Affiliation: Ankara University
- A 15-year-old boy with Rubinstein-Taybi syndrome associated with severe congenital malalignment of the toenailsSevim Balci
Department of Clinical Genetics, Hacettepe University, Ihsan Dogramaci Children s Hospital, Turkey
Pediatr Dermatol 21:44-7. 2004..We report a patient with characteristic manifestations of RTS and congenital malalignment of the great toenails. The association of these two entities has not been reported previously...
- Post-renal transplantation Leser-Trélat sign associated with carcinoma of the gallbladder: a rare associationPelin Kocyigit
Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, Ankara University, Turkey
Scand J Gastroenterol 42:779-81. 2007..The search for an underlying malignancy showed the presence of an adenocarcinoma of the gallbladder which had metastasized to the liver...
- Linear IgA bullous dermatosis induced by interferon-alpha 2aP Kocyigit
Department of Dermatology, Ankara University Medical School, Ankara, Turkey
Clin Exp Dermatol 34:e123-4. 2009..Idiopathic, systemic disorder-related, and rarely drug-induced forms of LABD have been described. We describe a case of LABD associated with interferon-alpha 2A used for the treatment of Kaposi's sarcoma...
- Calibre persistent labial artery: clinical features and noninvasive radiological diagnosisP Kocyigit
Radiology, Ankara University Medical School, Ankara University, Turkey
Clin Exp Dermatol 31:528-30. 2006..In this case, the diagnosis was made clinically and confirmed by Doppler ultrasonography, which is a noninvasive and simple diagnostic tool...
- Sodium hydroxide chemical matricectomy for the treatment of ingrown toenails: comparison of three different application periodsPelin Kocyigit
Department of Dermatology, Ankara University Medical School, 06100 Ankara, Turkey
Dermatol Surg 31:744-7; discussion 747. 2005..This study was designed to evaluate the optimal sodium hydroxide application period providing high success rates with minimal postoperative morbidity...
- Clinical manifestations of cutaneous graft-versus-host disease after allogeneic haematopoietic cell transplantation: long-term follow-up results in a single Turkish centreHatice Sanli
Department of Dermatology, Stem Cell Transplantation Unit, School of Medicine, Ankara University, Ankara, Turkey
Acta Derm Venereol 84:296-301. 2004..In conclusion, GVHD has a wide spectrum of cutaneous manifestations, which can be used as an important tool for the early diagnosis of the disease...
- Comparison of phenol and sodium hydroxide chemical matricectomies for the treatment of ingrowing toenailsSeher Bostanci
Department of Dermatology, Ankara University, Medical School, Ankara, Turkey
Dermatol Surg 33:680-5. 2007..Both agents have excellent cure rates, but there are no data about the comparison of postoperative healing periods. This study was designed to compare the postoperative morbidity rates of sodium hydroxide and phenol matricectomies...
- Vitiligo after hematopoietic cell transplantation: six cases and review of the literatureHatice Sanli
Department of Dermatology, Ankara University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Dermatology 216:349-54. 2008..To investigate the prevalence and clinical characteristics of vitiligo after allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation (AHCT)...
- Epithelioid sarcoma metastatic to the tongue: a rare entityEsin Ozdemir
Departments of Dermatology and Pathology, School of Medicine, Ankara University, 06100 Ankara, Turkey
J Cutan Pathol 31:401-5. 2004..ES is also known to have a high rate of recurrence and high rate of metastasis predominantly to the lymph nodes, lungs, and scalp. Herein, the second case of ES with metastasis to the tongue is reported...
- Can specific vessel-based papulopustular lesions of Behçet's disease be differentiated from nonspecific follicular-based lesions clinically?Ayse Boyvat
Department of Dermatology and Pathology, Ankara University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Int J Dermatol 45:814-8. 2006..Some authors suggest that papulopustular lesions should be considered a positive criterion only if they exhibit a vessel-based neutrophilic reaction...