- Rates and severity of perforation from implantable cardioverter-defibrillator leads: a 4-year study
Electrophysiology Section, Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of California, Palo Alto VA Medical Center, 3801 Miranda Ave, Cardiology E2 426, Palo Alto, CA 94304 5588, USA
J Interv Card Electrophysiol 24:47-52. 2009
..Although recent case reports and one small single-year observational study report a substantially increased rate of perforation with the St. Jude Riata series defibrillator lead, these results have not been externally validated...
- Prognostic significance of increased left ventricular mass index to mortality and sudden death in patients with stable coronary heart disease (from the Heart and Soul Study)
Mintu P Turakhia
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
Am J Cardiol 102:1131-5. 2008
..004). In conclusion, in patients with stable CHD, increased LV mass index was independently associated with all-cause mortality and sudden or arrhythmic death, even in subjects with normal EF...
- Impact of remote magnetic catheter navigation on ablation fluoroscopy and procedure time
Albert M Kim
University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 31:1399-404. 2008
..Remote magnetic catheter navigation (RCN) is gaining acceptance in clinical cardiac electrophysiology, but details regarding how RCN affects procedure execution are not well characterized...
- Trends in the incidence of atrial fibrillation in older patients initiating dialysis in the United States
Benjamin A Goldstein
Division of General Medical Disciplines, Stanford University School of Medicine, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Circulation 126:2293-301. 2012
..One sixth of US dialysis patients 65 years of age have been diagnosed with atrial fibrillation/flutter (AF). Little is known, however, about the incidence of AF in this population...
- Sudden cardiac death: epidemiology, mechanisms, and therapy
University of California, San Francisco, USA
Curr Probl Cardiol 32:501-46. 2007
..This review discusses the epidemiology, mechanisms, etiologies, therapies, treatment guidelines, and future directions in the management of sudden cardiac death...