Affiliation: Dokuz Eylul University
- Hypothalamic hamartoma, gelastic epilepsy and precocious pubertyAtilla Buyukgebiz
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 20:377. 2007
- The face of late-onset congenital adrenal hyperplasiaAtilla Buyukgebiz
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 20:667. 2007
- Hirsutism in adolescent girlsAtilla Buyukgebiz
Department of Pediatric Endocrinology, Acibadem Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 20:473-4. 2007
- Newborn screening for congenital hypothyroidismAtilla Buyukgebiz
Department of Pediatic Endocrinology and Adolescence, Acibadem Health Group, Acibadem Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 19:1291-8. 2006..Iodine is essential for thyroid hormone synthesis and is present in soil, water and air. Prevention of iodine deficiency can be by iodized salt, iodized oil, iodized bread or iodine tablets...
- Congenital hypothyroidism clinical aspects and late consequencesAtilla Buyukgebiz
Dokuz Eylül Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pediatric Endocrinology and Adolescence Inciralti, Izmir, Turkiye
Pediatr Endocrinol Rev 1:185-90; discussion 190. 2003..Still a small number of patients with severe hypothyroidism in utero or reflected by clinical signs and symptoms extremely low T4 levels and delayed bone age may have intellectual deficits despite normal intelligence...
- Hepatic glycogenosis: a rare cause of hepatomegaly in Type 1 diabetes mellitusAyhan Abaci
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Dokuz Eylul University, 35340 Inciralti Izmir, Turkey
J Diabetes Complications 22:325-8. 2008..In hepatic glycogenosis, the pathological findings improve in 4 weeks when good metabolic control is provided. Therefore, the other reasons must be investigated when hepatomegaly persists for a longer period...
- Complex urogenital malformation associated with female pseudohermaphroditism: caudal dysgenesis syndromeAyhan Abaci
Division of Endocrinology, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Dokuz Eylul University, Izmir, Turkey
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 19:1171-4. 2006..Caudal dysgenesis syndrome should be considered in any female infant presenting with bilateral streak ovaries, and Müllerian and genito-urinary anomalies...
- Hypoglycemia and its effects on the brain in children with type 1 diabetes mellitusEce Bober
Dokuz Eylul University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pediatric Endocrinology and Adolescent Medicine, Izmir, Turkey
Pediatr Endocrinol Rev 2:378-82. 2005..Adaptive responses to hypoglycemia might vary according to both the degree and frequency of prior hypoglycemia and the presence of structural brain changes induced by chronic hyperglycemia...
- Hypoglycemia, hypoglycemia unawareness and counterregulation in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitusEce Bober
Department of Pediatric Endocrinology and Adolescence, Faculty of Medicine, Dokuz Eylul University, Izmir, Turkey
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 18:831-41. 2005..In order to implement this, it is essential to organize an intensive training program with the patient and family, and to provide psychological support and close coordination with the diabetes treatment team...
- A non-endocrine cause of testicular enlargement mimicking precocious puberty: testicular microlithiasisEce Bober
Department of Pediatric Endocrinology, Faculty of Medicine, Dokuz Eylul University, Izmir, Turkey
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 20:1237-40. 2007..Testicular microlithiasis is a rare cause of testicular enlargement and pediatricians should take this disease into account in the differential diagnosis of suspected precocious puberty...
- Leptin levels in boys with pubertal gynecomastiaBumin Dundar
Department of Pediatric Endocrinology, Faculty of Medicine, Suleyman Demirel University, Turkey
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 18:929-34. 2005..Leptin receptors have been also shown in mammary epithelial cells and it has been suggested that leptin is involved in the control of the proliferation of both normal and malignant breast cells...
- A comparison of multiple daily insulin therapy with continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion therapy in adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus: a single-center experience from TurkeyAyhan Abaci
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Dokuz Eylul University, Inciralti, Izmir, Turkey
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 22:539-45. 2009..To compare the long-term outcomes of continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion (CSII) pump therapy with the clinical and metabolic parameters recorded during multiple daily insulin (MDI) therapy...
- Successful therapy with L-T4 in a 5 year-old boy with generalized thyroid hormone resistanceBumin Dundar
Department of Pediatric Endocrinology and Adolescence, Dokuz Eylul University Faculty of Medicine, Izmir, Turkey
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 16:1051-6. 2003..In 12 months of treatment, no side effects were detected and surprisingly clinical symptoms improved without requirement for high doses of L-T4...
- Prevalence of anticardiolipin antibodies in type 1 diabetes and autoimmune thyroiditisAyhan Abaci
Dokuz Eylul University, Faculty of Medicine, Izmir, Turkey
Pol Arch Med Wewn 120:71-5. 2010..However, the clinical relevance of these antibodies in subjects with type 1 diabetes and AIT is unclear...
- The effects of topical iodine containing antiseptics on thyroidal status of preterm versus term babiesOrkide G Hudaoglu
Department of Pediatrics, Dokuz Eylul University Medical Faculty, Izmir, Turkey
Saudi Med J 30:783-7. 2009..To determine the effect of iodine containing antiseptics on thyroid function for the first 3 weeks in non-very-low-birth weight preterm and term babies, and to evaluate their thyroid function and behavioral status 7 years later...
- Analysis of cytotoxic T lymphocyte antigen-4 (CTLA-4) exon 1 polymorphism in patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus in a Turkish populationSermin Genc
Department of Medical Biology and Genetics, Dokuz Eylul University Medical School, Izmir, Turkey
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 17:731-5. 2004....