- Administration of tomato juice ameliorates lactate dehydrogenase and creatinine kinase responses to anaerobic training
General Chemical State Laboratory of Greece, 16 An Tsocha Str, 11521 Athens, Greece Electronic address
Food Chem Toxicol 61:9-13. 2013
..At the same time homocysteine and C-reactive protein were also attenuated. No changes were observed in the control group, where the usual carbohydrate supplementation had been followed. ..
- Medication use by athletes at the Athens 2004 Summer Olympic Games
Athens 2004 Organising Committee for the Olympic Games, Athens, Greece
Clin J Sport Med 19:33-8. 2009
..To gather data and examine the use by elite Olympic athletes of food supplements and pharmaceutical preparations in total and per sport, country, and gender...
- Applications and biomonitoring issues of recombinant erythropoietins for doping control
Department of Drugs and Narcotics, 3rd Chemical Service of Athens, General Chemical State Laboratory of Greece, 16 An Tsoha Street, 11521, Athens, Greece
Ther Drug Monit 33:3-13. 2011
- Dietary supplementation with tomato-juice in patients with metabolic syndrome: a suggestion to alleviate detrimental clinical factors
General Chemical State Laboratory of Greece, 16 An Tsocha Str, 11521, Athens, Greece
Food Chem Toxicol 74:9-13. 2014
..The results of the present study suggest an alleviating effect of tomato-juice with regard to risk factors associated with metabolic syndrome. ..
- Connection between telomerase activity in PBMC and markers of inflammation and endothelial dysfunction in patients with metabolic syndrome
Second Cardiology Department, Amalia Fleming General Hospital, Athens, Attiki, Greece
PLoS ONE 7:e35739. 2012
..These findings suggest a prolonged activity of inflammatory cells in the studied state of this metabolic disorder that could represent a contributory pathway in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis...
- Effects of walking on heart rate recovery, endothelium modulators and quality of life in patients with heart failure
Amalia Fleming General Hospital, Athens, Greece
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 18:594-600. 2011
..Few studies have addressed the impact of moderate unsupervised everyday physical activity in patients with chronic heart failure (CHF)...
- The use of nutritional supplements among recreational athletes in Athens, Greece
Dept of Drugs and Narcotics, General Chemical State Laboratory of Greece, Athen, Greece
Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab 21:377-84. 2011
..In conclusion, use of nutritional supplements was common among recreational athletes in Athens, Greece. A low level of awareness and low involvement of health care professionals as sources of information and supply were observed...
- Histopathological lesions, oxidative stress and genotoxic effects in liver and kidneys following long term exposure of rabbits to diazinon and propoxur
Section of Hazardous Substances, Mixtures and Articles, Directorate of Environment, General Chemical State Laboratory of Greece, Athens, Greece
Toxicology 307:109-14. 2013
..The aim of the present study was to investigate the effects of diazinon and propoxur on liver and kidneys, following long term exposure of rabbits...