Affiliation: Adnan Menderes University
- [How is quality of life affected in women in the presence of anxiety and depression symptoms?]Pinar Okyay
Department of Public Health, School of Medicine, Adnan Menderes University, Aydin
Turk Psikiyatri Derg 23:178-88. 2012..To assess how quality of life is affected among reproductive age women from the presence of anxiety and depression symptoms and the risk factors related to both...
- Intestinal parasites prevalence and related factors in school children, a western city sample--TurkeyPinar Okyay
Department of Public Health, Adnan Menderes University Medical Faculty, Aydin, Turkey
BMC Public Health 4:64. 2004....
- Nutritional status and risk factors of chronic malnutrition in children under five years of age in Aydin, a western city of TurkeyFiliz Ergin
Department of Public Health, Adnan Menderes University Faculty of Medicine, Aydin, Turkey
Turk J Pediatr 49:283-9. 2007....
- Orbital blood flow parameters in unilateral pseudoexfoliation syndromeVolkan Dayanir
Department of Ophthalmology, Adnan Menderes University, Aydin 09100, Turkey
Int Ophthalmol 29:27-32. 2009..The evaluation of orbital blood flow parameters in patients with unilateral pseudoexfoliation syndrome (XFS) and in age-sex-matched control subjects using color Doppler imaging...
- Female urinary incontinence in the west of Turkey: prevalence, risk factors and impact on quality of lifeIzzet Kocak
Department of Urology, Adnan Menderes University, Faculty of Medicine, 09100 Aydn, Turkey
Eur Urol 48:634-41. 2005..To determine the prevalence and risk factors of urinary incontinence (UI), and to assess its impact on quality of life (QOL) in Turkish women...
- Effect of corneal drying on central corneal thicknessVolkan Dayanir
Department of Ophthalmology, Adnan Menderes University Medical School, Aydin, Turkey
J Glaucoma 13:6-8. 2004..To determine the amount of corneal thinning induced by corneal drying, and to discuss its possible consequences on applanation pressure...
- Expression of NF-kappaB in Helicobacter pylori infectionFuruzan Kacar Doger
Department of Pathology, Adnan Menderes Universty School of Medicine, Aydin, Turkey
Dig Dis Sci 51:2306-9. 2006..004). We did not find a significant relationship between NF-kappaB and the presence of intestinal metaplasia (P = 0.355). These findings suggested that expression of NF-kappaB has an important role in H. pylori gastritis...
- Limb lengths of primary school children in a city from western region of TurkeySacide Karakas
Department of Anatomy, University Medical School, Adnan Menderes University, Aydin, Turkey
Coll Antropol 29:57-65. 2005..In addition to cross-sectional studies, longitudinal studies may give more useful knowledge for understanding the growth of children...
- Prevalence and risk factors for HEV infection in pregnant womenSerkan Oncu
Department of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, Adnan Menderes University, 09100 Aydin, Turkey
Med Sci Monit 12:CR36-39. 2006..The present study was conducted in western Turkey to investigate the prevalence and risk factors for HEV infection in pregnant women...
- The comparision of IgG antibodies specific to Toxocara spp. among eosinophilic and non-eosinophilic groupsSenem Yaman Karadam
Adnan Menderes University, Medical School Department of Microbiology and Clinical Microbiology, Aydin, Turkey
New Microbiol 31:113-6. 2008..in 114 (32.6%) of the eosinophilic group and in 71 (20.3%) of the non-eosinophilic group (p<0.001). Toxocariasis may be an important problem in the region and should be kept in mind for patients with eosinophilia...
- Personality disorders in a community sample in Turkey: prevalence, associated risk factors, temperament and character dimensionsCiğdem Dereboy
1Department of Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine, Adnan Menderes University, Aydin, Turkey
Int J Soc Psychiatry 60:139-47. 2014..Data from Turkey on prevalence of personality disorders (PD) in the normal population are sparse...
- Seroprevalence and risk factors for toxoplasma infection among pregnant women in Aydin province, TurkeySema Ertug
Department of Parasitology, Adnan Menderes University, School of Medicine, Aydin, Turkey
BMC Public Health 5:66. 2005....
- The association of office intraocular pressure fluctuation in ocular hypertension with frequency doubling technology perimetry abnormalityVolkan Dayanir
Department of Ophthalmology, Adnan Menderes University, Aydin, 09100, Turkey
Int Ophthalmol 28:347-53. 2008..To characterize intraocular pressure (IOP) and central corneal thickness (CCT) measurements of ocular hypertension (OHT) patients with and without frequency doubling technology (FDT) perimetry test abnormalities...
- Identification of NF-kappaB1 and NF-kappaBIAlpha polymorphisms using PCR-RFLP assay in a Turkish populationSerap Senol Tuncay
Department of Biology, Faculty of Arts and Sciences, Adnan Menderes University, Aydin, Turkey
Biochem Genet 48:104-12. 2010..3%, and G/G 38.5%. Distribution of genotype frequencies was tested by Hardy-Weinberg; the NF-kappaB1 gene was in Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium (chi(2) = 3.402, P > 0.05), the NF-kappaBIA gene was not (chi(2) = 8.293, P < 0.05)...
- A descriptive study on street children living in a southern city of TurkeyMunevver Turkmen
Department of Pediatrics, Adnan Menderes University, Faculty of Medicine, Aydin, Turkey
Turk J Pediatr 46:131-6. 2004..Fifteen (39%) blood samples had negative results. A more nationwide, institutional approach to the problem must be created and maintained...
- The reliability of long-term storage of direct immunofluorescent staining slides at room temperatureEmel Dikicioglu
Department of Pathology, Medical School of Adnan Menderes University, 09100 Aydin, Turkey
J Cutan Pathol 30:430-6. 2003..Long-term preservation of immunofluorescence is important for re-examinations. We investigated whether the storage of direct immunofluorescent (DIF)-positive slides at room temperature was reliable in daily practice...