U S Akarca
Affiliation: Ege University
- Interferon-lamivudine combination is no better than lamivudine alone in anti-HBe-positive chronic hepatitis BUlus Salih Akarca
Division of Gastroenterology, Ege University Faculty of Medicine, Izmir, Turkey
Antivir Ther 9:325-34. 2004..This study aimed to evaluate the efficacy of interferon plus lamivudine use versus single lamivudine in anti-HBe-positive chronic hepatitis B...
- Gastrointestinal effects of selective and non-selective non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugsU S Akarca
Division of Gastroenterology, Ege University, School of Medicine, Izmir, Turkey
Curr Pharm Des 11:1779-93. 2005..Patients with risk factors or those developing gastrointestinal complications during the course of NSAID treatment can be treated with COX-2 selective inhibitors if necessary...
- TT virus infection and genotype distribution in blood donors and a group of patients from TurkeyS Erensoy
Dept of Microbiology and Clinical Microbiology, Medical Faculty, Ege University, Bornova, 35100 Izmir, Turkey
Infection 30:299-302. 2002..We aimed to determine the genotypes of TTV isolates found in blood donors and different patient groups from the western part of Turkey...
- Comparison of sequence analysis and INNO-LiPA HBV DR line probe assay in patients with chronic hepatitis BR Y Sertoz
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Ege University Medical Faculty, Turkey
J Chemother 17:514-20. 2005..LiPA allows determination of mixed variants and seems to be more sensitive and simple for routine testing even though sequence analysis is still the gold standard for detecting new variants...
- Functional dyspepsia: relationship between clinical subgroups and Helicobacter pylori status in Western TurkeyM Saruc
Eppley Cancer Research Institute, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE, USA
Braz J Med Biol Res 36:747-51. 2003..The serum levels of TNF-alpha and gastrin did not reveal any difference between groups. Our findings show a poor association of Hp with the ML subgroup of functional dyspepsia, but a stronger association with the UL and C subgroups...
- The safety of pegylated interferon alpha-2b in the treatment of chronic hepatitis B: predictive factors for dose reduction and treatment discontinuationM van Zonneveld
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 21:1163-71. 2005..Treatment with interferon-alpha has been shown to be effective in one-third of hepatitis B e antigen-positive chronic hepatitis B patients, but is clinically associated with relevant adverse events...
- Severe toxic hepatitis associated with amoxycillin and clavulanic acidG Ersoz
Department of Gastroenterology, Ege University Medical School, Bornova, 35100 Izmir, Turkey
J Clin Pharm Ther 26:225-9. 2001..One of the cases had cholestatic features primarily, and the other had hepatocellular injury prominently. The first case had also findings of trombotic trombositic purpura and had a fatal course...
- Nitroimidazole-induced chronic hepatitisG Ersoz
Ege University Medical School, Department of Gastroenterology, Izmir, Turkey
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 13:963-6. 2001..There is no reported case with chronic hepatitis secondary to nitroimidazole use. We report a patient who developed nitroimidazole-induced chronic hepatitis following acute exacerbation of hepatitis three times after nitroimidazole use...