Affiliation: Ankara University
- Influence of post-transplant recombinant human granulocyte colony-stimulating factor administration on peritransplant morbidity in patients undergoing autologous stem cell transplantationTaner Demirer
Department of Bone Marrow Transplantation Unit, Ankara Numune Education and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Br J Haematol 118:1104-11. 2002..This study also showed that starting rhG-CSF administration on d 5 may be as effective as d 0 on the clinical outcome and may be an economical approach in routine clinical practice in this cost-conscious era...
- High-dose thiotepa, melphalan and carboplatin (TMCb) followed by autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation in patients with lymphoma -- a retrospective evaluationT Demirer
Department of Hematology Oncology, Ankara University Medical School, Ankara, Turkey
Bone Marrow Transplant 34:781-6. 2004....
- Mobilization of peripheral blood stem cells with chemotherapy and recombinant human granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (rhG-CSF): a randomized evaluation of different doses of rhG-CSFT Demirer
Ankara Numune Education and Research Hospital, Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, Department of Hematology Oncology, Ankara University Medical School, Turkey
Br J Haematol 116:468-74. 2002..Therefore, in routine clinical practice, despite some advantage in the use of higher doses of rhG-CSF, lower doses may be used for PBSC collections following chemotherapy-based mobilization regimens in this cost-conscious era...
- Monitoring of peripheral blood CD34+ cell counts on the first day of apheresis is highly predictive for efficient CD34+ cell yieldTaner Demirer
Ankara University Medical School, Department of Hematology Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplant, Ankara, Turkey
Ther Apher 6:384-9. 2002..Using a value of 34/micro L preleukapheresis circulating CD 34+ cells as a guide for the timing of peripheral blood stem cells collections can be time saving and cost-effective...
- High-dose chemotherapy with autologous hematopoietic stem cell support for solid tumors in adultsPaolo Pedrazzoli
Divisione di Oncologia Medica Falck, Ospedale Niguarda Ca Granda, Milano, Italy, and Department of Hematology, Ankara University Medical School, Turkey
Semin Hematol 44:286-95. 2007..In this article, we review and comment on the data from studies to date of HDC for solid tumors in adults...
- High-dose thiotepa, melphalan and carboplatin (TMCb) followed by autologous stem cell transplantation in patients with advanced breast cancer: a retrospective evaluationT Demirer
Ankara Numune Education and Research Hospital, Turkey
Bone Marrow Transplant 31:755-61. 2003..33. These preliminary data suggest that high-dose TMCb followed by autologous stem cell transplantation is an effective regimen for patients with advanced breast cancer and may be comparable to some previously used regimens...
- CD34+ cells in hematopoietic stem cell transplantationTaner Demirer
Department of Hematology/Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, Ankara University Medical School, Ibn-i Sina Hospital, Sihhiye, 06100 Ankara, Turkey
Adv Exp Med Biol 534:107-18. 2003
- Transplantation of allogeneic hematopoietic stem cells: an emerging treatment modality for solid tumorsTaner Demirer
Department of Haematology Oncology, Ankara University Medical School, Turkey
Nat Clin Pract Oncol 5:256-67. 2008..Targeted therapies may complement the immune effect of allogeneic transplantation. We present updated results from the literature and data recently placed on file at the European Bone Marrow Transplantation Solid Tumors Working Party...
- An unusual presentation of plasma cell dyscrasias: cardiac tamponade due to myelomatous infiltrationMutlu Arat
Department of Hematology, Ankara University Medical School, Ibni Sina Hospital, Turkey
Leuk Lymphoma 43:145-8. 2002..In conclusion, optimal treatment for malignant involvement of the pericardium by myeloma cells has not yet been established and is often fatal...
- Differences in liver pathology and clinical outcome between two patients with hepatitis B virus and graft versus host diseaseC Ustun
Ankara University, School of Medicine, Department of Hematology Ibni Sina Hospital, Ankara, 06100, Turkey
Pathol Oncol Res 5:229-32. 1999....
- Treatment of aregeneratoric anemia following an ABO-incompatible allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantation: a case reportC Ustun
Department of Hematology Oncology, Ibn i Sina Hospital, Medical School, Ankara University, Turkey
Ther Apher 3:275-7. 1999..In conclusion, to treat and obtain a low titer of antibodies in a patient with AA following an ABO-incompatible alloPBSCT, higher doses of erythopoietin and corticosteroids associated with plasma exchange have to be used...
- A randomized trial of assessment of efficacy of leukapheresis volumes, 8 liters vs 12 litersT Demirer
Ankara Numune Hospital, Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, Ankara, Turkey
Bone Marrow Transplant 29:893-7. 2002..In fact, the use of the larger leukapheresis volume had the disadvantage of adding 60 min to the time the patient was on the machine...
- CD41+ and CD42+ hematopoietic progenitor cells may predict platelet engraftment after allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantationT Demirer
Department of Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplantation Unit, Ankara University Medical School, Ibn i Sina Hospital, Sihhiye, Ankara, Turkey
J Clin Apher 16:67-73. 2001..Based on this data we may conclude that flow cytometric measurement of CD41+ and CD42+ progenitor cells may provide an accurate indication of platelet reconstitutive capacity of the allogeneic PBSC transplant...
- Recombinant human granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (rh-G-CSF) may accelerate hematopoietic recovery after HLA-identical sibling allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantationM Ozcan
Ankara University School of Medicine, Department of Hematology, Ankara, Turkey
Bone Marrow Transplant 27:499-505. 2001..58 and 0.53, respectively). The administration of G-CSF after allogeneic PBSC transplantation provided faster neutrophil and platelet engraftment associated with less severe mucositis and less febrile episodes...
- Reduced intensity stem cell transplantation for advanced soft tissue sarcomas in adults: a retrospective analysis of the European Group for Blood and Marrow TransplantationSimona Secondino
Divisione Oncologica Falck, Ospedale Niguarda Ca Granda, Milan, Italy
Haematologica 92:418-20. 2007..Our study may suggest that an immune-mediated effect cannot be excluded in some STS...