Affiliation: Baskent University
- Smoking mentholated cigarettes impairs coronary microvascular function as severely as does smoking regular cigarettesOzgur Ciftci
Department of Cardiology, Baskent University, Konya Teaching and Medical Research Center, Konya, Turkey
Acta Cardiol 63:135-40. 2008..We sought to investigate whether smoking mentholated cigarettes impairs coronary flow reserve (CFR) more so than smoking regular cigarettes...
- Mentholated cigarette smoking induced alterations in left and right ventricular functions in chronic smokersOzgur Ciftci
Department of Cardiology, Faculty of Medicine, Baskent University, Konya, Turkey
Anadolu Kardiyol Derg 8:116-22. 2008..The aim of the study was to compare acute effects of normal and mentholated cigarettes smoking on both ventricular diastolic functions in chronic smokers...
- Impaired coronary microvascular function and increased intima-media thickness in rheumatoid arthritisOzgur Ciftci
Baskent University Medicine Faculty Cardiology, Ankara, Turkey
Atherosclerosis 198:332-7. 2008....
- Mentholated cigarette smoking and brachial artery, carotid artery, and aortic vascular functionOzgur Ciftci
Department of Cardiology, Medicine Faculty of Başkent University, Ankara, Turkey
Turk Kardiyol Dern Ars 37:234-40. 2009..We investigated possible acute effects of mentholated versus nonmentholated cigarette smoking on vascular functions and left ventricular diastolic functions in otherwise healthy young smokers...
- Impaired coronary microvascular function in familial Mediterranean feverMustafa Caliskan
Department of Cardiology, Baskent University Medical School, Ankara, Turkey
Atherosclerosis 195:e161-7. 2007..However, the question of whether patients with familial Mediterranean fever (FMF) are at risk of atherosclerosis and related diseases remains controversial...
- Acute effects of smoking light cigarettes on coronary microvascular functionsOzgur Ciftci
Department of Cardiology, Baskent University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Clin Cardiol 32:210-4. 2009..To date, there has been no study comparing the possible acute effects on coronary microvascular functions of smoking light cigarettes (those with low tar and nicotine yield) and regular cigarettes...
- Cardiovascular prognostic value of vascular involvement in Behcet's diseaseMustafa Caliskan
Baskent University Faculty of Medicine, Cardiology Department, Ankara, Turkey
Int J Cardiol 125:428-30. 2008..Endothelial and coronary microvascular functions are compromised in BD patients without vascular involvement as remarkably as that in patients with vascular involvement...
- Patients with Behcet's disease carry a higher risk for microvascular involvement in active disease periodHakan Gullu
Baskent University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Cardiology, Ankara, Turkey
Ann Med 39:154-9. 2007..However, to date, there is no study to investigate a possible association of disease activity (active versus inactive disease period) with cardiovascular complications...
- Light cigarette smoking impairs coronary microvascular functions as severely as smoking regular cigarettesHakan Gullu
Baskent University, Faculty of Medicine, Konya Teaching and Medical Research Centre, Cardiology Department, Ankara, Turkey
Heart 93:1274-7. 2007..Smoking low-tar, low-nicotine cigarettes (light cigarettes) would be expected to be less hazardous than smoking regular cigarettes owing to the lower nicotine and tar yield...
- Association between serum gamma-glutamyltransferase levels and coronary microvascular function in hypertensive patientsMustafa Caliskan
Baskent University Faculty of Medicine, Department of Cardiology, Ankara, Turkey
J Hypertens 25:2497-503. 2007..Accordingly, we aimed to determine whether serum GGT level is independently and specifically associated with coronary flow reserve (CFR) impairment in hypertensive patients...
- Endothelial functions are more severely impaired during active disease period in patients with Behcet's diseaseMustafa Caliskan
Department of Cardiology, Faculty of Medicine, Baskent University, 06490 Ankara, Turkey
Clin Rheumatol 26:1074-8. 2007..Brachial FMD is more prominently impaired in BD patients within the active disease period. BD patients are possibly more vulnerable to cardiovascular manifestations when they are in the active disease period...
- Effects of normal blood pressure, prehypertension, and hypertension on coronary microvascular functionDogan Erdogan
Baskent University, Konya Teaching and Medical Research Center, Cardiology Department, Hoca Cihan Mah, Saray Cad, No 1, Selcuklu, Konya, Turkey
Circulation 115:593-9. 2007..Accordingly, the present study was designed to evaluate CFR in subjects with prehypertension...
- Coronary flow reserve is impaired in subclinical hypothyroidismSemra Baycan
Cardiology Department, Baskent University, Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Clin Cardiol 30:562-6. 2007..Therefore, we investigated coronary flow reserve (CFR) reflecting coronary microvascular function in patients with SHT...
- Nebivolol improves coronary flow reserve in patients with idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathyDogan Erdogan
Cardiology Department, Konya Teaching and Medical Research Center, Baskent University, Konya, Turkey
Heart 93:319-24. 2007..Nebivolol reduces mortality and morbidity in patients with heart failure and left ventricular dysfunction, including cases caused by IDC...
- Impaired coronary flow reserve in hemodialysis patients: a transthoracic Doppler echocardiographic studyDerya Tok
Department of Cardiology, Baskent University, Konya Medical and Research Center, Konya, Turkey
Nephron Clin Pract 101:c200-6. 2005..In patients with chronic renal failure and normal coronary arteries, decreased CFR by transthoracic echocardiography might be regarded as an early finding of an affected coronary vasculature...
- Effects of atorvastatin on coronary flow reserve in patients with slow coronary flowMustafa Caliskan
Baskent University, Konya Teaching and Medical Research Center, Cardiology Department, Konya, Turkey
Clin Cardiol 30:475-9. 2007....
- The influence of circadian blood pressure changes on aortic distensibility and left ventricular diastolic function in hypertensive individualsDogan Erdogan
Cardiology Department, Konya Teaching and Medical Research Center, Baskent University, Selcuklu, Konya, Turkey
Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 22:157-65. 2006..In addition, non-dipper BP leads to structural changes in the left ventricle; however, the influences of non-dipper BP on aortic elastic properties and left ventricular diastolic function have not been studied yet...
- The effect of carvedilol therapy on coronary flow reserve in patients with idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathyMustafa Caliskan
Department of Cardiology, Medicine Faculty of Başkent University, Konya, Turkey
Turk Kardiyol Dern Ars 36:247-52. 2008..We evaluated the effect of carvedilol, a nonselective beta-blocker with vasodilating action, on coronary flow reserve (CFR) in patients with idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy (IDC)...
- Isotretinoin does not prolong QT intervals and QT dispersion in patients with severe acne: a surprising finding for a drug with numerous side effectsRecep Dursun
Baskent University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Dermatology, Konya Research Center, Konya, Turkey
J Drugs Dermatol 10:710-4. 2011..Isotretinoin is a widely prescribed drug for the treatment of severe acne. Several adverse cardiac effects due to isotretinoin have been previously reported. However, no data exist on the effects of isotretinoin therapy on QT intervals...
- Laparoscopic surgery: does it increase the probability of atrial and ventricular arrhythmias in children?Ozgur Ciftci
Department of Cardiology, Baskent University, Konya, Turkey
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 18:173-7. 2008..This study aims to assess QT dispersion (QTD) and P wave dispersion (PWD) changes in children who have undergone laparoscopic appendectomy...
- Low serum bilirubin levels are independently and inversely related to impaired flow-mediated vasodilation and increased carotid intima-media thickness in both men and womenDogan Erdogan
Baskent University, Faculty of Medicine, Cardiology Department, Konya, Turkey
Atherosclerosis 184:431-7. 2006..In the present study, FMD and IMT were studied in healthy subjects with lower and higher serum bilirubin concentrations in physiological ranges...
- Asymmetric dimethylarginine levels and carotid intima-media thickness in obese patients with polycystic ovary syndrome and their relationship to metabolic parametersBaris Onder Pamuk
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Baskent University, School of Medicine, 5th Street, 48, Bahcelievler, 06490 Ankara, Turkey
Fertil Steril 93:1227-33. 2010..To evaluate the plasma asymmetric dimethyl arginine (ADMA) levels and carotid intima-media thickness (IMT) in patients with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)...
- Increased platelet activation and inflammatory response in patients with masked hypertensionAytekin Guven
Department of Cardiology, Baskent University School of Medicine, Konya, Turkey
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 24:170-4. 2013..Patients with masked hypertension have higher MPV and CRP values than controls. Increased MPV and CRP levels may be the possible mechanisms behind the increased cardiovascular risk in masked hypertensive patients...
- C-reactive protein and nitric oxide level in patients with white coat hypertensionAytekin Guven
Baskent University School of Medicine, Department of Cardiology, Konya, Turkey
Blood Press 21:281-5. 2012..The aim of this study was to assess endothelial function measuring nitric oxide (NO) and C-reactive protein (CRP) level in WCH and to compare those with essential hypertension (EH) and healthy subjects...
- Anomalous right coronary artery from the left sinus of Valsalva presenting a challenge for percutaneous coronary interventionMustafa Caliskan
Department of Cardiology, Medicine Faculty of Başkent University, Konya Research and Teaching Center, Konya, Turkey
Turk Kardiyol Dern Ars 37:44-7. 2009..The patient had an uneventful recovery. The use of a multipurpose Hockey Stick catheter may be considered when the usual techniques fail to cannulate an anomalous RCA...
- Effect of controlled ovarian hyperstimulation treatment on cardiac functionAyla Uckuyu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Baskent University, Konya, Turkey
J Reprod Med 55:503-8. 2010..To evaluate the effects of controlled ovarian hyperstimulation (COH) treatment on cardiac functions using tissue Doppler imaging (TDI)...
- Effects of normal blood pressure, prehypertension and hypertension on left ventricular diastolic function and aortic elastic propertiesDogan Erdogan
Suleyman Demirel University, Medical Faculty, Cardiology Department, Isparta, Turkey
Blood Press 16:114-21. 2007..Accordingly, we evaluated the effects of normal BP, PHT and hypertension on left ventricular (LV) diastolic function and aortic elasticity, which are sensitive indicators of target-organ damage...
- Impaired coronary microvascular functions in patients with BehÃ§et diseaseHakan Gullu
J Am Coll Cardiol 48:586-7. 2006