Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Akdeniz University
- Autocrine control of MIP-2 secretion from metastatic breast cancer cells is mediated by CXCR2: a mechanism for possible resistance to CXCR2 antagonistsNuray Erin
Department of Medical Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Akdeniz University, B blok Kat 1 Immunoloji, 07070, Antalya, Turkey
Breast Cancer Res Treat 150:57-69. 2015..Activation of PI3 K pathway augments MIP-2 secretion, hence possible resistance to the antitumor effects of CXCR2 antagonists might be prevented with inhibitors of PI3 K. ..
- Vagus nerve regulates breast cancer metastasis to the adrenal glandNuray Erin
Department of Medical Pharmacology, Akdeniz University School of Medicine, Antalya Turkey
Anticancer Res 33:3675-82. 2013..Metastasis of breast cancer to adrenal glands may alter neuroendocrine functions which increase the severity of the disease. In this study the role of vagus nerve activity in adrenal metastases was examined...
- Differential characteristics of heart, liver, and brain metastatic subsets of murine breast carcinomaNuray Erin
Department of Medical Pharmacology and SBAUM, School of Medicine, Akdeniz University, Antalya, Turkey
Breast Cancer Res Treat 139:677-89. 2013..These findings not only provide a model to explore new treatment modalities, but also demonstrate differential features of cancer cells that originally homed to a certain organ, such as liver or brain. ..
- Activation of vagus nerve by semapimod alters substance P levels and decreases breast cancer metastasisNuray Erin
Department of Pharmacology, Akdeniz University, School of Medicine, Antalya 07070, Turkey
Regul Pept 179:101-8. 2012..Further studies, however, are required to elucidate the conditions and the mechanisms involved in anti-tumoral effects of semapimod...
- Differential changes in Substance P, VIP as well as neprilysin levels in patients with gastritis or ulcerNuray Erin
Department of Pharmacology and SBAUM, Akdeniz University, School of Medicine, Antalya 07070, Turkey
Peptides 35:218-24. 2012..Since VIP, as well as SP fragments, formed following hydrolysis with neprilysin is recognized to have gastroprotective effects, decreased levels of VIP, SP and neprilysin may predispose to cellular damage...
- Differentiation of neuronal from non-neuronal Substance PNuray Erin
Department of Internal Medicine, Akdeniz University, Antalya, Turkey
Regul Pept 152:108-13. 2009..Because SP in non-neuronal tissues may possibly be more important in pathological conditions, this technique could be useful in determining effects of various treatments on neuronal and non-neuronal SP levels and their consequences...
- Gibberellic acid, a plant growth regulator, increases mast cell recruitment and alters Substance P levelsNuray Erin
Departments of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Akdeniz University, B blok Kat 1 Immunoloji, Antalya, Turkey
Toxicology 254:75-81. 2008..Since both SP and mast cell activation elicit inflammatory responses, these results demonstrate that exposure to plant growth regulators may increase inflammatory skin and bladder disease and that use of GA3 should be clearly monitored...
- The effects of chronic low-dose capsaicin treatment on substance P levelsNuray Erin
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Akdeniz University, Antalya, Turkey
Regul Pept 153:83-7. 2009..In addition, significantly decreased SP levels of both tissues were observed in 40-day, compared to 27-day old rats...
- Vagotomy enhances experimental metastases of 4THMpc breast cancer cells and alters substance P levelNuray Erin
Department of Internal Medicine, Akdeniz University, Antalya, Turkey
Regul Pept 151:35-42. 2008..Presence of the tumor markedly increased SP level in the lung, which was more prominent in vagotomized animals. These results provide evidence that vagal activity may protect against metastatic disease...
- Inhibition of substance P activity prevents stress-induced bladder damageFeriha Ercan
Department of Histology and Embryology, Marmara University, School of Medicine, Turkey
Regul Pept 133:82-9. 2006..Inhibition of NK1R prevents stress-induced pathological changes of urinary bladder and NK1R antagonist can be considered for the treatment of inflammatory bladder diseases...
- Metastatic breast carcinoma induces vascular endothelial dysfunction in Balb-c mice: Role of the tumor necrosis factor-α and NADPH oxidaseSelvinaz Dalaklioglu
Akdeniz University, Medical Faculty, Department of Pharmacology, 07070 Antalya, Turkey Electronic address
Vascul Pharmacol 59:103-11. 2013....
- Differentiation of melanoma from non-cancerous tissue in an animal model using elastic light single-scattering spectroscopyMurat Canpolat
Department of Biophysics, School of Medicine, Akdeniz University, Dumlupinar Bulvari Antalya, Turkey
Technol Cancer Res Treat 7:235-40. 2008..These results demonstrate that elastic light single-scattering spectroscopy system can differentiate cancerous tissue from non-cancerous and has potential to be used intraoperatively to determine the surgical margins...
- Surface TRAIL decoy receptor-4 expression is correlated with TRAIL resistance in MCF7 breast cancer cellsAhter D Sanlioglu
The Human Gene Therapy Unit, Akdeniz University, Faculty of Medicine, Antalya, Turkey
BMC Cancer 5:54. 2005....
- Volume of nerve fibers in the stress-induced bladder of adult rats following capsaicin treatmentFeriha Ercan
Department of Histology Embryology, Marmara University, School of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
Urol Int 71:393-8. 2003..We have investigated the volume of nerve fibers in the rat urinary bladder following systematic exposure to cold-restraint stress and capsaicin treatment...
- Effects of botulinum toxin a injection on healing and tensile strength of ruptured rabbit achilles tendonsSerdar Tuzuner
From the Division of Hand Surgery, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, Department of Pharmacology, and Department of Neurology, Medical School of Akdeniz University Antalya and Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, Adana Numune Research and Training Hospital, Adana, Turkey
Ann Plast Surg 74:496-500. 2015..The aim of this study was to evaluate whether botulinum neurotoxin type-A (BoNT-A) can be used to enhance healing and prevent rupture in mobilized animals with Achilles tenotomy...
- Analysis of serum cytokine levels in larynx squamous cell carcinoma and dysplasia patientsMete Eyigor
Akdeniz University, Medical Faculty, Department of Medical Microbiology, Antalya, Turkey, E mail
Iran J Immunol 11:259-68. 2014..Although the imbalance of cytokines in Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma (HNSCC) is well known, there is scarce data regarding its occurrence during dysplasia, before the malignant transformation...
- Radiotherapy-induced decreases in substance P levels may potentiate melanoma growthAylin Fidan Korcum
Department of Radiation Oncology, Akdeniz University, School of Medicine, Antalya 07070, Turkey
Mol Med Report 2:319-26. 2009..These findings demonstrate for the first time that substance P inhibits melanoma growth, and that radiotherapy-induced decreases in substance P levels may underlie the radio-resistance of melanomas...
- Changes in tissue substance P levels in patients with carpal tunnel syndromeNiyazi Öztürk
1Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology, School of Medicine, Akdeniz University, Antalya, Turkey 2Department of Medical Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Akdeniz University, Antalya, Turkey
Neurosurgery 67:1655-60; discussion 1660-1. 2010..Chronic inflammation, fibrosis of the transverse carpal ligament (TCL), and altered sensory response contribute to the symptoms...