- Internet use and misuse: a multivariate regression analysis of the predictive factors of internet use among Greek adolescents
Second Department of Pediatrics, P and A Kyriakou Children s Hospital, Adolescent Health Unit, University of Athens, Leoforos Mesogeion 24, Goudi, Athens, 11527, Greece
Eur J Pediatr 168:655-65. 2009
..e., sites relating to socialization and game playing) and may lead to internet addiction, particularly among male adolescents...
- Adolescent pornographic internet site use: a multivariate regression analysis of the predictive factors of use and psychosocial implications
Adolescent Health Unit A H U, Second Department of Pediatrics, P and A Kyriakou Children s Hospital, National and KapodistrianUniversity of Athens, School of Medicine, Greece
Cyberpsychol Behav 12:545-50. 2009
..05; 95% CI = 1.57-10.46) and borderline prosocial score (OR = 4.22; 95% CI = 1.64-10.85). Thus, both infrequent and frequent PIS use are prevalent and significantly associated with social maladjustment among Greek adolescents...
- Adolescents dealing with sexuality issues: a cross-sectional study in Greece
P and A Kyriakou Children s Hospital, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens School of Medicine, Athens, Greece
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 23:298-304. 2010
..To evaluate the prevalence of sexual activity and contraception methods used by Greek adolescents. To assess the effect of various factors in the decision making on sexual activity...
- Association between internet gambling and problematic internet use among adolescents
Adolescent Health Unit A H U, Second University Department of Pediatrics, P and A Kyriakou Children s Hospital, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens School of Medicine, 24 Mesogeion Avenue, Goudi, 11527 Athens, Greece
J Gambl Stud 27:389-400. 2011
..43; 95% CI: 1.40-8.39). Thus, the study findings suggest that adolescents who participate in internet gambling practices are more likely to concomitantly present with problematic internet use...
- Determinants of Internet addiction among adolescents: a case-control study
Adolescent Health Unit, Second University Department of Pediatrics, P and A Kyriakou Children s Hospital, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens School of Medicine, Greece
ScientificWorldJournal 11:866-74. 2011
..19-12.70), including depression (10.5 vs. 0%; p = 0.022). Adolescent IA is associated with deterred familial functions, poor academic performance, engagement in high-risk behaviors, and an augmented likelihood for depression...
- Risk factors and psychosocial characteristics of potential problematic and problematic internet use among adolescents: a cross-sectional study
Adolescent Health Unit, Second Department of Pediatrics, P, and A, Kyriakou Children s Hospital, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens School of Medicine, Greece
BMC Public Health 11:595. 2011
..Problematic internet use (PIU) is associated with a plethora of psychosocial adversities. The study objectives were to assess the determinants and psychosocial implications associated with potential PIU and PIU among adolescents...
- Human Papilloma Virus infection in sexually active adolescent girls
1st Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Athens, Alexandra Hospital, Greece
Gynecol Oncol 126:207-10. 2012
..The aim of the study was to examine trends in HPV infection among sexually active adolescents attending for a sexual health screen...
- Prevalence of different HPV types and estimation of prognostic risk factors based on the linear array HPV genotyping test
Department of Hygiene Epidemiology and Medical Statistics, School of Medicine, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
J Med Virol 81:2059-65. 2009
..5, 6.3)] and no history of child birth [no vs. yes: OR = 2.6, 95% CI: (1.0, 6.7)]. Younger age was an additional risk factor for HPV infection with carcinogenic genotypes [OR for 1 year increase = 0.93, 95% CI: (0.89, 0.98)]...
- Investigation of serum bactericidal activity in childhood and adolescence 3-6 years after vaccination with a single dose of serogroup C meningococcal conjugate vaccine
Irine Ikbale Sakou
National Meningitis Reference Laboratory, National School of Public Health, 196, Alexandras Avenue, Athens, Greece
Vaccine 27:4408-11. 2009