Affiliation: Ege University
- Association between anti-endomysial antibody and total intestinal villous atrophy in children with coeliac diseaseF Ozgenc
Department of Paediatrics, Ege University, Faculty of Medicine, Izmir, Turkey
J Postgrad Med 49:21-4; discussion 24. 2003..There is growing evidence to suggest that detection of anti-gliadin antibody (AGA) and anti-endomysial antibody (EmA) can serve as sensitive markers of the degree of histological abnormalities in patients with coeliac disease...
- Comparison of antiviral effect of lamivudine with interferon-alpha2a versus -alpha2b in children with chronic hepatitis B infectionFunda Ozgenc
Ege University, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Turkey
Antivir Ther 9:23-6. 2004..To compare additive efficacy of combination therapy including interferon (IFN)-alpha2a+lamivudine (3TC) to IFN-alpha2b+3TC in children with chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection...
- Regenerative nodule mimicking hepatocellular carcinoma in a cirrhotic child due to hepatitis B: an imaging dilemmaFunda Ozgenc
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Ege University, School of Medicine, Bornova, Izmir, Turkey
Pediatr Transplant 8:198-200. 2004..False negative results from screening methods are familiar in the literature; however false positivity of a contrast CT study is rare. The significance of screening methods is discussed...
- Effect of long-term lamivudine in chronic hepatitis B virus-infected childrenFunda Ozgenc
Department of Paediatrics, Division of Paediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Ege University, Turkey
Antivir Ther 9:729-32. 2004..To evaluate, retrospectively, biochemical, serological and histological responses in chronic hepatitis B (CHB)-infected children who received combination therapy and continued with prolonged treatment with lamivudine (3TC)...
- Hepatocellular carcinoma in children and effect of living-donor liver transplantation on outcomeC Arikan
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Ege University School of Medicine, Izmir, Turkey
Pediatr Transplant 10:42-7. 2006..OLT is a life-saving procedure for children with chronic liver disease accompanying with HCC. Living-donor OLT avoids the risk of tumor progression and transplant ineligibility in these children...
- Outcome of pediatric liver transplant recipients in Turkey: single center experienceS Aydogdu
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Gastroenterology, Ege University School of Medicine, Izmir, Turkey
Pediatr Transplant 9:723-8. 2005..Despite technical and medical progress, infectious and biliary problems have continued to be an important cause of mortality in these patients...
- Immune status and autoantibody formation in children with chronic hepatitis B infectionF Unal
Department of Pediatric Immunology and Pediatric Gastroenterology, Ege University Faculty of Medicine, Izmir, Turkey
Panminerva Med 44:353-7. 2002..The abnormalities observed in immunological parameters may reflect the role of the cellular and humoral immune system in pathogenesis...
- Comparison of sequence analysis and INNO-LiPA HBV DR line probe assay in patients with chronic hepatitis BR Y Sertoz
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Ege University Medical Faculty, Turkey
J Chemother 17:514-20. 2005..LiPA allows determination of mixed variants and seems to be more sensitive and simple for routine testing even though sequence analysis is still the gold standard for detecting new variants...
- Transient fetal myelosuppressive effect of D-penicillamine when used in pregnancyM Yalaz
Neonatology Division, Department of Pediatrics, Ege University Faculty of Medicine, Bornova, Izmir, Turkey
Minerva Pediatr 55:625-8. 2003..The baby showed neutropenia and leucopenia for 5 days and resolving without any further therapy. Intrauterine D-penicillamine was suspected to cause transient neonatal myelosuppression...