Affiliation: Akdeniz University
- Lamivudine and high-dose interferon alpha 2a combination treatment in naïve HBeAg-positive immunoactive chronic hepatitis B in children: an East Mediterranean center's experienceAygen Yilmaz
Pediatric Gastroenterology, Akdeniz University, Pediatri Anabilim Dali, Arapsuyu, Antalya 07059, Turkey
Eur J Pediatr 166:195-9. 2007..Lamivudine induction before interferon does not seem to be necessary...
- Adjuvant effect of vitamin A on recurrent lower urinary tract infectionsAygen Yilmaz
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Akdeniz University, Antalya, Turkey
Pediatr Int 49:310-3. 2007..The purpose of the present paper was to investigate the effects of vitamin A supplementation on recurrent lower urinary tract infections (RUTI)...
- Severe angioedema caused by banana allergy under tacrolimus immunosuppressionA Yilmaz
Department of Pediatrics, Akdeniz University, Medical Faculty, Akdeniz University, Antalya, Turkey
Transplant Proc 37:4251-3. 2005..Banana must be added to allergen batteries during etiologic investigations. Cyclosporine represents an option for drug conversion to prevent organ rejection...
- Vascular complications in living-related and deceased donation pediatric liver transplantation: single center's experience from TurkeyAygen Yilmaz
Liver Transplant Group, Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Akdeniz University Solid Organ Transplant Center, Antalya, Turkey
Pediatr Transplant 11:160-4. 2007..Thrombosis of HA causes significant mortality. Thrombosis of PV was among the causes of mortality and morbidity. Stenosis of HV-VC could be managed by angioplasty and endovascular stenting with no significant effect to mortality...
- Interferon alpha monotherapy for chronic hepatitis C viral infection in thalassemics and hemodialysis patientsR Artan
Akdeniz University Faculty of Medicine Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Antalya, Turkey
J Chemother 17:651-5. 2005..IFN monotherapy proved to be an effective treatment, especially in thalassemic patients with chronic HCV. IFN monotherapy seems reasonable for patients with thalassemia and chronic hepatitis C virus in whom ribavirin cannot be used...
- Evaluation of the first 100 liver transplantationsAyhan Dinckan
Department of Transplantation Center, Akdeniz University, Antalya, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 19:28-32. 2008..We aimed to present the experience of the first 100 liver transplantations carried out at Akdeniz University...
- Long-term aspects of nodular gastritis in childrenMustafa Akcam
Medical School, Akdenz University, Antalya, Turkey
Pediatr Int 49:220-5. 2007..The aim of this study is to document current clinical conditions, presence of H. pylori and results of endoscopic and histologic examination, after a long-term period, in children with endoscopically diagnosed antral nodularity...
- Biochemical markers of bone metabolism in children with Helicobacter pylori infectionSebahat Ozdem
Central Laboratory, Clinical Biochemistry Unit, Akdeniz University, Medical Faculty, 07070 Antalya, Turkey
Dig Dis Sci 52:967-72. 2007..Further studies are required to clarify whether H. pylori infection causes time-dependent changes in bone turnover markers during the long course of this inflammatory disease...
- Assessment of an effective visual field testing strategy for a normal pediatric populationYusuf Akar
Department of Ophthalmology, Akdeniz University School of Medicine, Antalya, Turkey
Ophthalmologica 222:329-33. 2008..To investigate which visual field testing strategy yields more reliable and tolerable field analysis in a normal pediatric population...
- Liver biopsy in the diagnosis of visceral leishmaniasisReha Artan
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Akdeniz University School of Medicine, Antalya, Turkey
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 21:299-302. 2006..To determine whether liver biopsy might be useful in the diagnosis of visceral leishmaniasis when bone marrow examination and serologic tests are inconclusive...
- Firearm fatalities in Edirne, 1984-1997D Azmak
Department of Forensic Medicine, Trakya University, Medical Faculty, Edirne, Turkey
Forensic Sci Int 95:231-9. 1998..8%) and chest (32%). In conclusion, our study shows that, in spite of legal restrictions, illegal access to firearms is easy and deaths by firearms are still increasing...
- Insulin resistance in children with Helicobacter pylori infectionS Ozdem
Central Laboratory Clinical Biochemistry Unit, Medical Faculty, Akdeniz University, Antalya, Turkey
J Endocrinol Invest 30:236-40. 2007..pylori-infected compared to control children. The findings of the present study suggested that there is a certain relation between H. pylori infection and insulin resistance in children...
- Serum ferritin, vitamin B(12), folate, and zinc levels in children infected with Helicobacter pyloriMustafa Akcam
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Akdeniz University, Medical School, Antalya, Turkey
Dig Dis Sci 52:405-10. 2007..This negative effect on vitamin B(12) levels is rather marked in contrast to that on ferritin levels. H. pylori infection has no significant effect on serum folate or zinc levels among children...
- Burkitt's lymphoma following a pediatric liver transplantation: predictive negative value of serologic response to Epstein-Barr virusAygen Yilmaz
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Akdeniz University Faculty of Medicine, Antalya, Turkey
Turk J Pediatr 49:434-6. 2007..He expired possibly due to side effects of treatment. We recommend that viral monitoring must be done using PCR during follow-up of pediatric LTx to prevent dramatic outcomes...
- Myeloperoxidase, xanthine oxidase and superoxide dismutase in the gastric mucosa of Helicobacter pylori positive and negative pediatric patientsMustafa Akcam
Medical School, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Akdeniz University, Antalya, Turkey
Mol Cell Biochem 290:125-30. 2006..That's why MPO, XO, and SOD may not have important roles in the pathogenesis of HP related gastric disease in children...
- Oral hypertonic glucose solution in the treatment of infantile colicMustafa Akcam
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Suleyman Demirel University, Isparta, Turkey
Pediatr Int 48:125-7. 2006..Safe and effective treatment of infantile colic (IC) has not yet been determined. In this study, the authors aimed to investigate the efficiency of 30% glucose solution in the treatment of IC...
- Bone mineral density in response to two different regimes in ricketsMustafa Akcam
Hepatology and Nutrition Faculty of Medicine, Akdeniz University, Antalya, Turkey
Indian Pediatr 43:423-7. 2006..005 in Group 1 and P = 0.047 in Group 2). The increments of BMD were statistically similar between Group 1 and 2 (P = 0.096). The present study suggests that these two different treatment regimens bring about similar healing in BMD...
- Nail discoloration induced by doxycyclineMustafa Akcam
Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Department of Pediatrics, Medical School, Akdeniz University, Antalya, Turkey
Pediatr Infect Dis J 24:845-6. 2005..Here we report an 11-year-old-boy with nail discoloration caused by doxycycline intake...
- Cockroach allergy in a group of Turkish children with respiratory allergiesAygen Yilmaz
Department of Pediatrics, Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Turk J Pediatr 46:344-9. 2004....