Affiliation: Cukurova University
- Erkan D, KolukÄ±rÄ±k Ä, Acar A, Kandemir H, Ä°lkit M. [A recurrent case of adult favus successfully treated with terbinafine]. Mikrobiyol Bul. 2015;49:619-24 pubmed..Consequently, favus is still an important health problem encountered in Turkey. ..
- Ilkit M. Favus of the scalp: an overview and update. Mycopathologia. 2010;170:143-54 pubmed publisher..This review discusses the clinical features of favus, as well as the etiological agents, global epidemiology, laboratory diagnosis, and a short history of medical mycology...
- Ilkit M, Gumral R, Saracli M, Burgut R. Trichophyton tonsurans scalp carriage among wrestlers in a national competition in Turkey. Mycopathologia. 2011;172:215-22 pubmed publisher..tonsurans in two samples (25%). T. tonsurans was only recovered from 11 out of 194 (5.7%) wrestlers. Scalp carriage represents the predominant (72.7%) clinical picture of a T. tonsurans infection in these Greco-Roman wrestlers in Turkey...
- Ilkit M, Demirhindi H. Asymptomatic dermatophyte scalp carriage: laboratory diagnosis, epidemiology and management. Mycopathologia. 2008;165:61-71 pubmed..An integration into the school health programs is proposed, which will render the possible dealing of the subject in a comprehensive and reasonable manner. ..
- Ilkit M, Durdu M, Karakas M. Majocchi's granuloma: a symptom complex caused by fungal pathogens. Med Mycol. 2012;50:449-57 pubmed publisher..This review focuses on the clinical presentation, pathogenesis, laboratory diagnostic methods (including the Tzanck smear test), etiologic agents, histopathologic characteristics, and therapeutic approaches to the treatment of MG. ..