Affiliation: Ege University
- Quantitative immunohistochemical analysis of nitric oxide synthases and apoptosis regulator proteins in the fetal rat brain following maternal uterine artery ligationAysegul Uysal
Department of Histology and Embryology, Ege University, Faculty of Medicine, Izmir, Turkey
Int J Neurosci 118:891-901. 2008..Bcl-2 expression was significantly decreased in ventricular zone; whereas cortical zone of IUGR group expressed p53 immunoreactivity...
- Constructive effect of exogenous melatonin against osteoporosis after ovariectomy in ratsSerap Uslu
Department of Histology and Embryology, Ege University School of Medicine, TR 35100 Izmir, Turkey
Anal Quant Cytol Histol 29:317-25. 2007..To analyze histomorphometric, densitometric and biochemical effects of melatonin on osteoporosis in ovariectomized rats...
- Resveratrol attenuates doxorubicin-induced cellular damage by modulating nitric oxide and apoptosisGulperi Oktem
Ege University Medical Faculty, Department of Histology and Embryology, TR 35100 Izmir, Turkey
Exp Toxicol Pathol 64:471-9. 2012..Our data indicate that RES may prevent cellular damage in the early phase of DOX induced toxicity. RES could be used with its beneficial effects during early cellular damage in organ toxicity after DOX treatment in cancer patients...
- Changes in vascularity of cartilage endplate of degenerated intervertebral discs in response to melatonin administration in ratsMehmet Turgut
Department of Neurosurgery, Faculty of Medicine, Adnan Menderes University, Aydin, Turkey
Neurosurg Rev 26:133-8. 2003..Further studies are needed to characterize fully the relevance of our findings for the treatment of disorders such as postmenopausal osteoporosis...
- Alterations of brain tissue in fetal rats exposed to nicotine in utero: possible involvement of nitric oxide and catecholaminesAytul Onal
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Ege University, Bornova, Izmir 35100, Turkey
Neurotoxicol Teratol 26:103-12. 2004..In conclusion, maternal nicotine exposure may lead to structural abnormalities of the fetal brain tissue and may result in decreased levels of NO and increased levels of catecholamines and their metabolites...