- Once daily oral ofloxacin in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease exacerbation requiring mechanical ventilation: a randomised placebo-controlled trialS Nouira
Medical Intensive Care Unit, Fattouma Bourguiba University Hospital, 5000, Monastir, Tunisia
Lancet 358:2020-5. 2001..Our objective was to assess the effects of ofloxacin in patients with exacerbations of COPD who required mechanical ventilation...
- Standard versus newer antibacterial agents in the treatment of severe acute exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a randomized trial of trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole versus ciprofloxacinSemir Nouira
Research Unit 04 UR 08 20, Tahar Sfar University Hospital, Mahdia, Tunisia
Clin Infect Dis 51:143-9. 2010..CONCLUSIONS. In patients with acute exacerbation of COPD requiring mechanical ventilation, efficacy of trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole was not inferior to ciprofloxacin. Trial registration. ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00791505...
- Accuracy of two scores in the diagnosis of stroke subtype in a multicenter cohort studySemir Nouira
Emergency Department and Research Unit 04 UR 08 20, Fattouma Bourguiba University Hospital, Monasitr, Tunisia
Ann Emerg Med 53:373-8. 2009..We conducted this study to evaluate the predictive value of the Allen and Siriraj scores in the differential diagnosis of stroke subtypes...
- A clinical score predicting the need for hospitalization in scorpion envenomationSemir Nouira
Emergency Department, Fattouma Bourguiba University Hospital, Monastir 5000, Tunisia
Am J Emerg Med 25:414-9. 2007..Predicting complications is a clinical challenge in the assessment of victims of scorpion envenomation (SE). We sought to develop a clinical score to predict need for hospitalization after scorpion sting...
- Non-invasive pressure support ventilation and CPAP in cardiogenic pulmonary edema: a multicenter randomized study in the emergency departmentSemir Nouira
Emergency Department and Research Unit UR06SP21, Fattouma Bourguiba University Hospital, 5000 Monastir, Tunisia
Intensive Care Med 37:249-56. 2011..With regard to its physiological effects, we hypothesized that NIPSV would be better than CPAP in terms of clinical benefit...
- Effects of norepinephrine on static and dynamic preload indicators in experimental hemorrhagic shockSemir Nouira
Medical Intensive Care Unit, Fattouma Bourguiba University Hospital, Monastir 5000, Tunisia
Crit Care Med 33:2339-43. 2005....
- Neurohormonal activation in severe scorpion envenomation: correlation with hemodynamics and circulating toxinSemir Nouira
Service de Réanimation Médicale and Experimental Toxicology Unit 99 UR 088 59 and UR 06 02, Fattouma Bourguiba University Hospital Monastir 5000, Tunisia
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 208:111-6. 2005..Serum toxin does not appear to consistently contribute to these effects. Through its correlation with PAOP, ANP could be a reliable and useful marker of cardiac dysfunction in SE...
- Direct vs. mediated effects of scorpion venom: an experimental study of the effects of a second challenge with scorpion venomLamia Ouanes-Besbes
Intensive Care Unit, CHU F Bourguiba, Monastir, Tunisia
Intensive Care Med 31:441-6. 2005..CONCLUSIONS: These data emphasize the limited role of direct effects of scorpion venom on the cardiovascular system and the key role of catecholamines...
- A canine study of immunotherapy in scorpion envenomationFekri Abroug
Intensive Care Unit, CHU F Bourguiba, 5000, Monastir, Tunisia
Intensive Care Med 29:2266-76. 2003..To evaluate the effects of scorpion venom and antivenom in experimental envenomation...
- Diagnosis of ventilator-associated pneumonia: agreement between quantitative cultures of endotracheal aspiration and plugged telescoping catheterSouheil Elatrous
Intensive Care Unit, Centre Hospitalo-Universitaire F. Bourguiba, 5000 Monastir, Tunisia
Intensive Care Med 30:853-8. 2004..The simpler ETA appears adequate for determining the presence of pathogenic organisms in significant concentration in the lower respiratory tract...
- Paracetamol vs piroxicam to relieve pain in renal colic. Results of a randomized controlled trialMohamed Habib Grissa
Department of Emergency Medicine, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Fatouma Bourguiba, rue du 1er Juin, Monastir, Tunisia
Am J Emerg Med 29:203-6. 2011..We tested whether paracetamol could improve pain relief in patients visiting the emergency department with acute renal colic as compared to piroxicam, a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID)...
- Prediction Value of the Canadian CT Head Rule and the New Orleans Criteria for Positive Head CT Scan and Acute Neurosurgical Procedures in Minor Head Trauma: A Multicenter External Validation StudyWahid Bouida
Emergency Department and Research Unit UR06SP21, Fattouma Bourguiba University Hospital, Monastir, Tunisia
Ann Emerg Med 61:521-7. 2013..We compare the performance of both decision rules for indentifying patients with intracranial traumatic lesions and those who require an urgent neurosurgical intervention after mild head injury...
- Chronic outpatient management of asthmatics attending the emergency department: a survey from a country with low incomeLamia Ouanes-Besbes
Intensive Care Unit, Fatouma Bourguiba Hospital, Monastir, Tunisia
Eur J Emerg Med 13:21-5. 2006..In most asthmatic patients, treatment did not conform with guidelines because of an underutilization of corticosteroids, mainly because of economic obstacles...