- Effects of spatial frequency on visual evoked magnetic fields
Department of Integrative Physiology, National Institute for Physiological Sciences, Okazaki 444 8585, Japan
Exp Brain Res 226:347-55. 2013
- The hollow-face illusion in infancy: do infants see a screen based rotating hollow mask as hollow?
Research and Development Initiative, Chuo University, 742 1 Higashinakano, Hachioji, Tokyo, 192 0393, Japan E mail
Iperception 2:418-27. 2011
..Our results suggest that this, perhaps together with a weaker bias to perceive faces as convex, allows these infants to see the screen-based hollow face as hollow even though adults perceive it as convex...
- Infants can't discriminate the orientation of a grating surrounded by an oblique square
Department of Psychology, Chuo University, 742 1, Higashinakano, Hachioji, Tokyo 192 0393, Japan
Perception 38:1035-44. 2009
..Here, the relative orientation with respect to the external visual frame differs from the orientation relative to the retinal/gravitational axes. Such discrepancy appears to cause confusion in infants' perception of orientation...
- Infant's ability to form a common representation of an object's shape from different pictorial depth cues: A transfer-across-cues study
Research and Development Initiative, Chuo University, Japan
Infant Behav Dev 32:468-75. 2009
..We found that, at least by six-to-seven-months old, infants develop a common representation over different pictorial depth cues...
- The development of the ability of infants to utilize static cues to create and access representations of object shape
Research and Development Initiative, Chuo University, Hachioji, Tokyo, Japan
J Vis 10:2. 2010
..Tsuruhara, T. Sawada, S. Kanazawa, M. K. Yamaguchi, & A. Yonas, 2009). This work supports the hypothesis that the ability to form 3D spatial representations from pictorial depth cues develops at about 6 months of age...
- Prepulse inhibition of auditory change-related cortical responses
Department of Integrative Physiology, National Institute for Physiological Sciences, Okazaki, 444 8585, Japan
BMC Neurosci 13:135. 2012
..PPI is usually observed by use of a startle reflex such as blinking following an intense sound. A similar phenomenon has not been reported for cortical responses...
- Effects of acute nicotine on auditory change-related cortical responses
Department of Integrative Physiology, National Institute for Physiological Sciences, Myodaiji, Okazaki 444 8585, Japan
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 224:327-35. 2012
..Nicotine is known to have enhancing effects on some aspects of attention and cognition. The purpose of the present study was to elucidate the effects of nicotine on pre-attentive change-related cortical activity...