepe University, Afyonkarahisar, Turkey
Kulak Burun Bogaz Ihtis Derg 20:146-9. 2010..At six-month follow-up no evidence of recurrence has been noted. Oncocytic lipoadenoma should be considered in the differential diagnosis of oncocytic proliferations and oncocytic tumors in the parotid gland...
- [Hearing aid use and patient satisfaction]Orhan Kemal Kahveci
Department of Otolaryngology, Medicine Faculty of Afyon Kocatepe University, Afyonkarahisar, Turkey
Kulak Burun Bogaz Ihtis Derg 21:117-21. 2011..In this study, we assessed the hearing aid usage ratios and durations, patient satisfaction and the probable causes of disuse if they are not used...