Affiliation: Ege University
- Induced abortion and effecting factors of ever married women in the Southeast Anatolian Project Region, Turkey: a cross sectional studyAli Ihsan Bozkurt
Department of Public Health, Faculty of Medicine, Pamukkale University, Denizli, Turkey
BMC Public Health 4:65. 2004..As it is one of the most important health problems of the women living in this region; induced abortion was also investigated in this project...
- Production of monoclonal antibodies against a 19-kD recombinant Plasmodium vivax MSP1 for detection of P. vivax malaria in TurkeyM Ak
Department of Parasitology, Ege Univ Med Fac, Bornova, Izmir, Turkey
Hybrid Hybridomics 23:133-6. 2004..The monoclonal antibodies will be used to study the epidemiology of P. vivax in patients with malaria in Turkey, and to develop better strategies for early diagnosis and treatment of the disease in our population...
- The distribution of the intestinal parasitic diseases in the Southeast Anatolian (GAP=SEAP) region of TurkeyMucide Ak
Department of Parasitology, Ege University Medical Faculty, Bornova Izmir, Turkey
Parasitol Res 99:146-52. 2006....
- The prevalence of intestinal parasites in the province of Izmir, TurkeyHande Dagci
Department of Parasitology, Ege University School of Medicine, Izmir, Turkey
Parasitol Res 103:839-45. 2008..The results demonstrated a correlation between the intestinal parasites and environmental conditions in our study group. We further plan to expand the study group to cover all regions of Turkey...
- Cyclosporiasis associated with diarrhoea in an immunocompetent patient in TurkeyMeral Turk
Department of Microbiology, State Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
J Med Microbiol 53:255-7. 2004..The patient was treated with trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole (160/800 mg) b.i.d. for 7 days. This report is the first example of autochthonous cyclosporiasis in an immunocompetent patient in Turkey...
- Behaviour of Toxoplasma gondii RH Ankara strain tachyzoites during continuous production in various cell linesM Döşkaya
Department of Parasitology, Ege University Medical Faculty, 35100, Bornova Izmir, Turkey
Parasitology 132:315-9. 2006..Ultimately, the behaviour of tachyzoites from various T. gondii strains will be observed in cell culture to determine if size is altered...
- Analysis of naturally acquired antibody responses to the 19-kd C-terminal region of merozoite surface protein-1 of Plasmodium vivax from individuals in Sanliurfa, TurkeyFadile Yildiz Zeyrek
Harran University Medical Faculty, Department of Microbiology, Sanliurfa, Turkey
Am J Trop Med Hyg 78:729-32. 2008..vivax malaria, 85% of the individuals were sero-reactive to PvMSP1(19). Particularly, 69.5% of the subjects were positive for IgM, 53.6% were positive for IgG (predominantly IgG1 and IgG3), and 7.3% were positive for IgA...
- Investigation of the prevalence of amoebiasis in Izmir province and determination of Entamoeba spp. using PCR and enzyme immunoassayOzgur Kurt
Celal Bayar University, School of Science and Arts, Department of Biology, Manisa
New Microbiol 31:393-400. 2008..01), having no social security (p < 0.05) and living with a crowded family (p < 0.01). The results demonstrated the significance of amoebiasis as a public health problem among people with low socio-economic status in Izmir province...
- Attitudes towards family planning in the Southeast Anatolian Project (SEAP) region of TurkeyBirgul Ozcirpici
Department of Public Health, Faculty of Medicine, Gaziantep University, Gaziantep, Turkey
J Fam Plann Reprod Health Care 31:121-2. 2005..Basic education must be given to women, particularly non-Turkish speakers, to improve their knowledge and use of family planning. Family planning education for men in rural areas also needs special attention...