Affiliation: Akdeniz University
- Renal Transplantation With Size-Matched End-to-End Venous Anastomosis in Children With Inferior Vena Cava ThrombosisA Dinckan
Akdeniz University Organ Transplantation Institute and Department of General Surgery, Antalya, Turkey Electronic address
Transplant Proc 47:1345-7. 2015....
- Hepatic artery reconstruction with gonodal vein interposition: First case in patients receiving liver from the living donorAyhan Dinckan
Akdeniz University Transplantation Institute, Antalya, Turkey
Am J Case Rep 13:195-7. 2012..In this paper we present a case of gonodal vein interpositioning for hepatic artery reconstruction in an LDLT recipient. To the best of our knowledge, this is the first such case to be reported in the literature...
- Surgical correction of vesico-ureteric reflux for recurrent febrile urinary tract infections after kidney transplantationAyhan Dinckan
Akdeniz University Organ Transplantation Institute, Antalya, Turkey
BJU Int 112:E366-71. 2013..To evaluate the outcome of anti-reflux revision surgery in patients diagnosed with at least a grade 3 reflux at voiding cysto-urethrography in patients with recurrent urinary tract infection (UTI) after renal transplantation...
- Comparison of open and retroperitonoscopic donor nephrectomy in terms of lipid and protein peroxidation responsesA Dinckan
Organ Transplantation Institute, Akdeniz University Faculty of Medicine, Antalya, Turkey Electronic address
Transplant Proc 45:3214-9. 2013..This study was designed to compare donors who underwent open (ODN) versus retroperitonoscopic nephrectomy (RDN) in terms of intra-operative oxidative stress and recipients graft function in the early postoperative period...
- Pancreas survival in simultaneous pancreas-kidney and pancreas-after-kidney transplantations: a five-year follow-up reportAyhan Dinckan
Akdeniz University, Organ Transplantation Institute, Antalya, Turkey
Ann Transplant 17:14-9. 2012..The purpose of the study was to compare the clinical results of the pancreas graft in patients after SPK and PAK transplantations and to present the findings of our 5-year follow-up...
- Horseshoe kidney for transplant: report of 3 casesAyhan Dinckan
Akdeniz University Transplantation Center, Antalya, Turkey
Exp Clin Transplant 5:716-9. 2007..In our clinic, 3 grafts (1 obtained from a living donor and 2 from a deceased donor) were successfully transplanted to 3 patients. In select patients, horseshoe kidneys may be used for transplant...
- Simultaneous augmentation ileo-cystoplasty in renal transplantationAyhan Dinckan
Akdeniz University Transplantation Center, Antalya, Turkey
Urology 70:1211-4. 2007..However, the timing of the augmentation ileo-cystoplasty in combination with renal transplantation is still controversial...
- Early and late urological complications corrected surgically following renal transplantationAyhan Dinckan
Akdeniz University Transplantation Center, Antalya, Turkey
Transpl Int 20:702-7. 2007..No graft or patient loss was associated with urological complications. Urological complications that can be surgically corrected should be aggressively treated by experienced surgeons and graft loss avoided...
- The effect of pentoxifylline on oxidative stress in CO2 pneumoperitoneumAyhan Dinckan
Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Akdeniz University, Dumlupinar Bulvari, Kampus, Antalya, Turkey
Surg Endosc 23:534-8. 2009..Carbon dioxide (CO(2)) pneumoperitoneum induces peritoneal oxidative stress. This experimental, randomized, controlled study was designed to investigate the effect of pentoxifylline on oxidative stress induced by CO(2 )pneumoperitoneum...
- Evaluation of the first 100 liver transplantationsAyhan Dinckan
Department of Transplantation Center, Akdeniz University, Antalya, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 19:28-32. 2008..We aimed to present the experience of the first 100 liver transplantations carried out at Akdeniz University...
- Concurrent unilateral or bilateral native nephrectomy in kidney transplant recipientsAyhan Dinckan
Organ Transplantation Institute, Akdeniz University, Antalya, Turkey
Ann Transplant 18:697-704. 2013..The aim of this study is to present results of patients who have undergone renal transplantation concurrent with bilateral or unilateral native nephrectomy, with a special focus on polycystic kidney disease (PKD)...
- Circulating endothelial cells in pediatric renal transplant recipientsArife Uslu Gokceoglu
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Akdeniz University Medical Faculty, Antalya, Turkey
Pediatr Nephrol 28:2377-82. 2013..The aim of our study was to investigate the association of CEC with various clinical parameters in pediatric renal transplant recipients...
- Epstein-Barr virus infection in children with renal transplantation: 17 years experience at a single centerElif Comak
Pediatric Nephrology, Akdeniz University, Antalya, Turkey
Ren Fail 36:760-6. 2014..The aim of this study was to detect the frequency, time of occurrence, management and outcome of Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) infection and related complications in pediatric renal transplant recipients...
- Comparing two ureter reimplantation techniques in kidney transplant recipientsAlihan Gurkan
Department of General Surgery, Akdeniz University Transplantation Center, Antalya 07059, Turkey
Transpl Int 19:802-6. 2006..9% of cases. However, symptomatic reflux was not observed in the ureteroureterostomy group. UTI frequency was similar in both groups. Ureteroureterostomy can be safely performed as a primary choice in kidney transplant recipients...
- The effect of kidney diseases on survival in liver transplant patientsInci Suleymanlar
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Akdeniz University Medical School, Antalya, Turkey
Int Urol Nephrol 43:827-33. 2011..It is well known that kidney diseases such as acute kidney injury (AKI) and chronic kidney disease (CKD) are highly prevalent in LTx patients. We aimed to assess the effect of kidney disease on survival in LTx patients...
- Management of de novo nonneurogenic detrusor-sphincter dyscoordination in a bladder-drained pancreas and kidney transplantation caseSelcuk Yucel
Department of Urology, Akdeniz University School of Medicine, Antalya, Turkey
Pancreas 31:188-91. 2005..Urological complications can jeopardize the graft survival. We present a de novo nonneurogenic detrusor-sphincter dyscoordination in a pancreas and kidney transplanted case. We also report follow-up under conservative treatment...
- The impact of hepatitis C virus infection on long-term outcome in renal transplant patientsCağlar Ruhı
Department of Internal Medicine, Akdeniz University, School of Medicine, Antalya, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 22:165-70. 2011..The aim of this study was to determine the effect of hepatitis C virus infection on patient and graft survival and liver function in renal transplant patients...
- The safety of hem-o-lock clips at donor nephrectomiesNurettin Ay
Akdeniz University, Organ Transplantation Center, Antalya, Turkey
Ann Transplant 15:36-9. 2010..With our study, safety of hem-o-lock clip use at donor nephrectomies (conventional donor nephrectomy, transabdominal donor nephrectomy and retroperitonoscopic donor nephrectomy) has been evaluated...
- Quantitative analysis of BKV-specific CD4+ T cells before and after kidney transplantationEsvet Mutlu
Department of Medical Microbiology, Division of Immunology, Akdeniz University School of Medicine, Antalya, Turkey Transplantation Institute, Akdeniz University Medical Faculty, Antalya, Turkey Electronic address
Transpl Immunol 33:20-6. 2015..In this study, we aimed to determine whether pre-transplant CD4+ T-cell response can be used for prediction of BKV reactivation and BKV nephropathy (BKVN), by a method that can practically be used in routine patient monitoring...
- The assessment of PFA-100 test for the estimation of blood loss in renal transplantation operationZeki Ertug
Akdeniz University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Anesthesiology, Antalya, Turkey
Ann Transplant 15:46-52. 2010..The purpose of this study was to determine whether an abnormal PFA-100 is an accurate predictor of bleeding in dialysis patients undergoing renal transplantation (RTx)...
- The effect of different crystalloid solutions on acid-base balance and early kidney function after kidney transplantationNecmiye Hadimioglu
Department of Anesthesiology, Faculty of Medicine, Akdeniz University, Antalya, Turkey
Anesth Analg 107:264-9. 2008..This study aimed to quantify changes in acid-base balance, potassium and lactate levels as a function of administration of different crystalloid solutions during kidney transplantation, and to determine the ideal fluid for such patients...
- The impact of method on kidney graft and patient survival in kidney-pancreas transplantations for type I diabetes mellitusAyhan Dinckan
1 Department of General Surgery, Medical Faculty, Akdeniz University, Antalya, Turkey
Int Surg 100:137-41. 2015....
- Preliminary results of the first human uterus transplantation from a multiorgan donorOmer Ozkan
Department of Plastic Surgery, Akdeniz University, Antalya, Turkey
Fertil Steril 99:470-6. 2013..To describe the first-year results of the first human uterus transplantation case from a multiorgan donor...
- Analysis of risk factors predicting (affecting) mortality and morbidity of peptic ulcer perforationsCumhur Arici
Department of General Surgery, Akdeniz University Medical Faculty, Antalya, Turkey
Int Surg 92:147-54. 2007..001). Total postoperative mortality was 13.6% (20/147). Complications occurred in 48 (32.7%) of a total of 147 patients. Age, pulse rate at admission, and creatinine levels can be independent factors associated with prognosis in PUP...
- A retrospective analysis of pregnancy outcomes after kidney transplantation in a single centerMunire Erman Akar
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Akdeniz University School of Medicine, Antalya, Turkey
Gynecol Obstet Invest 79:13-8. 2015..We reported pregnancy outcomes after kidney transplantation in a single transplant center...
- [BK virus infections in pediatric kidney transplant recipients]Derya Mutlu
Akdeniz University Medical School Hospital, Department of Medical Microbiology, Antalya, Turkey
Mikrobiyol Bul 47:461-71. 2013..Multicenter prospective studies are required to enlighten this important issue. Early diagnosis with close monitoring of renal function and viremia, seems to be the most effective way for controlling BKVN. ..
- Digital evaluation of the muscle functions of the lower extremities among inguinal hernia patients treated using three different surgical techniques: a prospective randomized studyAyhan Mesci
Department of General Surgery, Akdeniz University Medical School, 07070, Antalya, Turkey
Surg Today 42:157-63. 2012..This prospective randomized trial was designed to compare this aspect for subjects treated using the laparoscopic techniques and those treated using the conventional method...
- [Spontaneous spleen rupture due to primary splenic angiosarcoma: a case report]Burhan Mayir
Department of General Surgery, Medicine Faculty of Akdeniz University, Antalya, Turkey
Ulus Travma Acil Cerrahi Derg 13:313-5. 2007..Spleen angiosarcoma must be considered in the differential diagnosis of patients with unexplained anemia, splenic mass and splenomegaly. It has rapid course and poor prognosis. Splenectomy must be performed because of threat of rupture...
- [A descending colon tumour prolapsing from anus: case report]Mehmet Ogus
Akdeniz University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of General Surgery, Antalya, Turkey
Ulus Travma Acil Cerrahi Derg 11:247-9. 2005..Here we discuss a case with a rare clinical presentation, who had sessile malign villous adenoma located in the descending colon, which caused colocolic intussusception and prolapsed through the anus...