Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Cukurova University
- Investigation of C5a receptor gene 450 C/T polymorphism in Turkish patients with familial Mediterranean feverEren Erken
Department of Rheumatology Immunology, Cukurova University Faculty of Medicine, Adana, Turkey
Mol Biol Rep 37:273-6. 2010..25, 95% CI: 0.917-1.704, P = 0.017) but with no other clinical findings of the disease. C5aR polymorphism might be searched in populations having high prevalence of FMF...
- Plasma interleukin-10 and interleukin-12 levels in patients with familial Mediterranean feverEren Erken
Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, Cukurova University, Balcali, PO Box PK 5, 01330 Adana, Turkey
Rheumatol Int 26:862-4. 2006..Significant increase in IL-10 levels in FMF group may point to the compensatory suppression of inflammation in active periods of the disease...
- Analysis of cytotoxic T lymphocyte antigen-4 (CTLA-4) promoter -318C/T and +49A/G gene polymorphisms in Turkish patients with familial Mediterranean feverRamazan Gunesacar
Department of Medical Biology and Genetics, Faculty of Medicine, Kahramanmaras Sutcu Imam University, Kahramanmaras, Turkey
Cell Biochem Biophys 65:181-6. 2013..Our findings suggest that although not statistically significant, higher frequencies of CTLA-4 gene -318CT genotype, T allele, and -318T/+49A haplotype in FMF patients may be related to the non-autoimmune pathogenesis of FMF...
- Evaluation of the Turkish version of the Dougados functional index in ankylosing spondylitisHuseyin T E Ozer
Department of Rheumatology Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, Cukurova University, Balcali 01330, Adana, Turkey
Rheumatol Int 25:368-72. 2005..352, P<0.05). Good correlations were found between individual DFI items and the total score (r=between 0.533 and 0.882, p< 0.001) for the first and second visits, showing good reproducibility of the index...
- Evaluation of the Turkish version of the Bath Ankylosing Spondylitis Patient Global Score (BAS-G)Huseyin T E Ozer
Department of Medicine, Rheumatology Immunology Division, Faculty of Medicine, Cukurova University, Balcali, Adana, 01330, Turkey
Clin Rheumatol 25:136-9. 2006..440, P=0.017, n=29). The Turkish version of the BAS-G has good reliability and validity. It is a good tool for assessing patients with AS or other rheumatic diseases in clinical practice and research...
- Comparison of amplification refractory mutation system and polymerase chain reaction-restriction fragment length polymorphism techniques used for the investigation of MEFV gene exon 10 point mutations in familial Mediterranean fever patients living in CukRamazan Gunesacar
Division of Rheumatology Immunology, Cukurova University, Faculty of Medicine, Balcali, Adana, Turkey
Genet Test 9:220-5. 2005..55%), and M694I (1.66%). In conclusion ARMS and PCR-RFLP techniques were equally reliable to detect the mutations in Turkish FMF patients. However, the ARMS technique was found to be more rapid and economical than the PCR-RFLP techniques...
- VEGF 936 C/T gene polymorphism in renal transplant recipients: association of the T allele with good graft outcomeRamazan Gunesacar
Department of Immunology and Rheumatology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Cukurova, Adana, Turkey
Hum Immunol 68:599-602. 2007..The VEGF 936 CT genotype and T allele appear to be associated with good outcome in renal transplantation and, if confirmed, might be helpful for the pretransplant identification of recipients with low risk of graft rejection...
- The association between cervical rib and sacralizationEren Erken
Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology Immunology, Cukurova University Medical School, Adana, Turkey
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 27:1659-64. 2002..After determining the normal reference values for the length of the transverse processes of the seventh cervical vertebra, the association between the presence of cervical rib and sacralization was investigated...
- The significance of E266K polymorphism in the NOD1 gene on Helicobacter pylori infection: an effective force on pathogenesis?Banu Kara
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Gastroenterology, Cukurova University, Yuregir, Adana 01330, Turkey
Clin Exp Med 10:107-12. 2010..Additionally, it increases the ratio of eradication failure...
- Serum eosinophil cationic protein levels in Behçet's disease and its relation to clinical activityDıdem Arslan Tas
Cukurova University, Rheumatology Immunology Department, Adana, Turkey
Asian Pac J Allergy Immunol 31:67-72. 2013..Eosinophil cationic protein (ECP) is a matrix protein of eosinophils and has been reported to reflect eosinophil activity. Few studies have examined the role of eosinophils in the pathogenesis of Behçet's disease...
- Role of KIR genes and genotypes in susceptibility to or protection against hepatitis B virus infection in a Turkish cohortFiliz Kibar
Central Laboratory, Balcali Hospital, Cukurova University, Adana, Turkey
Med Sci Monit 20:28-34. 2014..05). Conclusions Our results suggest that KIR2DL3 and KIR3DS1 genes could be protector genes for HBV infection and they could be important immuno-genetic markers in determining antiviral immunity in the Turkish population. ..
- Pigmented purpuric dermatosis associated with primary antiphospholipid syndromeFatih Yildiz
Department of Rheumatology Immunology, Cukurova University Faculty of Medicine, Turkey
Intern Med 52:1255-7. 2013..No cases of primary antiphospholipid syndrome and pigmented purpuric dermatosis have so far been reported in the literature. We herein report a case of pigmented purpuric dermatosis associated with primary antiphospholipid syndrome...
- Different clinical presentation of the hyperimmunoglobulin D syndrome (HIDS) (four cases from Turkey)Dıdem Arslan Tas
Rheumatology Immunology Department, Faculty of Medicine, Cukurova University, Balcalı Hastanesi, Saricam, Adana, Turkey 01330
Clin Rheumatol 31:889-93. 2012..Especially in countries that FMF is more frequent such as Turkey, even though the symptoms start later than classic cases, HIDS should be kept in mind for differential diagnosis of periodic fever syndromes...
- The Turkish version of the Bath Ankylosing Spondylitis Functional Index: reliability and validityHuseyin T E Ozer
Department of Rheumatology Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, Cukurova University, 01330 Adana, Turkey
Clin Rheumatol 24:123-8. 2005..However, sensitivity to changes due to drug therapy and/or rehabilitation remains to be determined...
- Autoimmunity in the etiology of otitis media with effusionMete Kirglu
Department of Otolaryngology, Cukurova University Medical Faculty, Balcali, Adana, Turkey
Am J Otolaryngol 24:159-62. 2003..The presence of antibodies against middle ear epithelium in the cases with OME suggest that autoimmunity might play a role in the formation of effusion in the tympanic cavity...
- Familial Mediterranean fever (FMF) in Turkey: results of a nationwide multicenter studyMehmet Tunca
Dokuz Eylul University School of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Izmir, Turkey
Medicine (Baltimore) 84:1-11. 2005..To our knowledge, this is the largest series of patients with FMF reported from 1 country. We describe the features of the disease in the Turkish population and show that amyloidosis is still a substantial problem...
- Early suppression of familial Mediterranean fever attacks by single medium dose methyl-prednisolone infusionEren Erken
Joint Bone Spine 75:370-2. 2008
- Serum RANTES, MIP-1alpha, and MCP-1 levels in Behçet's diseaseHuseyin T E Ozer
Rheumatol Int 25:487-8. 2005