- Persistence of symptoms in primary somatoform vertigo and dizziness: a disorder "lost" in health care?
Clinic of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Mainz, Germany
J Nerv Ment Dis 201:328-33. 2013
..The patients with decreased coping capacity over time obtained the best prognosis. Primary SVD is an ineffectively treated disorder. Recommendations for specific complaint-oriented psychotherapy programs were given...
- Implementing panic-focused psychodynamic psychotherapy into clinical practice
Manfred E Beutel
Department of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, University Medical Centre, Mainz, Germany
Can J Psychiatry 58:326-34. 2013
..To determine the effectiveness of manualized panic-focused psychodynamic psychotherapy (PFPP) in routine care in Germany...
- Depersonalization experiences are strongly associated with dizziness and vertigo symptoms leading to increased health care consumption in the German general population
Department of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, University Medical Center Mainz, Mainz, Germany
J Nerv Ment Dis 201:629-35. 2013
..The presence of DP symptoms should actively be explored in patients complaining of dizziness. ..
- Patients' psychological well-being and resilient coping protect from secondary somatoform vertigo and dizziness (SVD) 1 year after vestibular disease
Clinic of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Untere Zahlbacher Str 8, 55131, Mainz, Germany
J Neurol 258:104-12. 2011
..To prevent secondary SVD, patients should be screened for risk and preventive factors, and offered psychotherapeutic treatment in case of insufficient coping capacity...
- Dizziness: anxiety, health care utilization and health behavior--results from a representative German community survey
Clinic of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Germany
J Psychosom Res 66:417-24. 2009
..We explored the consequences of comorbid anxiety for emotional distress, functional impairment, health care utilization, and health behavior in dizziness...
- [Childhood trauma and its relation to diagnoses and psychic complaints in patients of an psychosomatic university ambulance]
Universitätsmedizin Mainz, Klinik fur Psychosomatische Medizin und Psychotherapie, Mainz, Germany
Psychother Psychosom Med Psychol 61:54-61. 2011
..The observed relation between specific dimensions of childhood trauma and psychiatric diagnoses is consistent with reports on other clinical samples...
- Why do subjective vertigo and dizziness persist over one year after a vestibular vertigo syndrome?
Department of Neurology, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1164:334-7. 2009
..In addition, patients who developed anxiety or depressive disorder after the onset of the vestibular disorder showed poor improvement and high persistency of symptoms...