Affiliation: Dokuz Eylul University
- Systemic treatment of neuroendocrine tumors with hepatic metastasesBinnaz H M Demırkan
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Medical Oncology, Dokuz Eylul University School of Medicine, Izmir, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 23:427-37. 2012..Various further novel strategies of targeted therapy and microRNA-regulated pathways in neuroendocrine tumors are under development...
- The effect of anthracycline-based (epirubicin) adjuvant chemotherapy on plasma TAFI and PAI-1 levels in operable breast cancerBinnaz Demirkan
Dokuz Eylul University School of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, Izmir, Turkey
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 12:9-14. 2006..More studies concerning the role of fibrinolytic system in breast cancer patients receiving chemotherapy, probably including cases with advanced stage and with different chemotherapy regimens and dose intensities, are needed...
- False negative bone scintigraphy in a patient with primary breast cancer: a possible transient phenomenon of bisphosphonate (alendronate) treatmentBinnaz Demirkan
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, Dokuz Eylul University Medical School, Izmir, Turkey
Tumori 91:77-80. 2005..Breast cancer patients under bisphosphonate treatment for osteoporosis must be carefully evaluated for bone metastasis during radionuclide studies with 99mTc-MDP...
- A patient with nonfunctional pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor and incidental metachronous colon carcinoma detected by positron emission tomography: case reportBinnaz Demirkan
Departments of Internal Medicine, Divisions of Medical Oncology, Dokuz Eylul University, School of Medicine, Izmir
Turk J Gastroenterol 20:214-9. 2009..Lifelong follow-up by a multidisciplinary oncology team is needed so that a long-term survival can be achieved with integrated multimodal systemic treatment approaches...
- Relation of body mass index (BMI) to disease free (DFS) and distant disease free survivals (DDFS) among Turkish women with operable breast carcinomaBinnaz Demirkan
Dokuz Eylul University Institute of Oncology, Department of Clinical Oncology, Division of Medical Oncology, Izmir, Turkey
Jpn J Clin Oncol 37:256-65. 2007..Because of the equivocal, inconsistent and uncertain research results as well as racial and ethnic differences, we aimed to evaluate the prognostic significance of high BMI in Turkish women with operable breast carcinoma...
- Rapid tumor lysis syndrome in a patient with metastatic colon cancer as a complication of treatment with 5-fluorouracil/leucoverin and irinotecanIlhan Oztop
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, Dokuz Eylul University, School of Medicine, Izmir, Turkey
Tumori 90:514-6. 2004....
- Primary non-hodgkin lymphoma of breast in a patient with rectal carcinoma and magnetic resonance spectroscopic examinationBinnaz Demirkan
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, School of Medicine, Dokuz Eylul University, 35340 Izmir, Turkey
Breast 14:169-74. 2005..This case illustrates the importance of close and long-term follow-up as well as of differential diagnostic procedures for second primary malignancies after the initial diagnosis and treatment of a solid tumor...
- Gastric carcinoma during pregnancy: report of a caseIlkay Tugba Unek
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Medical Oncology, Dokuz Eylul University, School of Medicine, Izmir
Turk J Gastroenterol 18:41-3. 2007..Thus, the diagnosis of gastric cancer in pregnancy is difficult. We herein report a case of gastric cancer in pregnancy to alert clinicians to this rare possibility...
- The development of pulmonary adenocarcinoma in a patient with Job's syndrome, a rare immunodeficiency conditionIlhan Oztop
Division of Hematology Oncology, Dokuz Eylul University School of Medicine, Izmir, Turkey
Tumori 90:132-5. 2004..Despite the antifungal and broad-spectrum antimicrobial treatments, the patient died of pseudomonal sepsis...
- Invasive micropapillary carcinoma of the breast: a clinicopathologic study of 103 cases of an unusual and highly aggressive variant of breast carcinomaHasan Gokce
Department of Pathology, Dokuz Eylul University, Izmir, Turkey
Breast J 19:374-81. 2013....
- Toxicity induced by the chemical carcinogen 7,12-dimethylbenz[a]anthracene and the protective effects of selenium in Wistar ratsHilal Kocdor
Institute of Oncology, Dokuz Eylul University, Izmir, Turkey
J Toxicol Environ Health A 68:693-701. 2005..In conclusion, Se appears to be effective in preventing some of the adverse effects associated with DMBA...