- Genotype and phenotype of patients with both familial adenomatous polyposis and thyroid carcinoma
University California San Francisco, Department of Medicine, Comprehensive Cancer Center, San Francisco, California, USA
Fam Cancer 2:95-9. 2003
..Additionally, thyroid cancer in our patients occurred in the setting of classic FAP phenotype. Germline mutations were located predominantly outside the APC mutation cluster region...
- Serologic markers associated with development of Crohn's disease after ileal pouch anal anastomosis for ulcerative colitis
99 Lupine Ave, 503, San Francisco, CA, 94118, USA
Dig Dis Sci 59:135-45. 2014
..One of the causes of pouch failure after ileal pouch anal anastomosis (IPAA) for ulcerative colitis (UC) is the development of de novo Crohn's disease (CD). Our aim was to clearly define factors associated with post-IPAA CD...
- Low rate of microsatellite instability in young patients with adenomas: reassessing the Bethesda guidelines
Fernando S Velayos
Division of Gastroenterology and Colorectal Cancer Prevention Program, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 100:1143-9. 2005
..We sought to determine the rate of MSI in adenomas removed from individuals under 40 yr of age over a 5-yr period in a university general gastroenterology practice...
- A comparison of the phenotype and genotype in adenomatous polyposis patients with and without a family history
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and the Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California San Francisco, 2330 Post Street, San Francisco, CA 94115 1623, USA
Fam Cancer 4:127-33. 2005
..We studied the phenotype and genotype of adenomatous polyposis in patients without a family history...
- Tumor histology helps to identify Lynch syndrome among colorectal cancer patients
Department of Medicine, Gastroenterology Division, University California San Francisco, 2330 Post St, Suite 610, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Fam Cancer 7:267-74. 2008
..To determine the value of histology in identifying Lynch syndrome among those patients with early onset of colorectal cancer (CRC)...
- BRAF mutation is frequently present in sporadic colorectal cancer with methylated hMLH1, but not in hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer
Department of Medicine, Veteran Affairs Medical Center and Cancer Center, University of California San Francisco, California, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:191-5. 2004
..In this study, we sought to compare the frequencies of BRAF mutations in sporadic colorectal cancer with MSI with those in hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer (HNPCC)...