- The Weight Influenced Self-Esteem Questionnaire (WISE-Q): factor structure and psychometric properties
Department of Psychiatry, Toronto General Hospital, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 2C4
Body Image 10:112-20. 2013
..Evidence of internal and test-retest reliability was found. Also, the pattern of correlations between WISE-Q scores and other constructs was in line with predictions. As expected, WISE-Q scores improved with treatment yet remained high...
- Timing and prediction of relapse in a transdiagnostic eating disorder sample
The Department of Psychiatry, Toronto General Hospital, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Int J Eat Disord 41:587-93. 2008
..To identify factors that predict relapse in eating disorders to direct the development of effective relapse prevention interventions...
- Efficacy and intensity of day hospital treatment for eating disorders
Marion P Olmsted
Psychiatry, Toronto General Hospital, University Health Network and University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2C4, Canada
Psychother Res 23:277-86. 2013
..These findings suggest that the optimal intensity of treatment may vary depending on treatment goals, but 5-day DH is recommended for eating disorders...
- Effects of resolving to change one's own behavior: expectations vs. experience
University Health Network, and Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Behav Ther 40:164-70. 2009
..With respect to Hypothesis 3, however, having more positive expectations about one's resolution did not predict a worse outcome...
- The effectiveness of an individualized form of day hospital treatment
a Eating Disorder Program, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Eat Disord 23:191-205. 2015
..Weight gain and abstinence from symptoms were less likely for patients in this new program. However, premature discharge, rapid response, symptom frequencies, and relapse rates did not differ. ..
- Empirically defining rapid response to intensive treatment to maximize prognostic utility for bulimia nervosa and purging disorder
Danielle E Macdonald
Ryerson University, 350 Victoria Street, Toronto, Ontario M5B2K3, Canada University Health Network, 200 Elizabeth Street, Toronto, Ontario M5G2C4, Canada Electronic address
Behav Res Ther 68:48-53. 2015
..These findings provide an empirically derived definition of RR to intensive eating disorder treatment, and provide further evidence that early change is an important prognostic indicator. ..
- Predictors of rapid relapse in bulimia nervosa
Marion P Olmsted
Department of Psychiatry, University Health Network, Toronto, Canada Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Int J Eat Disord 48:337-40. 2015
..Relapse remains a significant concern in bulimia nervosa, with some patients relapsing within months of treatment completion. The purpose of the study was to identify predictors of relapse within the first 6 months following treatment...
- Effects of exposure to unrealistic promises about dieting: are unrealistic expectations about dieting inspirational?
Department of Psychology, University of Toronto, 100 St George Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 3G3
Int J Eat Disord 37:142-9. 2005
..Diet advertisements promoting unrealistic expectations were expected to inspire restrained eaters to diet and lead to enhanced self-perceptions, relative to more circumspect advertisements...