Affiliation: Afyon Kocatepe University
- Occupational fatalities among coal mine workers in Zonguldak, Turkey, 1994-2003Hudaverdi Kucuker
Forensic Medicine Department, Afyon Kocatepe University School of Medicine, Afyonkarahisar, Turkey
Occup Med (Lond) 56:144-6. 2006..Fatal underground coal mine injuries are a worldwide problem. Zonguldak holds 95% of all Turkey's coal reserves...
- Should forensic autopsies be a source for medical education? A preliminary studyHudaverdi Kucuker
Department of Forensic Medicine, Afyonn Kocatepe University School of Medicine, Afyonkarahisar, Turkey
Teach Learn Med 20:22-5. 2008..There are many difficulties in obtaining cadavers. In addition, hardened and discolored cadavers that are fixed with formaldehyde look unrealistic and generate apathy among students...
- Variations in the intracranial vertebrobasilar systemAhmet Songur
Department of Anatomy, Kocatepe University Medical School, Afyonkarahisar, Turkey
Surg Radiol Anat 30:257-64. 2008..The aim of our study was to demonstrate some possible variations in the vertebrobasilar system (VBS) in the Turkish population and to compare our results with the literature...
- Phytodermatitis caused by Ceratocephalus falcatus (Ranunculacea)Semsettin Karaca
Department of Dermatology, School of Medicine, Afyon Kocatepe University, Afyon, Turkey
Eur J Dermatol 15:404-5. 2005..Here, a case of phytodermatitis caused by this remedy used for relieving knee pain is presented. This plant should be kept in mind when a case of phytodermatitis with vesicles or bullae presents at clinics...
- The fatal poisoning pattern of Ankara (Turkey) and nearby cities from 2007 to June 2011: a retrospective study in forensic autopsiesBekir Karaarslan
Department of Forensic Medicine, Gaziantep University Medical Faculty, Gaziantep Universitesi Kampus alani, Tip Fak Dekanligi, Sehitkamil, 27310 Gaziantep, Turkey
J Forensic Sci 58:1563-7. 2013..The level of education, socioeconomic conditions, and legal approaches are very important for the prevention fatal poisonings...
- Analysis of deaths caused by pat-pat accidents in TurkeyHudaverdi Kucuker
Sakarya University, School of Medicine, Department of Forensic Medicine, Esentepe Sakarya, Turkey
Traffic Inj Prev 13:209-11. 2012..Implementing legislation regarding safety measures or limitation of the use for transportation should be performed for pat-pats, of which thousands are currently in use...
- Role of family factors in adolescent delinquency in an Elazig/Turkey reformatoryAysun Baransel Isir
Department of Forensic Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Gaziantep, 27100 Gaziantep, Turkey
J Forensic Sci 52:125-7. 2007..Family factors play an important role in the development of adolescent delinquency. To prevent or decrease this rate of childhood or adolescent delinquency, there needs to be an improvement in the socio-cultural conditions of families...
- Analysis of 268 child and adolescent victims of sexual assault and the legal outcomeHudaverdi Kucuker
Department of Forensic Medicine, Afyonkarahisar Kocatepe University School of Medicine, Afyonkarahisar, Turkey
Turk J Pediatr 50:313-6. 2008....
- Fatal acute endosulfan toxicity: a case reportHudaverdi Kucuker
Departments of Forensic Medicine, School of Medicine, Afyon Kocatepe University, Afyonkarahisar, Turkey
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 104:49-51. 2009..To prevent death and to accelerate improvement, the organs that have more apparent histopathological injury should be considered and early and intensive supportive treatment be initiated...