- Arthroscopically assisted intra-articular lateral femoral condyle fracture surgery
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Ankara Bayindir Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Arthroscopy 22:690.e1-4. 2006
..Instead of using an arthrotomy for Müller type B1 lateral femoral condyle fractures, internal fixation assisted with arthroscopy will be a valuable technique with the advantage of identifying associated intra-articular pathology...
- Elephantiasis nostras verrucosa complicated with chronic tibial osteomyelitis
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, School of Medicine, Medicine Faculty of Zonguldak Karaelmas University, Kozlu, Zonguldak, Turkey
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 128:1183-6. 2008
..In this report, we present a patient who was treated by below knee amputation as a result of elephantiasis nostras verrucosa complicated with chronic tibial osteomyelitis...
- Sagittal plane analysis of the open and closed methods in children with displaced supracondylar fractures of the humerus (a radiological study)
School of Medicine, Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Zonguldak Karaelmas University, Esenkoy, Kozlu, Zonguldak, Turkey
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 128:739-44. 2008
- Bilateral anterior glenohumeral dislocation in a horse rider: a case report and a review of the literature
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Karaelmas University School of Medicine, Esenkoy, Kozlu, Zonguldak, Turkey
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 128:79-82. 2008
..To the best of our knowledge this case is the third glenohumeral dislocation by forward traction. A review of the literature is presented...
- A giant extrasynovial osteochondroma in the infrapatellar fat pad: end stage Hoffa's disease
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Zonguldak Karaelmas University School of Medicine, Esenkoy, Kozlu, Zonguldak, Turkey
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 128:515-9. 2008
..The infrapatellar fat pad contains the entire progenitor cells for the development of an osteochondroma and chronic impingement may have promoter affect on this issue, thus, an osteochondroma may occur at the end-stage Hoffa's disease...
- Is there a relationship between anterior knee pain and femoral trochlear dysplasia? Assessment of lateral trochlear inclination by magnetic resonance imaging
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Karaelmas University Medical School, 67600 Kozlu Zonguldak, Turkey
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 16:911-5. 2008
..Measurement of lateral trochlear inclination in axial MRI scans with radiologic assessment seems to be a valuable diagnostic criterion, especially in patients in whom etiology of anterior knee pain could not be identified...
- Morel-Lavallee lesion. Results of surgical drainage with the use of synthetic glue
Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology, Ankara Bayindir Hospital, Turkey
Saudi Med J 28:65-7. 2007
..To evaluate the results of surgical drainage and use of synthetic glue in Morel-Lavallee lesions...
- Surgical treatment of skier's thumb injuries: case report and review of the literature
Orthopaedics and Traumatology Department, Ankara Bayindir Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Mt Sinai J Med 73:818-21. 2006
..The goal of surgery is restoration of anatomy with stable fixation. In this study we present some cases managed with internal fixation of the injury. This technique has the advantage of anatomic stable fixation with good outcome...
- The fate of patellar tendon and infrapatellar fat pad after arthroscopy via central portal
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Faculty of Medicine, Zonguldak Karaelmas University, 67600, Kozlu, Zonguldak, Turkey
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 16:1114-20. 2008
..This study showed that although CP portal did not cause any clinical problems in a low demand group of patients, it leads to a significant radiological sequela in the tendon, biomechanical significance of which needs to be clarified...
- The effects of the synovium on chondrocyte growth: an experimental study
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 19:1214-23. 2011
..The objective of this study was to evaluate the effects of synovium on the proliferation of the cartilage tissue and chondrocytes using a rabbit knee model as an in vivo synovial culture medium...